This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post

Thx, yeah I figured if it wasn't in Exigent it would probably be in Sid. Wondering, how much detail do you think you guys will go into Gods in Exigent? While most of the book does seem like it will mostly homebrew advice, will there at least be more of an expansion on them from what we can get from the Core?
    Information on gods in the Exigents book will be aimed primarily at designing patron gods who'll provide useful personality and design hooks for Exigent characters.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• It occurs to me that in all the hints released so far, I don't believe any of the example Exigents/Non-canon Exalted have been said to have powers specifically geared towards Sorcery. Is this the case, or has it just not come up in conversation?

Comment

• Originally posted by shkspr1048 View Post
        It occurs to me that in all the hints released so far, I don't believe any of the example Exigents/Non-canon Exalted have been said to have powers specifically geared towards Sorcery. Is this the case, or has it just not come up in conversation?
        I'm not sure what you mean by "powers specifically geared toward sorcery." They can learn sorcery, and could potentially have Charms that interact with it the way that Solars, Dragon-Blooded, and Lunars do, although it's not particularly a specialty for any of the four Exigents getting fully detailed in the book or the optional Exalted.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Weird clash situation: what happens if you have 2 on one fight and end up on the same initiative;
          So A (solo fighter) attacks B, and B+C attack A so A clashes B but what and when does C attack happen/interact with the fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            I'm not sure what you mean by "powers specifically geared toward sorcery." They can learn sorcery, and could potentially have Charms that interact with it the way that Solars, Dragon-Blooded, and Lunars do, although it's not particularly a specialty for any of the four Exigents getting fully detailed in the book or the optional Exalted.
            OK, let's try this then: The information on the Exigent Odara, Chosen of Ash is up for public consumption in Adversaries of the Righteous, so no spoilers there. So here's a hypothetical: If Odara were the sort to go in for Sorcery, what might her...'Sorcery Extension Charms' look like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiikragg View Post
              Weird clash situation: what happens if you have 2 on one fight and end up on the same initiative;
              So A (solo fighter) attacks B, and B+C attack A so A clashes B but what and when does C attack happen/interact with the fight?
              A isn't attacking C, so C's attack against A isn't a clash. In terms of determining when it occurs, there's no set procedure; if it becomes tactically relevant, some randomized method can be used to determine whether C's attack occurs before or after the clash.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Will The Realm and/or Fangs At The Gate go into more detail about how Lunar activities have affected the various satrapies of the Realm, and even the Isle itself?

Comment

• Does Knowing the Soul’s Price actually do anything Finding the Water’s Depths doesn’t besides give bonuses on the roll, and if so what? Seriously confused here.

Comment

• if i clash a range attack with Fire-Eating Fist and win the clash but my opponent is out of range do i reset to base?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                      Every type of Exigent has "their own stuff," so I'm not sure I can provide a meaningful answer.
                      If Exigents has any sort of “standard charms” or a “build your own charm” section with rules and modifiers that look like they escaped from GURPS or Champions, then an Example Exigent could simply reference back those rules for a highly condensed charm section.

If the book instead has a chapter that lists a bunch of things to keep in mind when writing charms, notes on rules interactions, and other helpful advice, but doesn’t actually give us a set of “charm legos,” then we need decently large charm sections from everyone in the book to use as references and benchmarks.

I’m guessing that the question was which of those was likely to be in the book, if either.

Comment

• Do you think it would be proper for an appropriately focused Exigent to access the Third Circle of Sorcery? How about the Third Circle of Necromancy? What about Sidereal Martial Arts?

Not all at once mind you. And I completely understand if the answer is a qualified yes, because Exigents do seem to be built on situational prowess, but I’m still curious what the maximum accessible level of power is for one.

Comment

• If I receive n initiative from a distract gambit and attack the intended target with a decisive attack but miss, do I lose those initiative as if I hadn't attacked? (In addition to the standard penalty for missing.)

Similarly, if a Night Caste stalks his enemy for several rounds with Stalking Wolf Attitude, gaining a huge amount of initiative, and attacks his prey yet misses the attack, does he keep the initiative gained via Stalking Wolf Attitude?

Comment

• How does being in the belt of shadow walkings shadow form interact with stealth? Does it give benefits to stealth or just make it possible to stealth in places they couldn't normally?

Comment

• Do the penalties applied by Nothing But Shadows apply to opposing awareness join battle rolls when the stylist is using blinding battle feint to stealth? To clarify i mean penalizing the roll to notice, not for initiative order.

Comment

• If a person with the gem of incomparable wellness has his health track filled to incapacitated, does he then die and then the gem regenerates him back to life? Or does it basically prevent death like the earlier part of it's description about deprivation and drowning, etc only making the exalt unconcious?

Comment

Working...
                                X