This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    What Essence rating would you recommend for a Charm to more quickly change between Personas?
    It depends on the specifics. Like, being able to do it reflexively has the potential to be a better social defense than anything else Solars have.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Yeah.

Dragonfly Finds Mate is a reflexive clash which doesn't count as your attack for the round, which isn't something Dragon-Blooded get much of the time. That's why it has that cost, and forgoes the withering damage roll.
      Wait, t doesn't? The charm text doesn't say one way or another. I would have guessed that without the exception, all clash charms count as your attack for the turn. Are we to assume that clash charm DON'T count as the attack action for a turn unless they say they are? In the core, there's clash charms that explicitly say they do count as the attack AND charms that say they don't count as the attack for the turn so I'm not sure what the default assumption is.

The other thing with Dragonfly Finds Mate is that since you're initiating a clash against an oncoming attack, do you still suffer the full penalty of losing a clash if you fail to gain more successes than your opponent?

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post

Wait, t doesn't? The charm text doesn't say one way or another. I would have guessed that without the exception, all clash charms count as your attack for the turn. Are we to assume that clash charm DON'T count as the attack action for a turn unless they say they are? In the core, there's clash charms that explicitly say they do count as the attack AND charms that say they don't count as the attack for the turn so I'm not sure what the default assumption is.
        Going forward (i.e. from Arms of the Chosen on), clashes, counterattacks, and other reflexive attacks will specify if they count as your attack for the round.

The other thing with Dragonfly Finds Mate is that since you're initiating a clash against an oncoming attack, do you still suffer the full penalty of losing a clash if you fail to gain more successes than your opponent?
        Yep, that's true of any reflexive clash Charm.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• I couldn't find anything on this particular problem so I'll ask here.

Does the Defining Intimacy of lust that Celestial Bliss Trick creates count as something you can resist normally by spending a Willpower, like other types of social interaction that inflicts a Intimacy onto you?

Comment

• Suppose I receive five initiative from a district gambit, then take five initiative damage, then do something on my turn other than attack the distracted foe. What happens? Do I still lose five initiative or is the “transferred” initiative already lost?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
              Yeah.
              Thanks for the response! Just a follow-up: I assume that since it doesn't specify otherwise, a ranged clash inflicts damage as normal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post

Thanks for the response! Just a follow-up: I assume that since it doesn't specify otherwise, a ranged clash inflicts damage as normal?
                Yep. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                  Suppose I receive five initiative from a district gambit, then take five initiative damage, then do something on my turn other than attack the distracted foe. What happens? Do I still lose five initiative or is the “transferred” initiative already lost?
                  I'd lean towards you losing the Initiative. It doesn't seem like "double-dipping" is the intent of the gambit.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Originally posted by Great Cthulhu View Post
                    I couldn't find anything on this particular problem so I'll ask here.

Does the Defining Intimacy of lust that Celestial Bliss Trick creates count as something you can resist normally by spending a Willpower, like other types of social interaction that inflicts a Intimacy onto you?
                    No. Celestial Bliss Trick isn't an instill action.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• If I remember correctly, you said that Exigents would include 4 example/sample Exigent types, one of which would be Architects (like the one in the Core)? Do I remember correctly?
                      Which is cool, I liked the Architect, and it seems obvious that you could have Architects of different cities.

Can you give us any hints as to the other 3?

Also, will the 3 non-canon Exalt types use any rules from the rest of the book, or have entirely their own stuff?

I don't know if this is stuff you've decided yet, since I imagine you're busy with Lunars and Heirs to the Shogunate, but I thought I'd ask.

My characters:
                      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Will Exigents go in detail on how exactly the Celestial Bureaucracy works, like how a god's purviews is attached to job, how they get and are assigned to those jobs and how they can lose them and what that would be like, and other stuff like that? I'm wondering since the concept of divinity in Exalted in regards to everything below the Incarna is a little bit hard to grasp.

Comment

• Also, how a god's jobs and the beliefs of their worshippers shape them.

Obviously they shape them a bit; Ahlat has a cow head, not a walrus head. On the other hand, they clearly don't shape them 100%; Ahlat's still cow-themed despite no longer being god of southern cattle.

My characters:
                          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                            Ahlat's still cow-themed despite no longer being god of southern cattle.
                            Ahlat is still the Southern god of cattle, as per Exalted Third Edition, p. 514.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
                              Will Exigents go in detail on how exactly the Celestial Bureaucracy works, like how a god's purviews is attached to job, how they get and are assigned to those jobs and how they can lose them and what that would be like, and other stuff like that? I'm wondering since the concept of divinity in Exalted in regards to everything below the Incarna is a little bit hard to grasp.
                              We hope to provide more detail on the Celestial Bureaucracy in Sidereals.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                If I remember correctly, you said that Exigents would include 4 example/sample Exigent types, one of which would be Architects (like the one in the Core)? Do I remember correctly?
                                That's correct.

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                Can you give us any hints as to the other 3?
                                Strawmaiden Janest.

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                Also, will the 3 non-canon Exalt types use any rules from the rest of the book, or have entirely their own stuff?
                                Every type of Exigent has "their own stuff," so I'm not sure I can provide a meaningful answer.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

Working...
                                X