This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomb of Dreams (Ex3 Jumpstart) backer PDF errata thread

Hi, folks. The backer advance PDF of Tomb of Dreams is imminent! Please use this thread to report typos or visual glitches. General discussion, as well as discussion of rules and other content, should go to other threads.

Rose Bailey
    Onyx Path Development Producer
    Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Top of P.31 : "far vaster in scope the other emanations suggest.", Missing a "than"

Jade-Screened Exalted Finding the Path
    Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

The Charm name headings in the character writeups are in Times New Roman.

Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine RPGJenna Moran's PatreonJohn Mørke's Patreon

Comment

Page 21, Social Influence in Combat sidebar. Text says "A requests that the enemy accept your surrender [...]." Should say "A request [...]."

A Green Sun Destrier

Comment

Pg 40 (although it does provide enough neutral buoyancy to make e.g. climbing underwater cliffs automatically successful)

I think there's a word missing or something it seems a bit disjointed saying "to make e.g."

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
            Pg 40 (although it does provide enough neutral buoyancy to make e.g. climbing underwater cliffs automatically successful)

I think there's a word missing or something it seems a bit disjointed saying "to make e.g."

e.g. is actually an abbreviation in English that comes from the Latin phrase, "exempli gratia" which basically means, "for example." But since it only takes two letters and 2 periods, it's a nice way to save space.

Comment

Page 16, there is a typo where it describes unexpected attacks as a kind of unexpected attack, where it should read 'surprise attack'

Comment

Page 43, top of the second column: "Eight of the monster-squid's tentacles drift and reach outwards, but its two longer arms end, not in leaf-shaped sucker-pads, but in the heads of two serpent emanations, both of which stare intently down at the Solars, waiting."

This is backwards! Squids have eight arms and two tentacles, not eight tentacles and two arms. Hence, replace with the following:

"Eight of the monster-squid's arms drift and reach outwards, but its two longer tentacles end, not in leaf-shaped sucker-pads, but in the heads of two serpent emanations, both of which stare intently down at the Solars, waiting."

Comment

On page 58, Mirror Flag's soak from armor and natural soak are reversed (2 and 5 instead of 5 and 2).

Comment

Dunno if this counts, but better safe than sorry:

The cover image has a different resolution than the interior cover image. Also the title and the logos are in slightly different positions from one page to the other.

Join the Strife

Comment

Pg. 31: The Monster Emanation says it resides in the trench on the West side, but earlier on pg. 28 the trench is described as being on the eastern side. I think one of the two needs to be changed. I'd say put it on the east side since the west already has the caves.
                      pg. 38 “Are there other demon emanations?” and pg 39 Paragraph 4 also reverses the position of the trench and caves.
                      pg. 42 The position of the volcano is switched from east to west.

Also, jmo, It also might be interesting to say who's soul the demon is.
                      Last edited by SmilesWithFangs; 04-09-2017, 01:26 AM.

Hi, I'm Smiles With Fangs. I backed Exalted 3rd edition, but I can't make the image I have smaller so here's a kitten

I made some Liminal Charms here I made some Evocations for Wood Dragon's Claws here I'm working on a splat for the Moonsilver Warriors here

Comment

Volfer is missing an attribute dot in his secondary (mentals) attributes

Comment

Page 18: in the first sentence says "but a group that that fails its rout check..." there's an extra "that".

Comment

Page 46 (Volfers character sheet): In the weapons section the damage listed only the bonus dice for the weapon. In all the other character sheets there is also the final sum of the damage dice (in the brackets). This is missing for Volfers character sheet.

Comment

This is more a question for clarity, is the lack of specialties and merits because it is the jumpstart or was it just omitted?

Also, Karel fire orchid is short 2 of her ten freebies ( the ten freebies seems pretty consistent over all 5 of thase characters)... not sure if thats important to anyone else but me though.....

Comment

Working...
                              X