Solar Argonauts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added Jason

Still wrestling between two versions of Autolycus, but I'll post him soon.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-15-2017, 03:38 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Greyman View Post
      They'll be the Night caste and Eclipse of this perfect circle, right? An excellent choice of line-up, all together.
      Yeah, I decided to focus on heroes of the Argonaut generation after I made my initial picks of Orpheus (my favorite) and Heracles (demanded by iconic status). Obviously it would be possible to do some more of other generations.

I have a few ideas for some other Solar Greek-Heroes. For example, resolving the disputed parentage of Odysseus, while Argo-alumn Laeretes is his father, he inherited the Eclipse Solar Exaltation of Sisyphus.

If I was going to use some of these characters in game, I'd shake it up a bit (in addition to renaming them somewhat to more Creation appropriate names) and make some of them female. Unfortunately the Greeks being the Greeks are not exactly overflowing with amazing heroines (there are Atalanta and Psyche, but they'd both be Zenith, Supernal Athletics and Integrity respectively, and like I said Orpheus is my favorite so I needed to include him for my Perfect Circle).

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Yeah, I decided to focus on heroes of the Argonaut generation after I made my initial picks of Orpheus (my favorite) and Heracles (demanded by iconic status). Obviously it would be possible to do some more of other generations.

I have a few ideas for some other Solar Greek-Heroes. For example, resolving the disputed parentage of Odysseus, while Argo-alumn Laeretes is his father, he inherited the Eclipse Solar Exaltation of Sisyphus.

If I was going to use some of these characters in game, I'd shake it up a bit (in addition to renaming them somewhat to more Creation appropriate names) and make some of them female. Unfortunately the Greeks being the Greeks are not exactly overflowing with amazing heroines (there are Atalanta and Psyche, but they'd both be Zenith, Supernal Athletics and Integrity respectively, and like I said Orpheus is my favorite so I needed to include him for my Perfect Circle).

Hippolata and Penthesilea? Medea?

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

Medea I'm wrestling with because the system doesn't really support potion/elixir/salve based witchcraft on her level. I could give her a bunch of Thaumaturgy rituals, but that doesn't seem like doing her justice.

Comment

Vance suggested in the Ask the Devs thread doing it as Workings.

Really the more problematic aspect is their respective roles in their narratives. Medea murdered Jason's children and her own brother after getting bamboozled into falling in love and then spurned; Hippolyta immediately agrees to give Heracles the prized belt given to her by her father, only to immediately be killed over a deception by Hera (or, in some versions, given to the hero Theseus).
            Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 04-16-2017, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Well this is Exalted, Medea should punch Jason's whole crew into pigs then fly away to have awesome witchy adventures on........the Southern coast (or the Dreaming Sea ???).

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                Vance suggested in the Ask the Devs thread doing it as Workings.

Really the more problematic aspect is their respective roles in their narratives. Medea murdered Jason's children and her own brother after getting bamboozled into falling in love and then spurned; Hippolyta immediately agrees to give Heracles the prized belt given to her by her father, only to immediately be killed over a deception by Hera (or, in some versions, given to the hero Theseus).
                Oh they have problematic roles, definetly! The other amazon I suggested basically tried suicide by Achilles. I just meant as inspiration for characters who could then be given an exalted bent/change and were women (as opposed to say Andromeda who does nothing)

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

If anyone has thoughts on Jason, I'd love to hear them.

Comment

Your take on Jason will both have a hell of a lot of health, and give quite a bit of health to his crew, depending on the ship he gets. Heracles should appreciate the buff.

​(Misu in my group also took Sail Supernal and Blood and Salt Bondage, but he snagged Sea Devil Training Technique instead. That +2 you get from having a crew with Sail 4 is pretty valuable.)

Comment

Yeah Heracles stil has some growing to do in terms of Ox-Body Techniques.

I invested in Ox-Body techniques and Blood and Salt Bondage because empowering his crew allows Jason to play a stronger role as Captain of the Argo without directly facing all the conflicts himself.

Comment

My !Heracles I made for combat testing (Brawl Supernal V Tyrant Lizard) was named Peerless Auroch. More of a phonetic play than any kind of actual meaning based allusion.

I'm not sure where to even start trying to Exaltify the name "Jason".

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Jai of the Sun, a peerless hero.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                            I'm not sure where to even start trying to Exaltify the name "Jason".
                            Ιασων (Iason), was derived from Greek ιασθαι (iasthai), meaning "to heal."

"Iasthai" sounds appropriately fantastical, no?

​Alternatively you could look at some of the elements of his story instead of his exact name. I kinda like the name "Lost Sandal."
                            Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 04-16-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X