POD of Exalted questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by videopete View Post
    At 700+ pages they should of divided the book into 3 smaller books and put them in a box sleeve. At least that is what I would of done.
    The original printings of Vampire 20th Anniversary did exactly that thing (2 books).

I'm not sure why they stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by videopete View Post
      At 700+ pages they should of divided the book into 3 smaller books and put them in a box sleeve. At least that is what I would of done.
      Our printer doesn't offer sleeves or boxes currently.

-MMM

Operations Manager - Onyx Path Publishing
      Owner/Editor - FlamesRising.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

The original printings of Vampire 20th Anniversary did exactly that thing (2 books).

I'm not sure why they stopped.
        Originally when DTRPG first started working with Lightning Source, their b&w printers could handle books as large as V20's 528 (and were sold as such), but their colour printers could not. So it was broken up into two volumes, which the printers could handle.

After some time, LS upgraded their printer capabilities to be able to handle larger books, and so V20's colour prints were once again presented as a single volume.

Ian A. A. Watson
        Onyx Path Community Manager
        Trinity Continuum Lead Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-M-McElroy View Post

Our printer doesn't offer sleeves or boxes currently.

-MMM
          That sounds like something you are thinking about.

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

Originally when DTRPG first started working with Lightning Source, their b&w printers could handle books as large as V20's 528 (and were sold as such), but their colour printers could not. So it was broken up into two volumes, which the printers could handle.

After some time, LS upgraded their printer capabilities to be able to handle larger books, and so V20's colour prints were once again presented as a single volume.
            Honestly? I don't know if that's a good thing.

PoD books that big are kinda... uh... They don't like staying attached to their covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

Honestly? I don't know if that's a good thing.

PoD books that big are kinda... uh... They don't like staying attached to their covers.
              We had at least one complaint every single day that V20 was 2 volumes about how we had ruined gaming forever by splitting the V20 core into two books. Then of course when we made the switch to a single volume we had complaints that it was too big and the 2 volume set was so much better.

-MMM

Operations Manager - Onyx Path Publishing
              Owner/Editor - FlamesRising.com

Comment

We had at least one complaint every single day that V20 was 2 volumes about how we had ruined gaming forever by splitting the V20 core into two books. Then of course when we made the switch to a single volume we had complaints that it was too big and the 2 volume set was so much better.

-MMM
                Cant satisfy them all, and people suck. The real concern is what is better for the book.

Comment

-MMM
                  Well I'm not saying that 2 volumes is inherently better. All I'm saying is that the binding just kinda doesn't work very well on a 500+ page book. The glue just starts coming undone after a little bit. Something that large needs something sturdier. Or, y'know, to not be so large.

Comment

So got the book, and it is huge, like text book big. Funny how I find that the more muted colors help the book my giving all the art a hand painted feel that lends to the presentation.

Comment

Working...
                    X