Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POD of Exalted questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • POD of Exalted questions

    So I want a hard copy, I am just curious how it would look if I buy the premium vs the standard, does any one have any experience with the book?

  • #2
    Originally posted by videopete View Post
    So I want a hard copy, I am just curious how it would look if I buy the premium vs the standard, does any one have any experience with the book?
    Paper quality is the same. In the instance of the Standard, the colors are a bit more washed out than the Premium, and might have some streaking here and there. It's not super noticeable. Premium's basically just better quality ink, more vibrant color, all that.

    Otherwise it's the same book. A little less bright, the same quality as any other.

    Comment


    • #3
      So not worth the extra 60 dollars?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by videopete View Post
        So not worth the extra 60 dollars?
        I didn't think so. A friend of mine did. Aesthetics, really.

        For my part I find myself using the PDF a lot more. The book's just too damned unwieldy.

        Comment


        • #5
          Here is the page on DriveThruRPG that explains the difference. Honestly, This is a beautiful book that I think deserves premium quality, but as it is a $60 difference (meaning you could get two standard copies for the cost of one premium) I don't think anyone can blame you for getting standard. That's a lot of money to drop.
          Last edited by deraforia; 03-31-2017, 12:18 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Double post
            Last edited by deraforia; 03-31-2017, 12:15 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by deraforia View Post
              Here is the page on DriveThruRPG that explains the difference. Honestly, This is a beautiful book that I think deserves premium quality, but as it is a $60 difference (meaning you could get two standard copies for the cost of one premium) I don't think anyone can blame you for getting standard. That's a lot of money to drop.
              That page is out of date. Exalted doesn't use the "standard" paper anymore, it uses the "standard heavyweight." Dtrpg hasn't put up a properly updated page yet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

                That page is out of date. Exalted doesn't use the "standard" paper anymore, it uses the "standard heavyweight." Dtrpg hasn't put up a properly updated page yet.

                Originally posted by DriveThru
                What is the difference between Premium Color and Standard Color?

                Jeff Montgomery - January 21, 2017 10:10
                It's up to date as of two months ago, and includes information about Standard Heavyweight, and the pictures are of Standard Heavyweight and Premium Heavyweight.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by deraforia View Post
                  It's up to date as of two months ago, and includes information about Standard Heavyweight, and the pictures are of Standard Heavyweight and Premium Heavyweight.
                  Huh. It was still showing the old page last night when I loaded it...

                  How long does my phone retain its cache?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The colors are a little off in the standard PoD. For a concrete example, if you look at the Night Caste description page, the red in Novia Claro's outfit is so saturated that it doesn't have shadows.
                    (left: PDF screenshot; right: picture taken with my phone in somewhat poor lighting)


                    Jade-Screened Exalted Finding the Path
                    Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Be careful with the spine. The PODs have a glued in spine and if you're not careful you'll end up with a loose-leaf copy. The spine is a big reason why I go with the Kickstarter

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Seconded on the spine. The Premium copy I got for my wife tore from the cover inside 5 months of use. The pages are still together, but it's disconnected from the cover. It's just a really really huge book.


                        I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by shadryx View Post
                          Be careful with the spine. The PODs have a glued in spine and if you're not careful you'll end up with a loose-leaf copy. The spine is a big reason why I go with the Kickstarter
                          Yeah, they do, and it's super goddamn annoying. Perfect binding is not appropriate for a book this size.

                          It's like 1e Dragon-Blooded all over again.


                          "SEX NOVA is the kind of person who, after being chosen as the divine champion of the god of heroes, decided to call himself SEX NOVA."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I got the POD standard and have been happy with it. I can see how the color clarity would be higher with the premium version, but for me the price difference wasn't justified.

                            Since I do most of my campaign writing on the computer I probably use the PDF more often. But the book gets a lot of reference use during play. I'm glad to have both.


                            Share your wonders in The Artifact and Evocation Workshop

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              At 700+ pages they should of divided the book into 3 smaller books and put them in a box sleeve. At least that is what I would of done.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X