X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much of a lunar's skin do the caste fixing tattoos cover?

Related, if a new lunar already has tattoos, are the new moonsilver tattoos worked around those?

Comment

• Are Protean Charms based off of Intimacies that are directed at you for having another person's shape based on the assumption that an individual will naturally direct such to you because of how you look, that acquiring a person's shape through a sacred hunt confers elements such as scent, gait and body language and even speech pattern that will naturally give people a very strong sense that you are who you're pretending to be, or is it something more metaphysical?

Would the Charm to allow Lunars to Instantly modify aspects of their own appearance be capable of allowing them to mimic the appearance of a specific person (even if, presumably, it would be vastly inefficient to do so compared to spending a few motes to change entirely), or is there a limit to how many uses can be Stacked?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by realitycheque View Post
        How much of a lunar's skin do the caste fixing tattoos cover?

Related, if a new lunar already has tattoos, are the new moonsilver tattoos worked around those?
        There aren't any hard-and-fast details specifying how your moonsilver tattoos have to look. Players have a pretty free hand to customize how their character's look.

(Obviously, Storytellers can and should shut down things like "my tattoos are a quarter-inch square on the back of my eyelid, so no one will ever spot them but I still get all the benefits")

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          Are Protean Charms based off of Intimacies that are directed at you for having another person's shape based on the assumption that an individual will naturally direct such to you because of how you look, that acquiring a person's shape through a sacred hunt confers elements such as scent, gait and body language and even speech pattern that will naturally give people a very strong sense that you are who you're pretending to be, or is it something more metaphysical?
          There's no singular reason given for it.

Would the Charm to allow Lunars to Instantly modify aspects of their own appearance be capable of allowing them to mimic the appearance of a specific person (even if, presumably, it would be vastly inefficient to do so compared to spending a few motes to change entirely), or is there a limit to how many uses can be Stacked?
          No, you can't use it for impersonation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            There aren't any hard-and-fast details specifying how your moonsilver tattoos have to look. Players have a pretty free hand to customize how their character's look.

(Obviously, Storytellers can and should shut down things like "my tattoos are a quarter-inch square on the back of my eyelid, so no one will ever spot them but I still get all the benefits")
            That's great! It always irritated me that such rugged individualists all had to have the same tattoo style.

It reminds me of another question; is Clawspeak still a thing?

My characters:
            Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
              It reminds me of another question; is Clawspeak still a thing?
              Nah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

No, you can't use it for impersonation.
                I want to have a clear picture in my mind, so may I ask how that works?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

I want to have a clear picture in my mind, so may I ask how that works?
                  You can make cosmetic alterations to your forms, including alterations so profound that you might not even be recognizable as a variation on the original form, but you can't specifically disguise yourself as Death-Knuckle Susan. In some ways, this is a concession to mechanical feasibility, but those are the kind of compromises game design entails!

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• As a manner of curiosity that popped up at the Discord, what happens when a sorcerer successfully casts Unslakable Thirst of the Devil-Maw underwater? Or what would you say happens, if it's one of those "Up to the Storyteller" dealies :3

Comment

You can make cosmetic alterations to your forms, including alterations so profound that you might not even be recognizable as a variation on the original form, but you can't specifically disguise yourself as Death-Knuckle Susan. In some ways, this is a concession to mechanical feasibility, but those are the kind of compromises game design entails!
                      {thinks about line of argument in the preview thread}

I can accept that.

It's probably close enough for the scenario that I have in my head, anyway.

Comment

• Can you tell us how the hearteaters view the other exalted?

Comment

Am I correct in the impression you could adopt traits necessary to fool someone who knows a physical description of a subject, but not someone who has met the subject?

You effectively end up looking like a different person who has the same list of physical descriptors, like the actors who Ryan Murphy clearly has been trying to sleep with: https://goo.gl/images/CGPZhZ

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• How beefy is lunar ox body technique?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alistair View Post
                              As a manner of curiosity that popped up at the Discord, what happens when a sorcerer successfully casts Unslakable Thirst of the Devil-Maw underwater? Or what would you say happens, if it's one of those "Up to the Storyteller" dealies :3
                              The water within range would get sucked into the maw, and then the surrounding water would flow into the newly-created gap to fill it, probably with quite some force. I'll leave it to Storytellers how they want to depict that mechanically, or at least, wait until I have a good idea of how to do it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Daeth View Post
                                Can you tell us how the hearteaters view the other exalted?
                                They feel betrayed by the other Exalted they fought alongside in the Divine Revolution.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...
                                X