Monday Meeting Notes, 04/18/2017 - Excerpt and New Products

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Meeting Notes, 04/18/2017 - Excerpt and New Products

I wonder what 'monthly small releases' means here.

This week, our EX3 devs, Robert Vance and Eric Minton, have provided an excerpt from Arms of the Chosen. I give you: Gnomon, the Starmetal Wrackstaff Artifact: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7F...ew?usp=sharing Enjoy!
    First Draft (The first phase of a project that is about the work being done by writers, not dev prep)
    • Exalted 3rd Novel by Matt Forbeck (Exalted 3rd Edition)
    • Ex Novel 2 (Aaron Rosenberg) (Exalted 3rd Edition)
    • The Realm (Exalted 3rd Edition)
    • Dragon-Blooded (Exalted 3rd Edition)
    • Arms of the Chosen (Exalted 3rd Edition)
    • We were going to list Adversaries of the Righteous (EX3 Antagonists) and Hundred Devils Night Parade (EX3 Bestiary) here but since we’re doing monthly small releases with them, we figured that would just get annoying and confusing. So this week, they go here, but after that they just exist.
    In Art Direction
    • Ex3 Monthly Stuff – AD’d
    At Press
    • Ex 3 Screen – Shipping almost completed.
    • Ex 3 core book – Shipping almost completed along with map and bookmarks.
    • EX3 Tomb of Dreams Jumpstart – PDF out to backers.
    Last edited by hippokrene; 04-18-2017, 11:50 AM.

Come and rock me Amadeus.

Originally posted by hippokrene View Post
    I wonder what 'monthly small releases' means here.
    Rich discussed that in KS update #101: what they're doing with Antagonists and the Bestiary is releasing both in monthly PDF sections smaller than a chapter. After getting a good number of sections out, they'll be combined into the final books, available in PDF/POD.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
      Rich discussed that in KS update #101: what they're doing with Antagonists and the Bestiary is releasing both in monthly PDF sections smaller than a chapter. After getting a good number of sections out, they'll be combined into the final books, available in PDF/POD.
      What I'm hoping is that they'll be offered piecemeal even after the combined books are released, like they did with Glories. So, like, if I have no interest in Lunar NPCs but would like to have some ready made Dragon-Blooded, I can drop a smaller amount of dosh to just pick up the DBs instead of having to spend doshdoshdosh for the full release.

Have you ever read a Coik post before, man? lol
      -Holden

Comment

The Gnomon Wrackstaff

No love for the ZA WARUDO artifact?
        I imagine it to look like a narrower wooden version of Big Ben's minute hand, with starmetal tightly binding the living wood.
        Hoping it gets images in Arms Of The Chosen.

Comment

Time manipulation and thievery. You could just about build a whole character around this staff. I approve.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by semicasual View Post
            Time manipulation and thievery. You could just about build a whole character around this staff. I approve.
            That should be the goal of every artifact weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Arteliex View Post

I don't think it should be the goal of every artifact weapon, but certainly anything rated 4 dots or higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Arteliex View Post

That was the original intent I believe. It was supposed to be an alternate form of character development. Obviously, many artifacts ended up being very small, but like a martial arts style, they tend to shape the way you approach combat entirely, rewarding you for fighting in a unique and possibly obscure way. So yeah, I'm a fan of this idea.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

That was the original intent I believe. It was supposed to be an alternate form of character development. Obviously, many artifacts ended up being very small, but like a martial arts style, they tend to shape the way you approach combat entirely, rewarding you for fighting in a unique and possibly obscure way. So yeah, I'm a fan of this idea.
                  Yeah, Evocations have gone through a few different design paradigms; I recall at one point John hinted you could focus primarily on the Artifact for your progression. Obviously that didn't pan out on the whole, but I personally think the best Artifacts shape your combat style without feeling like you're jumping through hoops.

Comment

Evocations can definitely be your primary combat investment. I ran one character that used thrown, but was not particularly interested in the ninjaing that the core thrown tree provides, so an evocation tree gave me 4-5 combat charms that was enough to be credible in combat, not equivalent to a full MA style, but enough to get by on if your character isn't primarily a combat character.

Comment

Working...
                    X