This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RustedAir View Post
    Can't remember if this has been answered, but how does Safety Among Enemies (and any similar effect) work when redirecting an attack against a target with a defensive excellency or other reflexive defence enhancer? Can they just choose to pay until their defence beats the redirected attack (dice caps permitting), or is the attack compared against their base defence to see if it hits them.
    They get a chance to use defensive Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Can you choose whether to heal bashing or lethal first with Wound-Mending Care Technique or does it always heal bashing first?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
        Can you choose whether to heal bashing or lethal first with Wound-Mending Care Technique or does it always heal bashing first?
        My assumption is that it would follow the standard order that stuff gets healed in (bashing before lethal, starting at -4 and working up to -0).

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Regarding Flowing Mind Prana:
          I spend 20 xp, I roll 20 dice at the end of the story. So far so good. Let's say I get 5 successes.
          Now, at the end of the next story (assuming I haven't used FMP again)... do I roll 15 dice or 20?

If it's only 15, that's an ever slower pace of regaining the xp and I fail to see the use in Tireless Learner Method.
          If it's 20 Tireless Learner Method suddenly makes sense to me, since you can kinda somewhat keep up with people you've used it for but I do wonder if I'm missing something.

Either way, a second question I'd have on this, what happens if one uses FMP while xp are still spent?
          Do you roll all dice at once, or should one keep note of how many specific expenses of xp one made?

On a related note:
          You've previously stated that the xp gained from Lore charms don't affect essence progression (smart I think) but what about the xp spent on TLM? I assume the sensible thing to do would be to just allow the xp regained to counter the ones spent on TLM, or, alternatively, interpret that one as spent for essence progression anyway?

3EX Martial Arts basic overview (Weapons, Armor, Attributes & Abilities)

Comment

• Have you guys made any decisions in regards to what Sidereal MA will look like as compared to normal MA?

Comment

• So, celestial ambition 3 sorcerous working lets you create a being with powers similar to a second circle demon.
              What if i want to take an already existing supernatural being (fair folk, ghost, god) and want to give her the power of a second circle demon?

Comment

• Is it possible for a war fan to get the Shield tag regular fans get from Elegant Weapon Repertoire?

Comment

• Does the Defining Intimacy you get from Terrifying Forest-Devil Mask remain after you remove the disguise? I initially assumed it was only for the duration of the charm, but upon re-reading it doesn't actually say it's a temporary intimacy.

Comment

• I don't recall if I ever asked this before, but to put it out there:

Are there any Lunar Appearance Charms (particularly ones with high Mins) that would, in their fluff or their effect, seem incompatible with having high Appearance under the Hideous Merit? Or would that simply be a case in which the power of Lunar magic can supercede being scary looking, even if it's technically flowing out of it?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• By default, without charms to allow it, can you clash an attack with a ranged weapon? For example, if all I have is a bow, can I try to clash someone attacking me with a sword? What about another ranged weapon? I can kind of buy clashing a melee weapon with a ranged one (I just picture waiting to loose the shot until the absolute best moment to disrupt the enemy's sword swing, basically), but I have a hard time seeing how a ranged vs. ranged clash works - does my arrow split the opponent's and go on to hit them? Are both deflected, but mine somehow recovers and still hits the opponent?

If ranged clashes are possible by default, I was wondering about the cost of the Dragon-Blood charm Dragonfly Finds Its Mate, which costs 5m, 1i. That seems kind of high if ranged clashes are already possible. Its only benefit in that case would be to allow a reflexive clash, and it removes the ability to do initiative damage, which I presume a "standard" ranged clash would still have. Is your feeling that making the clash reflexive is powerful enough to justify the cost and drawback, or were you balancing on the idea that ranged clashes weren't possible normally, and allowing them is its own benefit?

Comment

• Is the Elemental Aura state supposed to only be enterable while the character's turn is active? The book itself seems to say that, but it seems extremely limiting for, for instance, Earth Aspects, that they can not enter an Aura State based off of using only Resistance charms against an opponent's attacks.

Comment

• Lunar War Dominions are quite different in tone from the Thousand Streams River projects of 2nd ed.

Chiaroscoro, Halta and the Haslanti League were all created (and influenced behind the scenes) by Lunars in 2nd ed. Will they be Dominions in 3rd ed, or just unrelated societies? Or influenced but not controlled by Lunars?

Or will it just not be mentioned?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            Lunar War Dominions are quite different in tone from the Thousand Streams River projects of 2nd ed.

Chiaroscoro, Halta and the Haslanti League were all created (and influenced behind the scenes) by Lunars in 2nd ed. Will they be Dominions in 3rd ed, or just unrelated societies? Or influenced but not controlled by Lunars?
                            None of those three are Lunar dominions. That's not to say that, like, no Lunar has ever spent time there or had a meaningful impact, but there aren't going to be any secret Lunar masters behind the scenes of those places.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Okay, thanks.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Was making Stormcaller “compatible” with Single Point a deliberate troll move or an entertaining accident?

Comment

Working...
                                X