• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robert Vance
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
    Do you read homebrews?
    Not unless it's been submitted (i.e. through the link in my sig). Covers us from potential liability.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• norraba
      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Not unless it's been submitted (i.e. through the link in my sig). Covers us from potential liability.
      i expected that, and it's completely understandable, but it's also a little dissapointing since i would love for the devs who help so much with developing homebrew by being as available to the community as you are for the sake of answering our questions to be able to read the things the community writes.

but again understandable you got to cover yourself in case someone wants to say that you stole their idea.

Elemental and dragon line descriptors and capturing device coming soon
      Craft Rewrite W/ Points, Slots, and Charms
      Executive Leadership Organization Merrit

Comment

• Sunder the Gold
        • Nov 2013

Can it be submitted even after being publically posted?

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

• Robert Vance
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
          Can it be submitted even after being publically posted?
          Yeah. 10char

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• WalkingEye
            • Nov 2013

So will Arms of the Chosen have a period of pre-release where pre-purchasers will be able to check if for errors and other inconsistencies or will it be a release that will go straight to Market?

Also on the subject of granting mortals a mote pool or superpowers. Is a artifact that contains a spirit bound to it and have the spirit give the person charms and powers as if they where being possessed by a spirit using the Charm Ride from the first edition Rathess book to make a sort of Power Rangers type essence user who have a semi temporary mastery of essence only when they are transformed in spirit with what you see as possible in 3rd ed? Or would you see that as to out there for the setting? If it would be seen as possible would it be a N/A artifact or 5 dot?

Comment

• Sandact6
              • Nov 2013

In regards to the Sailing rules they feel heavily tailored for 1v1 fights, but what happens if it's something like 3v1?

A) Does the single ship make a single roll compared to all other ships?
              B) Does the single ship roll multiple times, one for each ship in the area?
              C) Does the single ship only get to focus on one ship at a time and the others make uncontested rolls?

I really doubt the answer is C, but I want to check my bases here.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
              Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

• Robert Vance
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                So will Arms of the Chosen have a period of pre-release where pre-purchasers will be able to check if for errors and other inconsistencies or will it be a release that will go straight to Market?
                I'm not really connected to the logistics side of publishing, so I'm not sure. I don't think it will go out to backers, on account of there not being a Kickstarter for it.

Also on the subject of granting mortals a mote pool or superpowers. Is a artifact that contains a spirit bound to it and have the spirit give the person charms and powers as if they where being possessed by a spirit using the Charm Ride from the first edition Rathess book to make a sort of Power Rangers type essence user who have a semi temporary mastery of essence only when they are transformed in spirit with what you see as possible in 3rd ed? Or would you see that as to out there for the setting? If it would be seen as possible would it be a N/A artifact or 5 dot?
                Mortals can already use yasal crystals to get at something like that.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Leetsepeak
                  • Nov 2013

Do Dragon-Blooded have a unique Excellency for each Aspect in each Ability?

Or is it a single Excellency with different effects for each Aspect?

Or is it that each Ability has an Excellency based on which Aspect it belongs to? i.e. Melee's Excellency is Fire Aspect and Brawl's Excellency is Water Aspect or that sort of thing.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

• Robert Vance
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Sandact6 View Post
                    In regards to the Sailing rules they feel heavily tailored for 1v1 fights, but what happens if it's something like 3v1?

A) Does the single ship make a single roll compared to all other ships?
                    B) Does the single ship roll multiple times, one for each ship in the area?
                    C) Does the single ship only get to focus on one ship at a time and the others make uncontested rolls?

I really doubt the answer is C, but I want to check my bases here.
                    The lone ship makes a single roll, with a -2 penalty for each opposing ship beyond the first.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Robert Vance
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                      Do Dragon-Blooded have a unique Excellency for each Aspect in each Ability?

Or is it a single Excellency with different effects for each Aspect?

Or is it that each Ability has an Excellency based on which Aspect it belongs to? i.e. Melee's Excellency is Fire Aspect and Brawl's Excellency is Water Aspect or that sort of thing.
                      They have the same elemental aspect as the Ability itself, but also the Balanced keyword, which makes them compatible with the Elemental Aura Charms of other aspects.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• TheCountAlucard
                        • Nov 2013

What more can you tell us about Jeska Drū or her mysterious mentor?

He/him

Comment

• Robert Vance
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          What more can you tell us about Jeska Drū or her mysterious mentor?
                          That she'll get a real name that isn't a comicbook reference.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• TheCountAlucard
                            • Nov 2013

That she'll get a real name that isn't a comicbook reference.
                            (I realize it's just a callback to the Marvel Comics character, but it's still better than just calling her "Spider Lunar." )

Can we assume the same of Chompy?

He/him

Comment

• ale137
                              • Sep 2016

1- What happens if you miss second strike of Double Attack Technique, do you loose the extra successes?

2- If you use Triple Attack Technique, do you only get the bonus of Triple Attack Technique (Dexterity + Charge) or Triple Attack Technique + Double Attack Technique (2Dexterity + 1.5 charge)?

3- Does charge reset if it isn't explicitly said in the charm?

4- Can you use Steel Devil Strike while in crash?

5- What is the onslaught penalty if I do triple attack and steel devil attack? -4?

6- Does Iron Lotus Unfurling and Sonic Slash, count as your attack for the turn? Or I can use Triple Attack Technique + Steel Devil Strike then rush an escaping character with Seconds Between Strife + Sonic Slash and then defend myself with Twin-Blade Defense + Iron Lotus Unfurling?

7- If I make an ambush, do I automatically succeed with double or triple attack?

8-Can you use Double Attack Technique, Triple Attack Technique in a clash?

Comment

• Robert Vance
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ale137 View Post
                                1- What happens if you miss second strike of Double Attack Technique, do you loose the extra successes?
                                No, they add to damage normally.

2- If you use Triple Attack Technique, do you only get the bonus of Triple Attack Technique (Dexterity + Charge) or Triple Attack Technique + Double Attack Technique (2Dexterity + 1.5 charge)?
                                (Dexterity + Charge)

3- Does charge reset if it isn't explicitly said in the charm?
                                No.

4- Can you use Steel Devil Strike while in crash?
                                No - you can't make decisive attacks while crashed, even ones that don't use your own Initiative.

5- What is the onslaught penalty if I do triple attack and steel devil attack? -4?
                                Yep. Triple Attack inflicts -3, and Steel Devil Attack inflicts another -1.

6- Does Iron Lotus Unfurling and Sonic Slash, count as your attack for the turn?
                                No.

7- If I make an ambush, do I automatically succeed with double or triple attack?
                                As long as you roll any successes.

8-Can you use Double Attack Technique, Triple Attack Technique in a clash?
                                Yep.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...