X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sith_Happens
    • Apr 2017

With a Lunar coming in Adversaries tomorrow, would you like to get your "Subject to change" disclaimer out of the way now? :P

Comment

• Robert Vance
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
      With a Lunar coming in Adversaries tomorrow, would you like to get your "Subject to change" disclaimer out of the way now? :P
      Eska is representative of Lunar Charms and mechanics as they currently are, subject to change in the future. Onyx Path is not liable for any hype-induced injuries. Void where prohibited.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• glamourweaver
        • Nov 2013

Will we learn where her seventh blade is?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Florin
          • Oct 2015

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
          Will we learn where her seventh blade is?
          Hah! I asked about that on Facebook!

Comment

• Robert Vance
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Lerinome View Post
            1) If I'm wearing artifact gaunlets, I understand that I can't use the effect of Fist of Iron Technique. Is that correct?
            Correct. Well, not on attacks with the gauntlets. If you kick or headbutt a dude, you can still use it.

2) Can a clash attack be of different kinds of attacks? Withering vs Decisive; Withering vs Gambit.
            Yes.

3) May I use Thunderclap Rush Attack to clash an opponent?
            No.

4) Does the enhanced effect of Thunderclap Rush Attack allow you to crash a Warstrider?
            Yes. Legendary Size's immunity to crashing only applies against withering attacks, not other effects that cause Initiative loss.

5) I understand that Rampage-Berserker Attack multiple attacks stack all their onslaught (Let's say, I hit my enemy with 5 threshold successes, he gets -5 penalty on his defense). Does this effect applies to a Warstrider?
            No.

6) If the Warstrider fuselage is open, and I attack the pilot directly, does he get the onslaught?
            Yeah. While the fuselage is breached, the pilot doesn't get any defensive benefits of Legendary Size against attacks against them.

7) If I use Fivefold Fury Onslaught (enhancing Hammer on Iron Technique), and I stun the first attack, do I get the benefit of that stun to every attack? Or just the first one? (I'm not talking about the Willpower gain, that would be too OP... But do I get the extra dices and successes in each attack?)
            You'd need to stunt each attack separately. Beware going on too long describing each individual attack, as the ST might get bored and stopped awarding stunts.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Robert Vance
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Abakus View Post
              If a player wants to start with a pack of wolves or claw striders or a horde of sorcerous abominations, my instinct is to take the Command trait and use a battle group of the appropriate stat block rather than one of the Infantry QCs (maybe with a familiar if they want a pack leader as ‘second in command’). Is this how you would handle that? Thank you for your input!
              Command as written applies only to human troops. The Storyteller can allow it to grant non-familiar animals instead if they feel like it, but I'd advise paying attention to how much better those animals' traits are compared to soldiers, and upping the cost commensurately. Definitely no Size 5 battle groups of tyrant lizards.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Robert Vance
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by HighPriest View Post
                What is the mechanical effect of Prophet of Seventeen Cycles (Lore Charm, page 339)? It says that it gives people who follow the Solar's prediction get bonuses and characters who don't get penalties, but there are no numbers or rolls given for how large the bonuses/penalties are, or how many times they apply per use of the Charm.
                The Storyteller assess the value of the bonuses or penalty based on the nature of the prediction and the nature of the action.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Kelly Pedersen
                  • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post

I think the answer to this is ultimately "Storyteller's call".
                  Hmm. I think I screwed up here, and responded to a question I thought was in the other "Ask a Question, get an Answer" thread. My bad, and apologies for a non-dev answering in the Ask the Devs thread!

Interested in chatting with other Exalted fans online? Join us on the Exalted Discord server!

Comment

• Sunder the Gold
                    • Nov 2013

Robert, will you forgive me if I use the Devil Stars mentioned in Arms of the Chosen as part of the backstory of a great hammer martial art and an artifact hammer? Both of which I'd like to submit to Onyx Path like earlier ideas?

I didn't mean to do the boring thing of "filling in all of the details". It's just that I thought that meteorites made the most sense as the "image" for this Style, and when I thought about how meteorites would make sense in Exalted, I thought of the mysterious Devil Stars.

I then decided that a slain Devil Star would make an interesting "thunderbolt iron" hammer, and remembered that there's this one Chosen of Serenity who uses a massive chui.

formerly Tornado Wolf, formerly Inugami

Comment

• Robert Vance
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                      Robert, will you forgive me if I use the Devil Stars mentioned in Arms of the Chosen as part of the backstory of a great hammer martial art and an artifact hammer? Both of which I'd like to submit to Onyx Path like earlier ideas?

I didn't mean to do the boring thing of "filling in all of the details". It's just that I thought that meteorites made the most sense as the "image" for this Style, and when I thought about how meteorites would make sense in Exalted, I thought of the mysterious Devil Stars.

I then decided that a slain Devil Star would make an interesting "thunderbolt iron" hammer, and remembered that there's this one Chosen of Serenity who uses a massive chui.
                      It wouldn't be held against you.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Sunder the Gold
                        • Nov 2013

While we're on the subject, can Evocations upgrade Martial Arts Charms, or is that a thing I made up on my own?

Comment

• Robert Vance
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                          While we're on the subject, can Evocations upgrade Martial Arts Charms, or is that a thing I made up on my own?
                          Hypothetically, yeah. Spells too.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Meghan Fitzgerald
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                            Eska is representative of Lunar Charms and mechanics as they currently are, subject to change in the future. Onyx Path is not liable for any hype-induced injuries. Void where prohibited.
                            XD

To clarify further... Adversaries contains NPCs. So their mechanics should not be taken as any kind of definitive statement on what Lunar PC mechanics will look like--same goes for any other type of character that shows up in the book. They're built to work as Storyteller characters, and in particular as...well...adversaries. (Which is not to say that you couldn't befriend one. Just that they're all designed to have the means and motives to be opposing you, one way or another.)

With Adversaries, we want you to be able to have more Lunars or Abyssals or whatever as antagonists in your games even though their books aren't out yet. (Whoops, was that an Adversaries spoiler...?) So they're forward-thinking, written to the right themes and what we know so far about what the mechanics will look like, but ultimately not PCs and not presented as such.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
                            Changeling: The Lost developer
                            Mage: The Awakening developer

Comment

• Sunder the Gold
                              • Nov 2013

Solars don't need worn-weapons with the Smashing tag or Smashing attacks to use Heaven Thunder Hammer.

But could they upgrade HTH to grant additional benefits if they have such weapons and supplement a Decisive Smashing attack with HTH?

Comment

• Sagara
                                • Aug 2014

I'm considering using a Craft-heavy Twilight NPC fighting in a warstrider. I'm torn on having the sheer size of the strider having an influence on Craft projects magnitude.

Here's a few practical questions:

1° What counts as Basic/Major/Superior, in terms of time interval, but also considering Craftsman Needs No Tools and (to a lesser extent, considering how warstriders are MADE for tearing things up) Shattering Grasp? I feel like crafting very small objects could possibly bump from Basic to Major, considering it's equivalent to working with very small parts. On the other hand, I feel like rough, large-scale work like digging a ditch could bump down.
                                2° Reaching further, should Object-Strenghtening Touch's size limit be altered in a similar way?

It's a stretch ant certainly not RAW, but there's also cinematic value to be found in a gigantic machine of war manipulating the landscape in a kaiju fight.

Comment

Working...