Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Sakii View Post

    Do you have any power, at least the narrative, that you can spoil that represents the upper cap of power?
    The upper boundary of power for anyone is typically a combination of effects, which makes this difficult.


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Zardoz View Post

      What does it mean to be 'Exalted' within this (in universe) context? I can understand the Dragonblooded as small-e exalted individuals who have achieve their position due to the blood of the dragons and a virtuous past life seeing a degree of comonality between themselves and god-blood, who also recieve powers by dint of their birth and (one assumes) living a previous life virtuous enough to be born into that position (but not enough to be born a DB). Similarly, I can see the commonality between a vile anaethma who has been granted their power by the incarnae without need for virtue or enlightenment, and an exigent who is also granted unearned gifts by gods who overstep their role in the perfected hierarchy. But I can't see why (to a DB) an anaethma would be considered Exalted like a dragonblood, and a godblood would not be.

      I appreciate, to a older sideral or god the grouping of 'Exalted' (which may exists as a legal grouping within the laws of heaven) would make sense as 'one of the beings created to fight the great war against the primordials' (which would rightly exclude godblood from being an exalt), but to my knowledge dragonblood don't possess that level of knowledge of ancient history of heavenly law.
      Those privy to this degree of truth understand that the Solar and Lunar Anathema are the Chosen of the Sun and Moon, in the same manner that the Sidereal Exalted (of which they may or may not also be aware) are the Chosen of the Maidens.


      Developer for Exalted

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Robert Vance's Patreon

      Comment


      • How is the deep-seated anger mentioned in the new lunar write-ups represented mechanically, if it is at all? Individual charms that draw on it, some other mechanic, or is it just fluff?


        Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
        Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
        Some Lintha QCs
        A Wyld Behemoth

        Comment


        • When paying 3m for an Audient Brush to come to 'life', the text mentions it acts as a scribe for the scene. Should we represent this mechanically with its own Linguistics pool? And if so, how high should it be? About a Follower's worth (2-3 dots in Linguistics, presumably 2-3 in the relevant Attribute)? A Retainer (4-5 dots, presumably 3-5 in the relevant attribute with or without specialties)? A specific dicepool? Or does it just use the Exalt's own Linguistics pool?

          Comment


          • Are Exigents under the Great Curse? I'm wondering since while mostly every Exigent Exaltation is new, from what I gather Exigents as a thing traces back all the way to the Divine Revolution. So I'm wondering if the Great Curse managed to find a way to effect these Exigents some way or another, probably through the Exigence itself?


            .

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              They feel betrayed by the other Exalted they fought alongside in the Divine Revolution.
              Is this what makes them a foil to Lunars? Lunars were betrayed by the Usurpation but Heart-eaters feel betrayed by even the Lunars?

              Also guessing they don't feel betrayed by the Usurpation necesarily but maybe something to do with their absent/destroyed patron(s).

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                Those privy to this degree of truth understand that the Solar and Lunar Anathema are the Chosen of the Sun and Moon, in the same manner that the Sidereal Exalted (of which they may or may not also be aware) are the Chosen of the Maidens.
                How rare is access to this information? Is it rarer or more common between different branches of Immaculate doctrine, like between the Realm's Order and Loohshy's chaplainry and order of sohei?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TDS View Post
                  How is the deep-seated anger mentioned in the new lunar write-ups represented mechanically, if it is at all? Individual charms that draw on it, some other mechanic, or is it just fluff?
                  It's a constellation of various things coming together. It's not, like, a Rage Meter, or anything as blunt as that.


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Alistair View Post
                    When paying 3m for an Audient Brush to come to 'life', the text mentions it acts as a scribe for the scene. Should we represent this mechanically with its own Linguistics pool? And if so, how high should it be? About a Follower's worth (2-3 dots in Linguistics, presumably 2-3 in the relevant Attribute)? A Retainer (4-5 dots, presumably 3-5 in the relevant attribute with or without specialties)? A specific dicepool? Or does it just use the Exalt's own Linguistics pool?
                    It just uses the Exalt's dice pools.


                    Developer for Exalted

                    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                    Robert Vance's Patreon

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                      Are Exigents under the Great Curse? I'm wondering since while mostly every Exigent Exaltation is new, from what I gather Exigents as a thing traces back all the way to the Divine Revolution. So I'm wondering if the Great Curse managed to find a way to effect these Exigents some way or another, probably through the Exigence itself?
                      Yes it did. All the Exalted who warred against the makers of the universe in the Divine Revolution fell under the Great Curse.


                      Developer for Exalted

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Robert Vance's Patreon

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by reseru View Post
                        Is this what makes them a foil to Lunars? Lunars were betrayed by the Usurpation but Heart-eaters feel betrayed by even the Lunars?
                        It's more about the different ways that Lunars and Hearteaters are monsters.


                        Developer for Exalted

                        Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                        Robert Vance's Patreon

                        Comment


                        • Can you tell us how the umbral exalted view other exalted?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post

                            How rare is access to this information? Is it rarer or more common between different branches of Immaculate doctrine, like between the Realm's Order and Loohshy's chaplainry and order of sohei?
                            The Realm covers this in detail.


                            Developer for Exalted

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Robert Vance's Patreon

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Daeth View Post
                              Can you tell us how the umbral exalted view other exalted?
                              They don't have a unified perspective, so their views will be informed more by their individual experiences and beliefs.

                              (To anticipate an obvious question, the same is true of the Dream-Souled)


                              Developer for Exalted

                              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                              Robert Vance's Patreon

                              Comment


                              • To me another obvious question would be what the other Exalted thinks about them but I think I can already get a rough picture based on what was said before. At least on a few cases


                                .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X