A solution for invincible Solar supremacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A solution for invincible Solar supremacy

I was sorting recyclable trash earlier today and pondered how to make Exalted better with my fan contributions. And then a problem that has not even been hinted yet has occurred to me -- how can I prevent power creep in 3e and maintain that Solars remain best at everything? And then this idea dawned on me.

DESIGN PARADIGM - ABSOLUTE SOLAR SUPREMACY

Thesis: Solars are humans taken to superhuman limits, whose excellence is without peer. Other Exalted are also humans. Therefore, Solars must be peerless in specialties of other Exalted. FACT.

Solution: Solars are best at everything. Whenever a new set of powers is introduced in a Exalted Third Edition splatbook, Solars do it better by using the following rules.

The Exigents
    Solars gain access to the following Charm -

I'm So Exalted, Even My Minions Are Exalted
    Cost: 2xp; Mins: Presence 5, Essence 5
    Type: Simple
    Keywords: None
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Favor-Conferring Prana

This Charm is literally Exigence, except that a Solar can do it. This Charm can be used upon the recipient of the prerequisite Charm's effect. They are Exalted by the Solar's supreme supremacy, becoming an Exigent. They can develop their powers and grow to become a peer of any Exalted (except the Solars, and especially their Solar master).

The Lunars
    Shapeshifting is not actually unique to the Lunars. I mean, like, really. Even kids play pretend at being a tiger and goes all rawr! Therefore Solars can change their shape also, 'cuz they are certainly better than mortal kids. Therefore, if a Solar can even imagine an animal and it has stats, she can transform into that animal. No need to eat their heart, because gross! Parasites!

Solars also gain access to the following Charm -

Deadly Man-Man Transformation
    Cost: 1wp; Mins: Socialize 5, Essence 5
    Type: Simple
    Duration: One scene
    Prerequisite Charms: Draw the Curtain

The Solar transforms into a terrifying yet completely acceptable figure, melding the form of the Solar's person with the ideal person. Everything a human can do, the Solar receives an automatic non-Charm success to the related roll. Unrolled values increase by one.

The Sidereals
    Solars can do astrology even better than the Exalted defined by their power over it. Solars have access to Solar Astrology, the system of which is perfectly identical to Sidereal Astrology, except the Solar fate-crafter receives an automatic non-Charm success to all relevant rolls. They don't even need to learn a Charm to receive this effect.

The Abyssals
    When an Abyssal shows up and a Solar discovers that it's possible to make others be terrible with Exalted power, he transforms the idea to a more sublime form. Instead of making others worse at what they do, the Solar becomes simply so awe-some that others are awe-struck and forget to resist the Solar.

The system is identical.

The Dragon-Blooded
    Solars can manipulate the powerful and primordial elements of Creation by shouting at them. Roll (Charisma + Presence) with Difficulty 1. Success means the Solar has access to all Terrestrial Charms for the rest of the scene. Also, animal flux happens to the Solar as well, but everything glows golden.

The Liminals
    When suffering from a crippling injury, a Solar can use a spare body part and the following Charm to heal it.

Immunity to Myself Technique
    Cost: 6m, 1wp; Mins: Resistance 5, Essence 4
    Type: Supplemental
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisite Charms: Immunity to Everything Technique

The Solar hero will not be defeated -- even by her own self. This Charm can be used to resist autoimmune disease. The roll is (Stamina + Resistance) with Difficulty equal to (the Solar's own Essence), but this Charm grants automatic successes equal to the Solar's Essence. Success means that the Exalt is immune to their own immune system.

A possible creative application of the Charm is to receive a replacement organ or body part. The Solar can rub the replacement body part on their missing wound and activate this Charm, along with any magic that speeds healing. Success means the Exalt's body accepts the body part as their own.

All Others
    Solars can do the same thing, but with an automatic non-Charm success.

[end shitpost]

Solar Astrology is like Sidereal Astrology, except there is only one college, it can do whatever you want, and you don't need any friggin' cosignatories.

Comment

Golden Solar Primordial Yozi Sun Circle Splitting Method allows a Solar to split into different, increasingly shorter, versions of their true self, because if the Primordials get to play Matryoshka-doll dress-up then so do the Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, only better, because their different versions aren't all ugly and weird, unless they want them to be, in which case they are even uglier and weirder than the Yozi.

Comment

It's a bit late for April Fools, isn't it?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          It's a bit late for April Fools, isn't it?
          Is humour only allowed one day a year?

Former bearer of the legacy of Trauma Bear
          Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

Szp, I'm worried that Alchemicals might be awesome magical cyborg people and that will encroach overtly on Solar themes of being the best. What remedy do you suggest?

Originally posted by Fata-Ku View Post
            Some people would prefer we didn't have any at all.
            Last edited by Crumplepunch; 04-15-2017, 09:57 AM.

A Clutch of Dragons: Hub Thread, Presence, Resistance, Ride, Sail, Socialize Stealth, Survival, Thrown, War, First Draft pdf<NEW

Comment

Actually, even toward the beginning, April Fools was for plain-old mean-spiritedness.

"Happy New Year! Ha-ha, just kidding, go fuck yourself. Get with the times and put your celebration of the new year in the dead of winter like we did, rather than the point where everything starts growing again, ya weirdos."
              Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 04-15-2017, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I don't remember if I was being serious or not...

