X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumping:

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Was making Stormcaller “compatible” with Single Point a deliberate troll move or an entertaining accident?
    Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

• Nah m8, it was an unintentional accident lol
      Last edited by GenericMaleNPC01; 11-10-2018, 02:50 AM. Reason: Decided to let Vance or Minton answer, even if it was already done so. I recommend people remember there is a thing called Nishkriya

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
        Was making Stormcaller “compatible” with Single Point a deliberate troll move or an entertaining accident?
        The latter.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• In terms of Ox-Body, something came up in a discussion a while ago.

Some Solar charms give bonuses based on your Attributes. Ox-Body is based on your Stamina, some Awareness charms give a bonus based on Perception, some Melee charms give bonuses based on Strength.

Do any Lunar charms give bonuses based on Abilities? For example, Ox-Body giving more health levels if you have a better Resistance?

My Exalted characters:
          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• If a character has Lore (Realm History) and they want to gain a lore rating in say (Ancient Weapons), do they buy a new lore rating like craft or martial arts? Or is it just grab a specialty so they can apply the realm history dice on other lore rolls that aren't about realm history so long as they have a specialty?

Comment

• Can modern Lunars still turn into snakes as long as rivers the same way they did in the Divine Revolution?

In a previous post, you mentioned that simple charms with the same effects as solars charms and some "meat and potatoes" stuff would have the same power as Solars but they wont reach the absurd high level of power that latter Solar charms have. So what would be the upper cap level of power of Lunars? Is that already decided?

Comment

• Bumping this, in case it's just a question you missed instead of something I'm not going to get an answer on.

Originally posted by senresk View Post
                Does the Defining Intimacy you get from Terrifying Forest-Devil Mask remain after you remove the disguise? I initially assumed it was only for the duration of the charm, but upon re-reading it doesn't actually say it's a temporary intimacy.

"Let us take men and give them the favor of the gods and use them as our champions against the Primordials, that we might overthrow them and play for ourselves the Games of Divinity."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                  In terms of Ox-Body, something came up in a discussion a while ago.

Some Solar charms give bonuses based on your Attributes. Ox-Body is based on your Stamina, some Awareness charms give a bonus based on Perception, some Melee charms give bonuses based on Strength.

Do any Lunar charms give bonuses based on Abilities? For example, Ox-Body giving more health levels if you have a better Resistance?
                  There are Charms that require or enhance specific Ability rolls, but off the top of my head, I'm not sure if they have any similar to the examples you gave.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by GenericMaleNPC01 View Post
                    If a character has Lore (Realm History) and they want to gain a lore rating in say (Ancient Weapons), do they buy a new lore rating like craft or martial arts? Or is it just grab a specialty so they can apply the realm history dice on other lore rolls that aren't about realm history so long as they have a specialty?
                    You just have a single Lore rating, like all the non-Craft/Martial Arts Abilities. You'd want a specialty.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sakii View Post
                      Can modern Lunars still turn into snakes as long as rivers the same way they did in the Divine Revolution?
                      Yep. Lunars are the best at being daikaiju.

In a previous post, you mentioned that simple charms with the same effects as solars charms and some "meat and potatoes" stuff would have the same power as Solars but they wont reach the absurd high level of power that latter Solar charms have. So what would be the upper cap level of power of Lunars? Is that already decided?
                      However you want to conceptualize the upper cap level on Solar power, the cap on Lunars would be a bit below it, but not as much as in past editions.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by senresk View Post
                        Does the Defining Intimacy you get from Terrifying Forest-Devil Mask remain after you remove the disguise? I initially assumed it was only for the duration of the charm, but upon re-reading it doesn't actually say it's a temporary intimacy.
                        It doesn't automatically go away, it just becomes subject to being weakened and removed like a normal Intimacy.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So the strength of Lunar Ox-body in 3e is solely based on their stamina?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                            So the strength of Lunar Ox-body in 3e is solely based on their stamina?
                            Yep! 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              Immaculates and lay Dragon-Blooded who are well-versed in the true nature of the Anathema are aware it's because the Solar and Lunar Anathema are themselves Exalted. The peasantry (and the Dragon-Blooded not interested in theology) don't really need to know much more than "it's because they stole the power of the sun and moon."
                              What does it mean to be 'Exalted' within this (in universe) context? I can understand the Dragonblooded as small-e exalted individuals who have achieve their position due to the blood of the dragons and a virtuous past life seeing a degree of comonality between themselves and god-blood, who also recieve powers by dint of their birth and (one assumes) living a previous life virtuous enough to be born into that position (but not enough to be born a DB). Similarly, I can see the commonality between a vile anaethma who has been granted their power by the incarnae without need for virtue or enlightenment, and an exigent who is also granted unearned gifts by gods who overstep their role in the perfected hierarchy. But I can't see why (to a DB) an anaethma would be considered Exalted like a dragonblood, and a godblood would not be.

I appreciate, to a older sideral or god the grouping of 'Exalted' (which may exists as a legal grouping within the laws of heaven) would make sense as 'one of the beings created to fight the great war against the primordials' (which would rightly exclude godblood from being an exalt), but to my knowledge dragonblood don't possess that level of knowledge of ancient history of heavenly law.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                However you want to conceptualize the upper cap level on Solar power, the cap on Lunars would be a bit below it, but not as much as in past editions.
                                Do you have any power, at least the narrative, that you can spoil that represents the upper cap of power?

Comment

Working...
                                X