Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Holden and Hatewheel still involved?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On fb- Holden noted he was going to do do his own thing on Patreon for a while.

As for Jon I've no idea.

I'm gonna miss them either way
    Last edited by Santino; 03-30-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

John's already got a Patreon.

Comment

Originally posted by Santino View Post
        On fb- Holden noted he was going to do do his own thing on Patreon for a while.

As for Jon I've no idea.

I'm gonna miss them either way
        As in, he's leaving OPP all together?

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

Onyx Path developers are freelancers so just because they are doing their own stuff right now does not prevent them working with the new team its just that it will be as writers rather than developers.
          Last edited by Bastet; 03-31-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Rose Bailey has her own patreon as well. Either that or a doppelganger.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
            [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
            [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

I imagine they may want to take a break from Exalted stuff for awhile. These last few years have been stressful for them.

Come and rock me Amadeus.

Comment

Neither John nor Holden will be writing for Exalted in the foreseeable future.

". ... for me, the transformative power of art is you are not above the material." -= Guillermo del Toro

Comment

On twitter Holden said "Our services were no longer required".
                  Sounds rough.

I'm trying real hard not to speculate or jump to conclusions.
                  ( It's none of my business anyway, but still )
                  Last edited by Fata-Ku; 04-02-2017, 09:04 AM.

Jade-Screened Exalted Finding the Path
                  Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Darling View Post
                    Neither John nor Holden will be writing for Exalted in the foreseeable future.

That doesn't really come as a big surprise, the way the news was phrased made it sound very much like this wasn't a completely friendly parting of the ways. Now obviously, RPG isn't big business, but even then, you'd have expected something like "Even if they are stepping down from the position of developer we hope to keep their creative input around which has been at the core of everything Exalted for years and keep them involved in future products" in there or something similar. The fact that they were hardly mentioned at all was a clear sign that things weren't alright.

Comment

Based on what I saw on Twitter, it seems rough. They aren't even expecting to be paid for the work they put into the current unpublished material. OPP unfollowed them on Twitter and Hatewheel wrote something about all their work accounting for nothing.

I'm glad that stuff are being done with Exalted, but throwing them under the bus seems really harsh. I had hoped that they'd still write for Exalted, under new developers, but I understand if they wouldn't want to anymore after this.

[Webcomic] Dawn of the Chosen - Last Update: February 26, 2017
                      [Ex3] Necromancy - Last Update: March 28, 2017
                      [Ex3] Machineborn - Last Update: April 18, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                        I'm glad that stuff are being done with Exalted, but throwing them under the bus seems really harsh. I had hoped that they'd still write for Exalted, under new developers, but I understand if they wouldn't want to anymore after this.
                        It seems harsh, but on the other hand, now we've only heard their side of the story. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of dirty laundry Rich could air if he wanted to (and for the record, I'm glad he doesn't) and we'd end up with "he said, he said".

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post

It seems harsh, but on the other hand, now we've only heard their side of the story. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of dirty laundry Rich could air if he wanted to (and for the record, I'm glad he doesn't) and we'd end up with "he said, he said".
                          Yeah, I shouldn't speculate too much. I do have a lot of respect for everyone involved in making Ex3 a reality though.

[Webcomic] Dawn of the Chosen - Last Update: February 26, 2017
                          [Ex3] Necromancy - Last Update: March 28, 2017
                          [Ex3] Machineborn - Last Update: April 18, 2017

Comment

I'm not at all surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta View Post

We haven't really heard either "side of the story", and I wouldn't expect us to. The thing to remember is that these people, Rich, Holden, John, Robert, and Eric, all really love Exalted and none of them are "out to get" any of the others. They are also the people with the clearest picture of what was going on with the Exalted line, and if between them they could have come up with any better way to get the line where it needs to be, they would have.

Lucy Darling, I saw on rpg.net you mentioned that John and Holden have some great projects they're working on. It's really great to hear that, and I'm looking forward to seeing whatever they put out.

This also seems like a good place to link John's Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/emptyset
                              Maybe someone can post Holden's when he gets one set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering View Post
                                This also seems like a good place to link John's Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/emptyset
                                John's current Patreon message says "no exalted previews" and references his Onyx Path NDA. But if he's not contracting for Onyx Path anymore, could he put unofficial, home-brew Exalted material up there? I don't know that he would actually want to, I just wonder what the legality there is; I'm not sure how compatible Patreon is with "fair use".

Comment

Working...
                                X