Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think you actually HAVE to move for TAP. Thunderclap Rush Attack requires a move, but TAP says MAY, and it says if the solar moves a range band it counts as their move action. The if meaning that its not a required movement. Devs can obviously correct me but that's how I read it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
      I know that things will likely change now with new developers, but previously the first planned setting book seemed to be Different Skies. Is there a chance that we may get some Dreaming Sea material moved up the pipeline? If not as a separate book, then maybe as individual articles?
      We're thinking of a Dreaming Sea book sometime in the next couple of years, but have not set any sort of release schedule anywhere that far ahead. Right now it's one book at a time. (Okay, maybe right now it's more like three books at a time!)

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kell_Tamer View Post
        I don't think you actually HAVE to move for TAP. Thunderclap Rush Attack requires a move, but TAP says MAY, and it says if the solar moves a range band it counts as their move action. The if meaning that its not a required movement. Devs can obviously correct me but that's how I read it.
        A dev post quoted by the person you replied to clarified that you do have to move.

Infernals - To Rule in Hell (complete first draft)
        3e Dragon Kings (complete)
        My martial arts (includes Eye of Heaven, White Veil, Obsidian Shards and more)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanaya View Post
          A dev post quoted by the person you replied to clarified that you do have to move.
          So noted. something something ten characters....

Comment

• I have a question on something that is causing quite a bit of consternation on the discord right now. I'll lay it out in a numbered format.

Everyone involved in this disagreement agrees on these 6 rules:

1. Heavenly Guardian Defense lets you apply your parry against ambushes

2. If you are ambushed, you have not readied your weapon / drawn your blade / what have you.

3. You cannot use HGD if you have not readied your weapon, so unless you already have your weapon drawn, it normally will not protect against ambushes.

4. If you are ambushed, it is because you are unaware of the person who is attacking you.

5. Reflexive Charms can be activated when it makes sense.

6. Call the Blade lets you reflexively ready your weapon.

There are two interpretations of how these rules play out.
            I1. On one hand, there are people who say that because CtB is reflexive, you can activate it whenever, including the picosecond before you're struck, letting you activate HGD and apply your parry.

I2. There are people on the other hand who say that you cannot activate CtB, because it does not make any sense for your character to activate it, because they're completely unaware of the danger they're in by virtue of having failed both the awareness roll and gotten a lower roll on the join battle. Thus, in a situation where your character does not have their weapon drawn already, if they are ambushed, they cannot use HGD.

Can we get some clarity on how this resolves? I personally don't really have a stake in this, but I know this is important to a number of players.

Edit:

In the course of the discussion, people have asked if I2 is correct, how could it be that HGD protects against ambushes, since they would never have their weapon drawn unless they were metagaming? Someone in support of I2 as said it would be applicable in the following scenario:

A1 and A2 are are planning on attacking D1. A2 is in stealth. Everyone rolls Join Battle, and the initiative order is: A1, A2, D1. Since A1 is not in stealth and attacks D1, D1 is counted as having drawn their weapon. Now, when A2 ambushes them, they'll be able to use HGD.

The dispute, in its multi-layered glory, is now also whether or not A2's attack from stealth in round 1 is an ambush, despite D1 already being in combat. Some believe that since D1 is aware of any danger, it is not an ambush, but a surprise attack, while others believe that since it follows the rules set out for an ambush (round 1, D1 unaware of A2's presence, A2 rolling a higher join battle than D1), that it does constitute an ambush.

Can we get additional clarification on this?
            Last edited by PraxisCat; 05-05-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Robert Vance, I recently came across the Ultimately Useful Tube from second editions Oadenol's Codex. If you don't recall, it's a weapon that could be changed on the fly to become a staff, a stick, or a blowgun, and also having various other forms such as a flute, a poison neutralizing drinking straw, or an air purifying breathing tube.

Is it possible for a weapon that can change between predetermined tags and weight categories on the fly? Perhaps like any of the trick weapons out of Bloodborne or the Fusion Swords that Cloud wields in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nilihum View Post
                Is it possible for a weapon that can change between predetermined tags and weight categories on the fly? Perhaps like any of the trick weapons out of Bloodborne or the Fusion Swords that Cloud wields in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
                Absolutely!

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demac View Post
                  So shaping rituals are 5-dot merits for mortals who want to become sorcerers. So two questions from this:

1) Once the mortal is a sorcerer, would a new ritual still be a 5-dot merit (if we're talking about PC's of course)
                  2) If an Exalted sorcerer wanted to pick up a new shaping ritual, would that still be 5-dots or can they get it through role play?

I think my last question got missed. (Sorry, I know I've been asking alot and not all of them necessarily make sense. Thank you guys for taking the time answer all the questions).

I have created a character creation tool. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.

I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                    Absolutely!
                    Any chance one of those sorts of shifting weapons might be in Arms?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                      Any chance one of those sorts of shifting weapons might be in Arms?
                      The Ultimately Useful Tube itself is in there. A couple of other artifacts in the book have some sort of limited shifting ability as well.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Are there any martial arts styles that you know you won't adapt to Ex3, and if so why?

A Clutch of Dragons: Hub Thread, Presence, Resistance, Ride, Sail, Socialize Stealth, Survival, Thrown, War, First Draft pdf<NEW

Comment

• What dice pool should be rolled to resist the environmental twishing of the Wyld? The stuff that mutates you.
                          Last edited by Leetsepeak; 05-06-2017, 08:04 AM.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                            The Ultimately Useful Tube itself is in there.
                            Will it be a primarily moonsilver Artifact regardless of appearance, or still (apparently) made primarily of bamboo?

A couple of other artifacts in the book have some sort of limited shifting ability as well.
                            Are some of them not moonsilver?

I don't figure you always need moonsilver if you're using another malleable material (like enchanted bamboo) or the artifact's aesthetic includes a lot of cleverly arranged parts that twist, slide, and lock into different shapes.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• That last one sounds a bit too Autochthonian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                                That last one sounds a bit too Autochthonian.
                                I disagree. Too Autochthonian to my estimation involves retro-futurist aesthetics, all pistons and vacuum tubes managing what they couldn't, or at least couldn't easily, achieve in real life, with some limited complex circuitry.

Comment

Working...
                                X