No announcement yet.

Solar Argonauts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are great. I particularly like the limit conditions.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
    Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      Really the more problematic aspect is their respective roles in their narratives. Medea murdered Jason's children and her own brother after getting bamboozled into falling in love and then spurned; Hippolyta immediately agrees to give Heracles the prized belt given to her by her father, only to immediately be killed over a deception by Hera (or, in some versions, given to the hero Theseus).
      They don't really have stories of their own, a trend for that people. Problematic is letting yourself ignore what they can be in this game because you don't like how they were portrayed nearly 3000 years ago.

Hyppolyta has a plentiful enough status to boast, despite not having her own stories. "Queen of the amazons and daughter of ares" and the feats of the amazons spread over the stories should give you enough to work.
      It's as if Achilles only had the one story where he is shot down and dies.

Medea makes for a pretty fierce godblood sorceress (there's little else in her writings that would give her a bigger splat), and being eclipsed by the exalted is standard fare. Everyone involved ought to regret dismissing her tho.

Comment

Do Lunar charms allow for something like witchy elixers and potions and such for Medea?

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
        Many Limbed Manual
        Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
        San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
        My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
          Do Lunar charms allow for something like witchy elixers and potions and such for Medea?
          ... you know, Medea being Jason’s No Moon Mate might work perfectly, accounting for her sudden love for him she was willing to betray her father for (and the depths she took his betrayal)

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Synapse View Post
            Problematic is letting yourself ignore what they can be in this game because you don't like how they were portrayed nearly 3000 years ago.
            Fair point. We can definitely do better at this point.

Comment

There's Lunar medicine charms about herbs and so forth.

But there's also a sorcerous initiation about herbs and potions.

My characters:
              Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
              Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
              Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Atalanta (Full Moon), Autolycus (Changing Moon), Medea (No Moon), and Periclymenus (Casteless) can join the team once we get the complete Lunar Charm set

Still need to figure out a Night Caste figure since Autolycus is a Changing Moon. Odysseus would work except he’s not an Argonaut (his dad is and maternal grandad are).

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                  Atalanta (Full Moon), Autolycus (Changing Moon), Medea (No Moon), and Periclymenus (Casteless) can join the team once we get the complete Lunar Charm set

Still need to figure out a Night Caste figure since Autolycus is a Changing Moon. Odysseus would work except he’s not an Argonaut (his dad is and maternal grandad are).

I'd go with Atalanta as the Night Caste, going down a different Athletic path than Hercules.

Comment

Its really hard to think up on a sneaky Argonaut, since most of those adventures Jason takes care. I'd agree with Oriares that Atalanta is the only one that comes to mind just for her Supernal but even then it doesnt really fit. Honestly I cant really imagine who would fit. The other popular Argonauts like Peleus, the Boreas, Pollux and Castor, Argus, none of them really screams night unless you want to do some reimagining.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                      Fair point. We can definitely do better at this point.
                      The Golden Rule applies to Greek Myth too, Medea killing her own children was probably an invention of Euripides.

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      ... you know, Medea being Jason’s No Moon Mate might work perfectly, accounting for her sudden love for him she was willing to betray her father for (and the depths she took his betrayal)
                      Being the 'barbarian' is also often considered a key part of her (post Euripides) narrative.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                      Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

If you are still trying to resolve who to represent the night caste in your perfect circle, I would like to nominate Lycneus of Messenia as a candidate. He served as lookout on the Argo and was gifted with superhuman eyesight. That could be readily represented with an awareness supernal night caste. add some lore specialties in geology or a few dots in Craft(gold-smithing) to cover the multiple ways he could "see through the ground".

Comment

Working...
                        X