X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric Minton
    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Solarious View Post
    Was Mistweaver inspired by Zabuza from Naruto? I'm frankly embarrassed it took me this long to figure out.
    It isn't a deliberate homage or pastiche. I'm familiar with Naruto, though, so I can't say whether there might not have been some subconscious inspiration.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

• Anasurimbor
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      Well, ain't past Vance just a big ol' fuckin' moron?

Harmonious Presence Meditation only discounts Charms that enhance or create influence rolls, not Resolve, Guile, or read intentions. If someone's gotta link to my old post, I can edit to fix it.
      Dear Exalted fans, as you may be aware from the latest Onyx Path Monday Meeting notes (http://theonyxpath.com/princes-gambit-joy-exalted-plans-monday-meeting-notes/), Robert Vance and I have been honored with the opportunity to take on line editor duties for Exalted Third Edition. As part of that, we want to make ourselves available to the community as a resource to keep you informed as best we can about the line. Obviously there will be some questions we can't answer! But when we're not working on upcoming books, we'll drop in to touch base. We'll be using this thread as our port of call so that we

Double link for double post:http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...77#post1083677

Possibly relevant: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...47#post1083547

Comment

• Isator Levi
        • Nov 2013

Assuming that the Sidereal Exalted are still Chosen from birth, could that extend to people who are born in unconventional ways?

​Say a person who is Wyld-Shaped, or grown in a sorcerer's lab, or possibly conjured into existence by some especially powerful spirit, particularly somebody who began their existence as an adult, but in all other ways is indistinguishable from a normal human. Would whatever numinous foresight the Maidens use to select their Chosen be capable of encompassing such people that they can get the dormant Exaltation in the same way a naturally conceived baby would, or would the narrative underlying the Sidereals be standard enough that it can't really include such people?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• WalkingEye
          • Nov 2013

Some questions about Blinding Battle Feint.
          Does Fivefold Shadow Burial affect the roll of my foes if lowing their initiative If I am sneaking into combat and my allies are busting into the room through the front door at the same time?
          Should the story teller apply penalties to my opponents normal join battle rolls in the same way he would apply penalties to someone trying to see me if I have I have activated Sound and Scent Banishing Attitude banishing Sound and Scent, and has blurred form style active as well?
          Should in these cases should the storyteller have the enemies of the person using Blinding Battle feint roll a separate Perception Awareness roll to spot the solar regardless to what Blinding Battle Feint says just so they enemy is not penalized on their normal join battle rolls vs everyone else or should these charms negatively effect everyone else trying to join battle against the solar?

Comment

• Elfive
            • Jun 2014

We're probably gonna tweak that in error correction.
            If giving ranged weapons smashing attacks is an issue, you might want to look at the Gem of the Wind-Blade as well, which can do the opposite.

Comment

• Jen
              • Nov 2013

Is it possible for Unison to develop Evocations with the theme of being an organic armor i.e Letting the user grows fangs/claws, forming tendrils or absorbing the enemies,..etc

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• CycloneJoker
                • Nov 2013

Hearthstones do you no good if the artifact they're socketed in is Elsewhere.
                This is another change from previous editions that I'll need to note down. Definitely hoping you guys get the go-ahead for that core errata to add some of these things in there.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

• Robert Vance
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                  Assuming that the Sidereal Exalted are still Chosen from birth, could that extend to people who are born in unconventional ways?
                  Generally speaking, an unconventional birth wouldn't by itself disqualify someone from being a candidate for Sidereal Exaltation.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Robert Vance
                    • Nov 2013

Originally posted by WalkingEye View Post
                    Some questions about Blinding Battle Feint.
                    Does Fivefold Shadow Burial affect the roll of my foes if lowing their initiative If I am sneaking into combat and my allies are busting into the room through the front door at the same time?
                    Should the story teller apply penalties to my opponents normal join battle rolls in the same way he would apply penalties to someone trying to see me if I have I have activated Sound and Scent Banishing Attitude banishing Sound and Scent, and has blurred form style active as well?
                    Should in these cases should the storyteller have the enemies of the person using Blinding Battle feint roll a separate Perception Awareness roll to spot the solar regardless to what Blinding Battle Feint says just so they enemy is not penalized on their normal join battle rolls vs everyone else or should these charms negatively effect everyone else trying to join battle against the solar?
                    I think calling for a separate roll makes the most sense in that case.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• Robert Vance
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                      Is it possible for Unison to develop Evocations with the theme of being an organic armor i.e Letting the user grows fangs/claws, forming tendrils or absorbing the enemies,..etc
                      Those sound like they're potentially within its themes.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• armyofwhispers
                        • Oct 2015

If you do ever get around to revising the core charms, could I add Wyld Shaping technique to the list of charms needed clarification/revision?

