Son WuKong and other interesting questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son WuKong and other interesting questions

Well, at least i hope they'll be interesting. hello everyone, I'm fairly new to the forum and to exalted in general, and i have some tiny questions in mind. The first and foremost regards an ally of one of my players. i'm currently mastering for two friends of mine,and since they're solars they lack 3/5 of the circle. So i was thinking of giving them some followers, allies, and contacts to fill in the gap. It won't be immediate, yea, but one of the pgs got some lucky rolls (in pg creation i like to make people do "luck rolls" to see if they start with amazing or weird stuff) and he basically got himself a powerful ally. I still didn't reveal him which ally, but i intended of doing an npc similiar to Wukong, the Monkey King. Do you have any suggestions on how i may make him, since, as i said, it's all new for me? Like, should he be a solar, or some other race? a dawn-warrior or a zenith-king? I'm open to suggestions.

Second, is there any type of flowchart for the combat system? it seems really convoluted and i'm afraid of going into it (the adventure is approaching session 2, i just did some basic adventuring and character dev).

Third...uh, no, nothing. no third question this time

Hope you'll help me, thank's y'all.

The "Shapeshifting Trickster" Lunar antagonist on page 546 makes a pretty easy Sun Wu Kong stand-in at a level of power appropriate for an Ally.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
      The "Shapeshifting Trickster" Lunar antagonist on page 546 makes a pretty easy Sun Wu Kong stand-in at a level of power appropriate for an Ally.

On which manual? the base one doesn't go beyond page 300-ish, so i guess you intend one of the expansions, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Alews View Post
        On which manual? the base one doesn't go beyond page 300-ish, so i guess you intend one of the expansions, right?
        He's referring to the Third Edition Core; I guess it's safe to assume you're playing an earlier edition?

Comment

Oh, yes, sorry. i forgot to put it in. I play second ed, and have the core manual + the three circles manual.

Comment

Isn't the Book of Three Circles first edition?

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
              Isn't the Book of Three Circles first edition?
              Yes. The sorcery and wonder works expansion, I believe. Second Edition's core rule book also goes up to page 392 (not including final comic and appendix), and contains Magnificent Jaguar and Seven Devil Clever as the sample Lunar 'tagonists around page 330. (Though their charm content is non-existent.)

Seven Devil Clever is very much a shapeshifting trickster. Preferring stealth and conning to overt combat, as an ally she would provide contacts and information.

​Magnificent Jaguar is more the barbarian warlord type and, as an ally, he can provide logistics support: barbarian troops and a (relatively) safe base of operations in the threshold.
              Last edited by Greyman; 04-11-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Thank y'all very much. i'll see what i can do. Yea, the book of the three circles is 1 ed, but a friend gifted it to me.

Comment

Working...
                X