Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voltron as a Five-Jade Warstrider: How Do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltron as a Five-Jade Warstrider: How Do?

The major problem is the Central Lion:

Should it be the White Jade Lion of Earth, the Central Element around which the other elements are arranged?

Or should it be the Blue Jade Lion of Air, given that the canonical Black Lion represents the sky and bears the only set of wings among the five lions, which become Voltron's wings?

If one didn't want this homage of Voltron to fly at all, then it doesn't need any wings and the Central Lion could easily be White Earth Jade.

But it's Voltron: an amazing five-in-one N/A-rated legend, who is one-fifth made up of the magical material associated with the sky. And another fifth associated with Fire, the Element that rises.

In the (amazing) reboot, the Black Lion is the largest and possibly most powerful of the five, at least until the Yellow Paladin taps into the Evocations of his majestic mecha-beast. Does it seem acceptable for a Blue Jade warstrider to be larger and stronger than a White Jade warstrider?

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Well I guess the question is do you want the color scheme of the original or the elemental associations of the materials.

Ask 3 fans get 3 answers.

But uh, keep in mind that all of the lions can fly anyway.

Comment

Here's how I'd rearrange it.

White and Green are the legs, providing stability.

Red and Black are the arms. (Fire and Water being the most "active" elements)

And Blue forms the head (Air being the most cerebral in Exalted associations).

This also nicely allows for color balance by putting black and white and opposing positions, and red and green in opposing positions.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Or you could have red and blue be the arms, but have the wings come from the arm lions rather than the central lion?

Comment

Originally posted by diagrapher View Post
          Or you could have red and blue be the arms, but have the wings come from the arm lions rather than the central lion?
          That's not a bad idea.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

...it's funny, I was considering this same conundrum the other day after Robert's comments about essentially summoning a Dragonzord warstrider...and having seen the Power Rangers movie recently.

Currently homebrewing "Dragon-Blooded 2.75" system.

Games currently running: The Throne of Ice - RPoL

Comment

Now, see, I think the configuration used in Legendary Defender (with white replacing yellow) works fine. Black jade's purview includes flexibility and communication with spirits. What better to harmonise five separate artifacts into a coherent whole? Leave the Earth Lion on the ground where it can interface with its element better.

I mean, I can see an argument for switching the green and blue lions, but if we want this thing to fly maybe having air on the bottom to help lift it works as well. And we can maybe say the black lion has blue jade wings or something.

The white bits on the original can be moonsilver to help with the whole transforming thing.

Comment

Working...
              X