Orichalcum Edition Number and Signature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orichalcum Edition Number and Signature

In the http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/1059673-kickstarter-update-100-books-are-shipping-out thread, I heard mention that the Orichalcum edition book did not include the number of the book nor a signature, as it was supposed to have according to the kickstarter.

Having just acquired the book for myself, I browsed through it... and yet, i also did not see Number nor Signature within or without. At least not in plain view. I thought, perhaps it's cleverly hidden or maybe plans changed and it wasn't able to happen. And so, here we are.

Anyone have any clue to the whereabouts of the collecters number or signature?

Arteliex, I just received my ultra deluxe book yesterday and I do not see any numbering or signatures in or around the front nor back cover.

Curious to get feedback from others before guessing at reasons.
    Last edited by Naz; 04-01-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Arteliex View Post
      I thought, perhaps it's cleverly hidden or maybe plans changed and it wasn't able to happen
      From conversations I have had elsewhere (not Elsewhere, those conversations are far too awkward) my impression is that it is the latter.

Odd_Canuck is not a topical medication or food product and is not to be taken internally or seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Odd_Canuck View Post
        From conversations I have had elsewhere (not Elsewhere, those conversations are far too awkward) my impression is that it is the latter.
        Between all the different hands involved, from printing to gilding to binding to the shippers, that would have been my guess. Shipping 282 heavy books to the Devs and then shipping them out again would have been expensive. Having them sign 282 sheets of paper to have shipped to the binder may not have resulted in a quality result either.

Comment

Originally posted by Naz View Post
          Having them sign 282 sheets of paper to have shipped to the binder may not have resulted in a quality result either.
          So the solution is to just... give up?

They sold these things for like 300 bucks each, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Piff View Post

$375

Originally posted by Ex3 Kickstarter
            Pledge $375 or more

Legendary Exalted: You will receive the Orichalcum Deluxe version of EX3 as described in the text to the left: a Deluxe EX3, signed, numbered, and with a front cover inset with a sheet of golden metal embossed with First Age sigils! You will also receive a free copy of the EX3 PDF, and all of the PDFs listed above: <snip>
            Hopefully this is a bug with only a couple of them. Otherwise, that's more sand kicked in the teeth of the people who shelled out the big bucks for Ex3. Ouch.

Comment

Well, I know im still really happy with my order. Especially since it was so many years ago, im not exactly missing the money. Still, i admit to being sad if the case is they werent able to be implemented.

Mmm...maybe I should contact rich and see if I can get a response.

Comment

I've been scouring through all emails and messages I have from the Kickstarter and I can't find any mention of the signature and number not being implemented with the final product. I'm really hoping I'm missing something a communication on this, because it bothers me a lot more that this change was made without communication of it.

Comment

Piff, you're right. We should at least reach out to Rich and inquire about a real answer. It's not bothering me personally at the moment - I forgot this was even in the description and I have bigger fish to fry in my personal life - but information should be sought.

I'm going to message Rich via Kickstarter. Can only help if multiple people do this.
                  Last edited by Naz; 04-02-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

That is actually potentially good news for me, as my feelings on this issue are somewhere between "I don't care about that" and "I'd actually prefer it without number and signature"

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

Rich responded to my Kickstarter message and has posted a backer update regarding the Ultra Deluxe copies.

Here you go:

...signed and numbered certificates are sitting here ready to be sent out. We had a few problems with the send-out of the W20 Ultras a couple of years ago, so I wanted to avoid those by sending certificates after we have verified addresses.

Sorry I did not go into how we were handling this on the shipping Updates; I was ultra-focused on getting everyone their packages and in constant communications with the shippers as we got lost and damaged packages resolved, and wasn't thinking about the next step.

But since the Ultra-Deluxes are arriving, if any of you who got your book already want me to mail your certificate out now, go ahead and send me your current address through Kickstarter by clicking on my name up on the right of the KS site, and then clicking on the "Contact Me" link. That way I can confirm your account and address using the KS database.

If you didn't get your Ultra-Deluxe yet, please wait until I do the mass mailings in a couples of weeks as we confirm addresses with the shippers. If you don't want your certificate for any reason and let me know, I'll drop you from the list.

Comment

Received my COA today. I'm #2! Didn't reply fast enough. :/

Comment

Huh. That seems be signed by Rich, not the authors.

I can't imagine any of the people who spent several years writing the book feel great about that.

Though I suppose the Kickstarter didn't say anything about WHO would be signing it in specific... I just kinda thought the authors were, implied?

Comment

Huh. That seems be signed by Rich, not the authors.

I can't imagine any of the people who spent several years writing the book feel great about that.

Though I suppose the Kickstarter didn't say anything about WHO would be signing it in specific... I just kinda thought the authors were, implied?
                            I'm sure that may have been the original intent, but given the current state of things, do you think that would have been feasible?

Comment

Originally posted by Chase Variant View Post

I'm sure that may have been the original intent, but given the current state of things, do you think that would have been feasible?
                              Then they shouldn't of promised signatures.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Working...
                              X