I was in a thread once where we got three vastly different numbers for how much specific land you could create by activating WST 10 times and focusing solely on the land. The numbers were 12,465, 61,590, and 460,875 sq miles based on various interpretations of the wording of the charm. And I honestly have no idea which is the most accurate to the writers intent.

Hell, if you've got time, could you maybe take a look and throw out your interpretation of the specific land creation clause in that charm? I'm sure an example would do wonders to clarify things for me.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Robert Vance
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                          If you do ever get around to revising the core charms, could I add Wyld Shaping technique to the list of charms needed clarification/revision?

I was in a thread once where we got three vastly different numbers for how much specific land you could create by activating WST 10 times and focusing solely on the land. The numbers were 12,465, 61,590, and 460,875 sq miles based on various interpretations of the wording of the charm. And I honestly have no idea which is the most accurate to the writers intent.

Hell, if you've got time, could you maybe take a look and throw out your interpretation of the specific land creation clause in that charm? I'm sure an example would do wonders to clarify things for me.
                          EDIT: I think my initial reading went astray. What I think is most sensible is:

Phases 1-3: Shaping non-specific land, which gets consumed.

Phase 4: Shape (Essence x 5) square miles of specific land.

Phase 5: Expands to (Essence x 25) square miles

Phase 6: Expands to (Essence x 125) square miles

Phase 7+: Each phase adds (Essence x 1000) square miles.
                          Last edited by Robert Vance; 12-05-2017, 11:57 AM.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

• armyofwhispers
                            • Oct 2015

You spend three phases creating non-specific land, then reset back to phase one, creating (Essence x 5) square miles of specific land.

In phase two through six, each use multiplies the land's area by 5, maxing out at (Essence x 15,625) square miles.

From phase 7 on, each phase adds (Essence x 1000) square miles.
                            Thanks!

To further clarify this, you'd end up with 16,625*Essence sq miles of specific land after 10 activations of WST (phase 7 of specific land).

Compared to 10 activations of non-specific land that ends up with 10,290*Essence sq miles of land. A difference of 61% of specific land creation at this level.

Is this working as intended?

Edit: And does the encounter roll reset when you go back to phase 1 or would your encounter roll be at -3 for the first phase of specific land?
                            Last edited by armyofwhispers; 12-05-2017, 11:24 AM.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Blaque
                              • Nov 2013

The "he" refers to that artifact's owner, which doesn't have to be (but can be) the Charm user.
                              Cool beans. Just wasn't sure on intent there and so it did throw me off a bit in context of the rest of the book keeping to the writing style thing. Just making sure!

And stuff.
                              My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Robert Vance
                                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                                To further clarify this, you'd end up with 16,625*Essence sq miles of specific land after 10 activations of WST (phase 7 of specific land).

Compared to 10 activations of non-specific land that ends up with 10,290*Essence sq miles of land. A difference of 61% of specific land creation at this level.

Is this working as intended?
                                I don't know the intent, but it does seem weird that that the specific land ends up giving you more area for your buck.

Possibly the correct way to resolve this is to ignore the reference to the phase in which you shape the initial specific land being the "first" phase, and count everything out from the very start. That gives us:

Phases 1-3: Shaping non-specific land, which gets consumed.

Phase 4: Shape (Essence x 5) miles of specific land.

Phases 5-6: Multiply landmass by 5 at each phase, maximum (Essence x 125)

Phase 7+: Each phase adds (Essence x 1000) square miles.

While square footage is hardly super important, I think this makes more sense. Thanks for talking me through it!

Edit: And does the encounter roll reset when you go back to phase 1 or would your encounter roll be at -3 for the first phase of specific land?
                                Based on the reasoning I'm using, it wouldn't reset.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Working...