X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elfive
    • Jun 2014

I'mma take a guess and say that nicking a terrestrial's form doesn't let a lunar sire dragon blooded.

Comment

• Robert Vance
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
      So could a Lunar steal a Terrestrial's Heart's Blood by having sex with him, then assume his form and use his body to have sex with another person, potentially having him expend his generative conception by proxy.
      A Lunar who takes a Dragon-Blood's shape doesn't gain the ability to pass on the blood of the Dragons any more than they gain Dragon-Blooded Charms.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• ParanoiaCombo
        • Nov 2013

Could you let us know exactly which loopholes we can use to undermine the intent of the new conception rules? ^_^

A more serious question; Can you enlighten us on any rituals or social customs young Realm DB's use to try and coax out an exaltation? I've often understood that young dynasts go through something not unlike how young boys (and girls maybe, can't speak to their experiences) experience puberty where they try all kinds of bizarre customs and ideas to try and make it happen faster/at all. There is also the subtext of it being "the most important thing in your young life", and how that would work in a society of huge expectations on them.

Incentive is not permission or justification.

Comment

• SmilesWithFangs
          • Oct 2015

Thanks guys for these answers, they really help.
          I know this probably varies depending on location, but I'm wondering what the prevailing court system is in creation.
          Would it be;
          The King's Court - most court decisions are made at the highest level of government available and delineated through lords and counts. (like early earth history and certain feudalisms)
          Magistrate - Laws are handed out by the government, but actual court decisions are left to an appointed magistrate. (Later feudalisms, most of Earth by about the 1300s AD)
          Trial by Jury - A group of individuals (related to the event or not) are informed of the the crime supposedly committed and laws by a magistrate, lawyer, or judge. Then they make the decision of the guilt or non-guilt of the accused individual(s). (Post King Henry II of England, approx. 12th century)

The first age kinda muddies this up in that it was somewhat of an advanced society. Though the same could be said of the Roman Empire, which used magistrates. It would also be helpful to note what the major nations of Creation use. They would likely be similar as major nations often compete on how "just" their systems are.
          Thanks again.

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

• Robert Vance
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by ParanoiaCombo View Post
            Could you let us know exactly which loopholes we can use to undermine the intent of the new conception rules? ^_^
            For a small bribe of one billion dollars, I will personally write you permission to undermine them. ^_^

A more serious question; Can you enlighten us on any rituals or social customs young Realm DB's use to try and coax out an exaltation? I've often understood that young dynasts go through something not unlike how young boys (and girls maybe, can't speak to their experiences) experience puberty where they try all kinds of bizarre customs and ideas to try and make it happen faster/at all. There is also the subtext of it being "the most important thing in your young life", and how that would work in a society of huge expectations on them.
            Primary schools in the Realm have their own secret rituals passed down from student to desperate student for propitiating the Dragons. These are, of course, ineffective, and often extremely dangerous, but facing risk to life or limb will spur someone to Exalt juuust often enough to keep the myths alive.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Robert Vance
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by SmilesWithFangs View Post
              Thanks guys for these answers, they really help.
              I know this probably varies depending on location, but I'm wondering what the prevailing court system is in creation.
              Would it be;
              The King's Court - most court decisions are made at the highest level of government available and delineated through lords and counts. (like early earth history and certain feudalisms)
              Magistrate - Laws are handed out by the government, but actual court decisions are left to an appointed magistrate. (Later feudalisms, most of Earth by about the 1300s AD)
              Trial by Jury - A group of individuals (related to the event or not) are informed of the the crime supposedly committed and laws by a magistrate, lawyer, or judge. Then they make the decision of the guilt or non-guilt of the accused individual(s). (Post King Henry II of England, approx. 12th century)

The first age kinda muddies this up in that it was somewhat of an advanced society. Though the same could be said of the Roman Empire, which used magistrates. It would also be helpful to note what the major nations of Creation use. They would likely be similar as major nations often compete on how "just" their systems are.
              Thanks again.
              The prevailing legal system in Creation is the Realm's, which is detailed in...uh...the Realm. The Magistracy and the Imperial courts are two separate entities that work differently, although I think they'd both come closest to what you're calling the "magistrate" system.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• kilbert
                • Jan 2016

In regards to most expenditures of xp, such as Workings, Evocations, and the like, if your advantages are rendered moot, you generally receive your xp back. However, with Wyld-Shaping Technique, failing a single roll removes all of the progress you've made, and all of the invested xp is lost. Is this as intended?

