No announcement yet.

Equipment Tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the idea is to be more like when Thor hits Captain America — no broken bones or internal hemorrhaging, but a lot of knock-back and inflicted exhaustion.
    But I also think it's fair to disagree and switch everything to Lethal depending on what game-feel you're going for.

Jade-Screened Exalted Finding the Path
    Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

Originally posted by Fata-Ku View Post
      I think the idea is to be more like when Thor hits Captain America — no broken bones or internal hemorrhaging, but a lot of knock-back and inflicted exhaustion.
      But I also think it's fair to disagree and switch everything to Lethal depending on what game-feel you're going for.
      Goremauls aren't made of foam! They're for crushing the bones of your enemies and smashing their flesh into liquid paste!

(luckily a simple tag switch for taste is easy and won't ruin the game or anything. whew.)

Comment

Originally posted by nihnoz View Post
        Goremauls aren't made of foam!
        Neither is Mjolnir.
        Unless you mean the prop, in which case Gore Mauls are made of imagination, which packs a hell of a lot less of a punch than foam :P

Jade-Screened Exalted Finding the Path
        Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

Goremauls aren't made of foam!
          One of the Pearl Lord's minions has a two-handed cudgel made out of seafoam and terror.

Comment

I have my issues with the current Tags, but I think the bashing/lethal divide is being a bit overstated.

Bashing vs. Lethal only really matters to what happens after the fight (at least until we see more in-combat damage healing stuff if it draws a difference between them).

A bashing weapon takes you out of combat just as fast as a lethal one. It's what happens after that which matters. As well, with decisive damage is mostly not impacted back weapon choices. A Grand Goremaul doesn't do more decisive damage than a regular knife if the attack has the same Initiative/Charms in use, etc.

I think the best case for getting rid of the bashing/lethal divide is that it really comes down to, "does the victim get KOed, or do they die/get crippled," more than anything else. Just have the default be "KO" and have a Coup de Grace gambit for trying to make sure someone is dead before combat ends to ensure they don't get dragged off and healed, or are trying some sort of playing dead tactic.

Comment

Clubs doing bashing I can understand. Grand Goremauls not being lethal is criminal.
              Since there's no real mechanical difference between out with lethal or bashing most of the time, it's fluffy to me. Especially since not a lot really does the "downgrade" thing.

And stuff.

And stuff.
              Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

There is a difference, bashing knocks you put if it fills up your health track, lethal kills you.

Comment

Originally posted by videopete View Post
                  It fixed a problem that really didnt exist. While it ignored a bigger problem of the resources system.
                  I'm finding myself wildly curious- what is this problem with the resource system that you are seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by videopete View Post
                    There is a difference, bashing knocks you put if it fills up your health track, lethal kills you.
                    Ish. In 3e it's up to the ST on whether you die immediately or not and how fast you need medical attention. A person KO'd by bashing in a fight where folks really want you dead is probably still dead when opponents get around to them. A person KO'd in a fight by lethal is more or less in the same situation, save it's whether or not they get medical attention.

And stuff.

And stuff.
                    Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                      It is the names, isn't it.

We have bashing versus lethal damage because there's the odd idea that damage somehow isn't as bad if there's no external bleeding.
                      Pretty sure we have bashing and lethal because Vampire did it that way twenty years ago.

Don't feel bad. People tell the developers they get Exalted wrong all the time. -hippokrene

Comment

They also heal at different healing rates and there is stuff that if you can keep going with your track full on Bashing, you get some ablation out of that. But then it becomes a genre-describing damage thing, not really a simulation. In genre ficiton, clubs and bats are not typically as good against a zombie or vampire as a chainsaw or sword. This will probably be more relevant with things like Liminals as time goes along.

And stuff.

And stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X