And now I'm trapped...

Errrr...Some comment on how Sidereals would look at Solars tryig to use astrology, and say that they're welcome to it

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

I am pretty sure Isator meant it in good humor. A silly post deserved a snarky response =P

Originally posted by Crumplepunch
                  Szp, I'm worried that Alchemicals might be awesome magical cyborg people and that will encroach overtly on Solar themes of being the best. What remedy do you suggest?
                  I have a solution! When the Alchemicals book gets released, the Solars may learn the following Charm:

Actually a Robot Stance
                  Cost: --; Mins: Stealth 5, Essence 1
                  Type: Permanent
                  Duration: Permanent
                  Prerequisite Charms: Easily Overlooked Presence Method

Solars are mortal human, gifted with infinite potential. They are human at heart. But not the Solar who learns this Charm. That Solar is Actually a Robot. And a (super)normal human, too. Both at once.

Being an Actually a Robot allows the Solar to incorporate Artifacts on their person in one way or another -- they may eat a suit of armor; shove their head through a powerbow; bite a daiklave so hard that it never lets go; et cetera. The Actually a Robot may now use the Artifact's Evocations naturally. Without the experience cost to awaken them. That would make Solars weaker and that is not acceptable.
                  Last edited by szp; 04-15-2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                    I don't remember if I was being serious or not...

And now I'm trapped...
                    Originally posted by szp View Post
                    I am pretty sure Isator meant it in good humor. A silly post deserved a snarky response =P
                    Fair enough. Sorry for putting you on the spot Isator.

Former bearer of the legacy of Trauma Bear
                    Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

Oh my God. I just realized the greatest threat to Solar supremacy: other Solars.

So here's a solution:

Worst Possible Charm
                      Cost: --; Mins: Essence 1
                      Type: Permanent
                      Duration: Permanent
                      Prerequisite Charms: None

YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN ME, EVEN IF YOU ARE. Whenever a Solar who knows this Charm interacts with another of the Solar Host, they lose access to Charms that they do not know. Which one loses the Charms? Both! None shall challenge Solar supremacy.

All of the Solar Exalted learn this Charm upon their second breath.

---

I think I've met my silly quota for today. Or for the rest of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Crumplepunch View Post
                        Some people would prefer we didn't have any at all.
                        I have to admit that szp got me for a moment, if only because I've seen people seriously arguing each of these points over the years.

Originally posted by szp View Post
                        Oh my God. I just realized the greatest threat to Solar supremacy: other Solars.

So here's a solution:

Worst Possible Charm
                        If I may?

Glorious Invincible Solar Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better Infinity Plus One Prana Exercise Meditation Technique

No one can beat the Solar Exalted, not even the Solar Exalted. Any time a Solar loses a roll, they immediately gain ten bonus successes. This can happen an infinite number of times, and has no limit to the number of times it can occur on any roll.

Example: Solar Alice and Solar Bob are throwing lawn darts. Bob rolls 7 successes, while Alice rolls 26. Both Alice and Bob know GISAYCDICDBIPOPEMT; as such, Bob immediately gains ten successes on his roll, bringing his new total to 17. Since this still causes Bob to lose, he then immediately gains an additional ten successes, bringing his new total 27. Bob now wins. Because Alice now loses, she immediately gains ten successes, bringing her new total to 36, causing her to win. Because Bob now loses, he immediately gains ten successes, bringing his new total to 37.

This continues until everyone else gets bored and fucks off to do something, anything else.

Have you ever read a Coik post before, man? lol
                        -Holden

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwell View Post
                          Solar Astrology is like Sidereal Astrology, except there is only one college, it can do whatever you want, and you don't need any friggin' cosignatories.
                          Solar Astrology works by utilizing the constellation of the FUCKING SUN. It even has an associated charm tree, with charms laid out to represent the constellation of the sun (ie. just one charm that does everything.)

And an SMA (Solar Martial Art)! With one charm, which has the best sutra ever:

"Once there as a maiden who was the best at punching people ever and she punched really really really hard until they stopped being a problem. The end."
                          Last edited by Aquillion; 04-16-2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Definitely needs more work if you plan on truly encapsulating Solar Bestness. Would also like to see some community love for other splats, we still need, at the very least, a Bitterness mechanic for Dragon-Blooded and rules for the Siderial Responsibility Avoidance Prana, in dodge.

Comment

Don't forget the secret solar martial arts tree

PERVASIVE ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE FACE STYLE (AKA CHUCK NORRIS STYLE)

Inevitable Victory
                              Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 1
                              Type: Bad-ass
                              Duration: Until the end of the fight or which it is activated
                              Prerequisite Charms: None

In the first round of combat, the Solar activates this charm. Regardless of what happens throughout the course of the fight, the Solar will ultimately survive and emerge victorious. This charm makes the solar effectively invulnerable to all attacks, for though they may be beaten, bloodied, and buried under rubble or the burning remains of large tea-house, they will eventually rise to their feet to deliver a devastating blow that renders their enemy unconscious or dead. If the Solar ends the fight with a witty quip and a roundhouse kick to their opponents face, they regain essence and willpower cost of this charm.

Visit me at Tales of Grey - my RPG Game-Master's blog.

"If only I had an enemy bigger than my apathy, I could have won" - I gave you all, Mumford & Sons

Comment

Working...
                              X