Comment

• serGregness
                  • May 2016

Are either of you guys playing in, or running any campaigns currently? Does any of your campaign homebrew end up in books later on?

Comment

• Robert Vance
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by kilbert View Post
                    In regards to most expenditures of xp, such as Workings, Evocations, and the like, if your advantages are rendered moot, you generally receive your xp back. However, with Wyld-Shaping Technique, failing a single roll removes all of the progress you've made, and all of the invested xp is lost. Is this as intended?
                    I can't speak to the intention, as I didn't write any of the Solar Charms. The text is pretty clear that failing a single roll ends the entire extended action and consumes all the XP you spent thus far. Personally, I think that's a bit steep.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Robert Vance
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by serGregness View Post
                      Are either of you guys playing in, or running any campaigns currently?
                      Unfortunately, I've had to put the game I run on hold between new employment and deving Exalted.

Does any of your campaign homebrew end up in books later on?
                      One of the artifacts in Arms of the Chosen began as something I wrote for a player in my game.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• TheCountAlucard
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        Unfortunately, I've had to put the game I run on hold between new employment and deving Exalted.
                        I'll say it again; in the unlikely event that y'all should have some free time, you and/or Eric are welcome at my (probably virtual!) table. :-)

Do you miss God-Kings of Lotus?
                        Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 10-06-2017, 01:24 PM.

He/him

Comment

• Robert Vance
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          Do you miss God-Kings of Lotus?
                          It was very fun! You can find the names of some of the characters/players namedropped throughout the core.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Eric Minton
                            • Nov 2013

Are either of you guys playing in, or running any campaigns currently?
                            I'm just starting a new campaign that will take us to the mysterious Northwest. I'm playing Ghost Rose, a 60-something Immaculate scholar turned Lore Supernal Twilight, currently on the run from the Wyld Hunt. I'm in Whitewall and about to meet one of the other PCs.

Does any of your campaign homebrew end up in books later on?
                            Occasionally! I try to be sparing about this, because it's tempting to put elements of one's home game into canon even when it doesn't belong, and that temptation needs to be overcome. But use in one's home game isn't grounds for rejecting an idea, either, especially because we often put at least as much thought and preparation into home game material as we do for material written directly for the books.

Zhaojun, the satrapy containing Goldenseal, was the setting for my playtest campaign; it's appearing in The Realm, and I think it came out very well.

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

• Leetsepeak
                              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                              I'm just starting a new campaign that will take us to the mysterious Northwest. I'm playing Ghost Rose, a 60-something Immaculate scholar turned Lore Supernal Twilight, currently on the run from the Wyld Hunt. I'm in Whitewall and about to meet one of the other PCs.
                              Whitewall eh? My game is going there too next session!

Speaking of the Northwest, will any of the stuff for the Kunlun Tundra area in the western peninsular North be making a return, or do you guys have more divergent plans for that? Obviously Grieve and Fortitude are two new locations in the area, and it's not necessarily a tundra anymore given the way the North has been tweaked in 3e, but I am curious if you guys have any thoughts on that.

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

• serGregness
                                • May 2016

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                                Zhaojun, the satrapy containing Goldenseal, was the setting for my playtest campaign; it's appearing in The Realm, and I think it came out very well.
                                Awesome! The one second edition game I ever played in started up after the third edition map was released, and we were playing in that exact area. I'm excited to see what the canon version of that region looks like!

Comment

Working...