This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
    By default, without charms to allow it, can you clash an attack with a ranged weapon? For example, if all I have is a bow, can I try to clash someone attacking me with a sword? What about another ranged weapon? I can kind of buy clashing a melee weapon with a ranged one (I just picture waiting to loose the shot until the absolute best moment to disrupt the enemy's sword swing, basically), but I have a hard time seeing how a ranged vs. ranged clash works - does my arrow split the opponent's and go on to hit them? Are both deflected, but mine somehow recovers and still hits the opponent?

If ranged clashes are possible by default, I was wondering about the cost of the Dragon-Blood charm Dragonfly Finds Its Mate, which costs 5m, 1i. That seems kind of high if ranged clashes are already possible. Its only benefit in that case would be to allow a reflexive clash, and it removes the ability to do initiative damage, which I presume a "standard" ranged clash would still have. Is your feeling that making the clash reflexive is powerful enough to justify the cost and drawback, or were you balancing on the idea that ranged clashes weren't possible normally, and allowing them is its own benefit?

I just wanted to bump this once, in case it got missed.

Comment

• How badass do Resonant-level Moonsilver Evocations need to be to compete with Deadly Beastman Transformation and any Charms that follow or require DBT?

Do any Charms have Protean effects keying off of DBT specifically?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
        By default, without charms to allow it, can you clash an attack with a ranged weapon?
        Yeah.

If ranged clashes are possible by default, I was wondering about the cost of the Dragon-Blood charm Dragonfly Finds Its Mate, which costs 5m, 1i. That seems kind of high if ranged clashes are already possible. Its only benefit in that case would be to allow a reflexive clash, and it removes the ability to do initiative damage, which I presume a "standard" ranged clash would still have. Is your feeling that making the clash reflexive is powerful enough to justify the cost and drawback, or were you balancing on the idea that ranged clashes weren't possible normally, and allowing them is its own benefit?
        Dragonfly Finds Mate is a reflexive clash which doesn't count as your attack for the round, which isn't something Dragon-Blooded get much of the time. That's why it has that cost, and forgoes the withering damage roll.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
          How badass do Resonant-level Moonsilver Evocations need to be to compete with Deadly Beastman Transformation and any Charms that follow or require DBT?
          I think existing moonsilver artifacts are a good example.

Do any Charms have Protean effects keying off of DBT specifically?
          No.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• So, this may sound like a weird question given their name, but do moonsilver tattoos necessarily have to be coloured...well, silver? I know you can vary the style of them quite a bit, but some players get quite particular with the aesthetics of their characters, so how much leeway is there in the colour of the tattoos? Is there a reason to disallow variety in that since it (I assume) makes them no longer instantly recognisable as moonsilver tattoos? Is that a balance concern?

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
            Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
            Some Lintha QCs
            A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

• Originally posted by TDS View Post
              So, this may sound like a weird question given their name, but do moonsilver tattoos necessarily have to be coloured...well, silver? I know you can vary the style of them quite a bit, but some players get quite particular with the aesthetics of their characters, so how much leeway is there in the colour of the tattoos? Is there a reason to disallow variety in that since it (I assume) makes them no longer instantly recognisable as moonsilver tattoos? Is that a balance concern?
              If you want to tint your moonsilver, ask your Storyteller how they feel about it.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• When it comes to character creation and intimacies, I know that each level of intimacy intensity has its own dot value:
                Defining - 4 dots
                Major - 3 dots
                Minor - 2 dots

But does your negative intimacy have its own unique intensity or is counted as a minor, 2 dot intensity?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoagie101 View Post
                  When it comes to character creation and intimacies, I know that each level of intimacy intensity has its own dot value:
                  Defining - 4 dots
                  Major - 3 dots
                  Minor - 2 dots

But does your negative intimacy have its own unique intensity or is counted as a minor, 2 dot intensity?
                  The value of an Intimacy is the same regardless of whether its emotional context is positive or negative.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                    The value of an Intimacy is the same regardless of whether its emotional context is positive or negative.
                    For example, my Spider's positive Intimacies include a Defining Tie of love for knowledge, as well as the Major Principle, "Anything worth doing is worth doing in style," but he also has a negative Intimacy in the form of a Defining Tie of hatred of bullies.

Comment

• Sorry if this's been asked before, but is there any date to release "The Realm", "Lunas: Fangs at the Gate" and finish "Adversaries of the Righteous"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lerinome View Post
                        Sorry if this's been asked before, but is there any date to release "The Realm", "Lunas: Fangs at the Gate" and finish "Adversaries of the Righteous"?
                        We have no release dates for any of them. (Release dates have been an issue for 3e, and we'd prefer not to give out any date that we can't be absolutely sure of.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• What Essence rating would you recommend for a Charm to more quickly change between Personas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                            We have no release dates for any of them. (Release dates have been an issue for 3e, and we'd prefer not to give out any date that we can't be absolutely sure of.)

Aw, that's too bad... Not even if any of those should be released on 2019?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                              What Essence rating would you recommend for a Charm to more quickly change between Personas?
                              It depends on the specifics. Like, being able to do it reflexively has the potential to be a better social defense than anything else Solars have.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                Yeah.

Dragonfly Finds Mate is a reflexive clash which doesn't count as your attack for the round, which isn't something Dragon-Blooded get much of the time. That's why it has that cost, and forgoes the withering damage roll.
                                Wait, t doesn't? The charm text doesn't say one way or another. I would have guessed that without the exception, all clash charms count as your attack for the turn. Are we to assume that clash charm DON'T count as the attack action for a turn unless they say they are? In the core, there's clash charms that explicitly say they do count as the attack AND charms that say they don't count as the attack for the turn so I'm not sure what the default assumption is.

The other thing with Dragonfly Finds Mate is that since you're initiating a clash against an oncoming attack, do you still suffer the full penalty of losing a clash if you fail to gain more successes than your opponent?

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

Working...
                                X