Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Holden and Hatewheel still involved?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Holden and Hatewheel still involved?

Congratulations Eric and Bob! I hope I am not making a faux pas but am I allowed to ask on the status of Holden and John? They've stepped down but please tell me they are still writing for Exalted?! I am such GD big fans of there's and all the Inkmonkeys.

If I am forbidden from asking these questions I also understand. Just thought I would ask now since I just stumbled upon the changes.

It is a time for great deeds!

I imagine they're still involved, but not as heavily. You know let them spread out or refocus on other stuff.

Comment

I also hope they're still involved, as well as the other writers that have shown up (I'm really curious to see Lucy Darling's contribution, for example).

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

I would be shocked if they weren't. Those guys bleed exalted and this edition is truly their baby. I just hope this is allowing them to step back and kind of recalibrate themselves and the process. The core book alone was such a huge undertaking I can imagine they are welcoming the help, and hopefully some lighter work loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Weimann View Post
          I also hope they're still involved, as well as the other writers that have shown up (I'm really curious to see Lucy Darling's contribution, for example).
          Sorry, I have pulled out of the project. Between one thing and another it wasn't personally sustainable as part of my freelance work.

Minton and Vance are top writers and are gonna do great work though!

". ... for me, the transformative power of art is you are not above the material." -= Guillermo del Toro

Comment

I know despair! D:

You take care, though. I hope you might be back for later projects.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

People are asking this question everywhere they can. No one is responding. To me that means either (a) the answer has been decided but can't be shared or isn't confirmed, or (b) people don't know yet.

(b) is more likely in my mind. For them to get past (b), you'd need:
              - Holden and John to know how much they can and are willing to contribute as non-devs AND figure out what that looks like
              - Minton and Vance to be happy with whatever the above looks like
              - Richard/OPP to be happy with the above model
              - Any legal shenanigans related to the new working model sorted

That's a lot to get through, my guess is we won't know much for quite some time. Either way, I'm sure that information will come out when it's all sorted. Early days yet.

Comment

Originally posted by tyranny12 View Post
                People are asking this question everywhere they can. No one is responding. To me that means either (a) the answer has been decided but can't be shared or isn't confirmed, or (b) people don't know yet.

- Holden and John to know how much they can and are willing to contribute as non-devs AND figure out what that looks like

That's a lot to get through, my guess is we won't know much for quite some time. Either way, I'm sure that information will come out when it's all sorted. Early days yet.
                The news hasn't been out long yet. That and how delicate the situation might possibly be sound like good reasons to me to not speculate, but rather just wait.

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

From a PR/politics standpoint, it also makes sense for OPP to focus on the new people running the team. Get people excited and engaged with Exalted again, and start showing off previews and such. I wouldn't cloud that with discussion about the departing team.

It's also worth mentioning this entire business is happening because John and Holden were unable to keep up with Exalted. Stands to reason they aren't in a position to effectively answer questions like your part b.

Comment

Originally posted by BjornTheFellhanded View Post

The news hasn't been out long yet. That and how delicate the situation might possibly be sound like good reasons to me to not speculate, but rather just wait.
                    Originally posted by Totentanz View Post
                    It's also worth mentioning this entire business is happening because John and Holden were unable to keep up with Exalted. Stands to reason they aren't in a position to effectively answer questions like your part b.

In case there is any doubt on reading my post, I completely concur, my aim was to say 'this is expected, patience is a virtue, there could be tons of good reasons why we don't know, etc' as opposed to pushing for speculation.

Comment

In case there is any doubt on reading my post, I completely concur, my aim was to say 'this is expected, patience is a virtue, there could be tons of good reasons why we don't know, etc' as opposed to pushing for speculation.
                      We are in accord. I was adding on to your post, not than taking issue with it.

Comment

I'm assuming Eric and Vance don't want to start over from scratch just to delay the game a few more years, so they should still be using John and Holden's developers' bible or whatever its called. Freelance work being what it is, it wouldn't be difficult for them to get another writing gig later if the situation permits.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
                        [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
                        [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

The answer is out there if you know where to look, but don't expect it to be on this forum. It's the official company forum and nobody can blame RichT for not wanting dirty laundry to be aired here.

Anyways, how do I know? I did a crazy thing and just ASKED the people who would know. Crazy how that works out.

Incentive is not permission or justification.

Comment

Obviously, this whole message hasn’t delved into the nitty-gritty of what brought us here, and we really don’t intend to. Instead, we are celebrating a new team of creators, as well as the monumental work that John Morke and Holden Shearer were able to accomplish through some incredibly grueling times for them personally. What glories the future holds!
                            So it looks like everyone with knowledge of what is going on is trying to be professional about whatever situation is going on. Regardless of what we think of the current announcement, I think that the respectful thing to do would be not to badger the devs to respond to questions things that it would be unprofessional to respond to.

When one is accustomed to privilege, equality seems like oppression.

Comment

I wonder if Geoffrey C. Grabowski is still involved with Ex3.

Join the Strife

Comment

Working...
                              X