Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask the Devs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Daeth View Post
    When you say that they wont have castes do you mean that people will have to make their own or will they have something different?
    There's just not any castes or caste-analogues for them at all.


    Developer for Exalted

    Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

    Robert Vance's Patreon

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ReshyShira View Post
      Will the Lunars book include monsters such as the aforementioned "snake the size of a river"?
      It'll include the tools for Lunars to build their own monsters.


      Developer for Exalted

      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

      Robert Vance's Patreon

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
        By default, without charms to allow it, can you clash an attack with a ranged weapon? For example, if all I have is a bow, can I try to clash someone attacking me with a sword? What about another ranged weapon? I can kind of buy clashing a melee weapon with a ranged one (I just picture waiting to loose the shot until the absolute best moment to disrupt the enemy's sword swing, basically), but I have a hard time seeing how a ranged vs. ranged clash works - does my arrow split the opponent's and go on to hit them? Are both deflected, but mine somehow recovers and still hits the opponent?

        If ranged clashes are possible by default, I was wondering about the cost of the Dragon-Blood charm Dragonfly Finds Its Mate, which costs 5m, 1i. That seems kind of high if ranged clashes are already possible. Its only benefit in that case would be to allow a reflexive clash, and it removes the ability to do initiative damage, which I presume a "standard" ranged clash would still have. Is your feeling that making the clash reflexive is powerful enough to justify the cost and drawback, or were you balancing on the idea that ranged clashes weren't possible normally, and allowing them is its own benefit?

        I just wanted to bump this once, in case it got missed.

        Comment


        • How badass do Resonant-level Moonsilver Evocations need to be to compete with Deadly Beastman Transformation and any Charms that follow or require DBT?

          Do any Charms have Protean effects keying off of DBT specifically?


          Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

          My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
            By default, without charms to allow it, can you clash an attack with a ranged weapon?
            Yeah.

            If ranged clashes are possible by default, I was wondering about the cost of the Dragon-Blood charm Dragonfly Finds Its Mate, which costs 5m, 1i. That seems kind of high if ranged clashes are already possible. Its only benefit in that case would be to allow a reflexive clash, and it removes the ability to do initiative damage, which I presume a "standard" ranged clash would still have. Is your feeling that making the clash reflexive is powerful enough to justify the cost and drawback, or were you balancing on the idea that ranged clashes weren't possible normally, and allowing them is its own benefit?
            Dragonfly Finds Mate is a reflexive clash which doesn't count as your attack for the round, which isn't something Dragon-Blooded get much of the time. That's why it has that cost, and forgoes the withering damage roll.


            Developer for Exalted

            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

            Robert Vance's Patreon

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
              How badass do Resonant-level Moonsilver Evocations need to be to compete with Deadly Beastman Transformation and any Charms that follow or require DBT?
              I think existing moonsilver artifacts are a good example.

              Do any Charms have Protean effects keying off of DBT specifically?
              No.


              Developer for Exalted

              Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

              Robert Vance's Patreon

              Comment


              • So, this may sound like a weird question given their name, but do moonsilver tattoos necessarily have to be coloured...well, silver? I know you can vary the style of them quite a bit, but some players get quite particular with the aesthetics of their characters, so how much leeway is there in the colour of the tattoos? Is there a reason to disallow variety in that since it (I assume) makes them no longer instantly recognisable as moonsilver tattoos? Is that a balance concern?


                Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
                Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
                Some Lintha QCs
                A Wyld Behemoth

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TDS View Post
                  So, this may sound like a weird question given their name, but do moonsilver tattoos necessarily have to be coloured...well, silver? I know you can vary the style of them quite a bit, but some players get quite particular with the aesthetics of their characters, so how much leeway is there in the colour of the tattoos? Is there a reason to disallow variety in that since it (I assume) makes them no longer instantly recognisable as moonsilver tattoos? Is that a balance concern?
                  If you want to tint your moonsilver, ask your Storyteller how they feel about it.


                  Developer for Exalted

                  Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                  Robert Vance's Patreon

                  Comment


                  • When it comes to character creation and intimacies, I know that each level of intimacy intensity has its own dot value:
                    Defining - 4 dots
                    Major - 3 dots
                    Minor - 2 dots

                    But does your negative intimacy have its own unique intensity or is counted as a minor, 2 dot intensity?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hoagie101 View Post
                      When it comes to character creation and intimacies, I know that each level of intimacy intensity has its own dot value:
                      Defining - 4 dots
                      Major - 3 dots
                      Minor - 2 dots

                      But does your negative intimacy have its own unique intensity or is counted as a minor, 2 dot intensity?
                      The value of an Intimacy is the same regardless of whether its emotional context is positive or negative.


                      Developer for Exalted

                      Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                      Robert Vance's Patreon

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        The value of an Intimacy is the same regardless of whether its emotional context is positive or negative.
                        For example, my Spider's positive Intimacies include a Defining Tie of love for knowledge, as well as the Major Principle, "Anything worth doing is worth doing in style," but he also has a negative Intimacy in the form of a Defining Tie of hatred of bullies.

                        Comment


                        • Sorry if this's been asked before, but is there any date to release "The Realm", "Lunas: Fangs at the Gate" and finish "Adversaries of the Righteous"?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Lerinome View Post
                            Sorry if this's been asked before, but is there any date to release "The Realm", "Lunas: Fangs at the Gate" and finish "Adversaries of the Righteous"?
                            We have no release dates for any of them. (Release dates have been an issue for 3e, and we'd prefer not to give out any date that we can't be absolutely sure of.)


                            Developer for Exalted.

                            Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

                            Comment


                            • What Essence rating would you recommend for a Charm to more quickly change between Personas?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                                We have no release dates for any of them. (Release dates have been an issue for 3e, and we'd prefer not to give out any date that we can't be absolutely sure of.)

                                Aw, that's too bad... Not even if any of those should be released on 2019?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X