Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CapitanTypo
    replied
    Also - while I have no association to these companies or products whatsoever - two tarot decks I find particularly fun to use for Exalted games are the Manga and Epic tarot decks, both here

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/manga-minetti/
    http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/epic-tarot/

Leave a comment:

• CapitanTypo
    replied
    Originally posted by Gaara View Post
    I'm really interested in this use of tarot cards. And I really would like to use it for the NPC my players would meet wherever they go. Not main NPC but the kind of NPC to populate a place. I was often restricted by the main NPC in my stories and my players found it easy to know if a NPC is important or not just by asking few question about him. With this kind of process I could manage to surprise them and also making place more "lively"

Do you wrote archetype or goals for every major arcana ?

I interpret cards in context rather than have predefined meanings for them, but once a Major Arcana is associated with an NPC within a particular game, I will always link the two - that way NPCs plots can manifest unexpected connections and involvements with other parts of the story. There's nothing to stop you from prescribing NPCs to those cards before you start drawing card, but that means you're developing 22 significant NPCs before the game event begins, which is way more than you'll initially need to use, and so that isn't the way I approach it.

Leave a comment:

• Fata-Ku
    replied
    Originally posted by Gaara View Post
    Strictly speaking, each card is already associated to an archetype (notably the "symbolism" and "Divination" sections of each arcana).
    Unless you meant a more specific story-generator type system, with ready-made NPCs and story hooks?

Leave a comment:

• Gaara
    replied
    I'm really interested in this use of tarot cards. And I really would like to use it for the NPC my players would meet wherever they go. Not main NPC but the kind of NPC to populate a place. I was often restricted by the main NPC in my stories and my players found it easy to know if a NPC is important or not just by asking few question about him. With this kind of process I could manage to surprise them and also making place more "lively"

Leave a comment:

• Fata-Ku
    replied
    Mage: The Awakening - Keys to the Supernal Tarot did something similar and I love it (bought the Mage tarot card set and everything)

It goes with 2 possible spreads for character generation - the arrow of time (5 cards) for past, awakening, goals, virtue, vice; and the Celtic cross for a more in-depth reading of the character.
    They also propose ways of using the Celtic Cross spread for generating stories.

I find it to be a great trick to get the creative engine going.

Edit: as an aside, they also have a Merit where you can draw a card when casting a spell, and interpretation of that card affects the casting.
    Which gives me ideas for Sidereal Astrology.
    Last edited by Fata-Ku; 04-09-2017, 09:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CapitanTypo
    replied
    I can see that a fair few people have clicked through and read at least half the relevant posts. I appreciate that providing feedback may not be the easiest request, but if anyone is interested, I'd be happy to have a go at devising some session outlines for other people's game. Just let me know the general concept of your game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X