Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kickstarter fulfillment

I looked back at the Kickstarter today:

I was going to write some words about their progress but everything I wrote came out as ether obsequious praise or viscous criticism. I'll just leave my list and let you reflect on its good an bad points without any further input from me.
    Stretch Goal Complete?
    screen Yes
    fiction anthology Yes
    art increase Yes
    cloth map Yes
    infernal & abyssal previews Yes
    charm cards Yes
    music suite Yes (as of 6/8/17)
    book marks Yes
    quickstart Yes
    essays on Exalted No
    spoiler video Yes
    More bookmarks Yes
    Holden to Gencon Yes
    Novel No
    More Martial arts Yes
    Comic Yes
    2nd novel No
    gold foil spines Yes
    Anathema Yes
    Color art in the Realm and Arms of the Chosen No
    pay bump Yes
    Ready made characters Yes
    More Music No
    More Art in the comic Yes
    Last edited by Apromor; 06-09-2017, 12:30 PM.

12 silver and a gold for making breakfast. Who wouldn't want to be a solar?

Anathema- Yes.

Holden and John did provide those guys with text and commentary well before the launch of EX3, which is what we said we'd do. Anathema was always an independent project and it was up to them to take that info and run with it.

Comment

Originally posted by RichT View Post
      Anathema- Yes.

Holden and John did provide those guys with text and commentary well before the launch of EX3, which is what we said we'd do. Anathema was always an independent project and it was up to them to take that info and run with it.
      Which, being one of the two guys who picked up the reins, I can say that from what he's told us, Urskr's been taking a long hiatus. Which isn't your fault.

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
      Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

Anathema- Yes.

Corrected. For what it's worth I think that on the Kickstarter stretch goals side of things we have little to complain about, you're doing fine.

Comment

Essays on Exalted? What was that supposed to be?

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
          Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandact6 View Post
            Essays on Exalted? What was that supposed to be?
            From the KS page

At $360,000 of contributions, every backer at Scholar of Lore or higher will receive a free PDF of Exploring the Age of Sorrows: Essays on the World of Exalted, a 250+ page, 6" x 9" retrospective collection of essays and art, as described here: First published in 2001 the Exalted Role-Playing Game has had over 80 supplements, 10 novels, a comic series from UDON and entertained thousands of fans across the globe. Exploring the Age of Sorrows gathers essays from the games contributors, developers and luminaries in the worlds of fiction and comics to explore Exalted's characters, setting, history and impact on the world of RPGs. More details to follow as contributors and editors are announced.

Comment

I wrote literally exactly the same thing as Jetstream in the post above (I wrote kickstarter as opposed to ks but other than that exactly). So I deleted the "double post".
              Last edited by Apromor; 04-20-2017, 01:25 PM.

Comment

As I understand it, the pay bump did not actually end up happening for at least one of the authors and is still outstanding.

Comment

I think it might be of value to not just put everything in a binary yes/no. There are "No" marks things that we have no reason to doubt will become "Yes" but have obvious reasons why they're not yet (the novels are being written, the art bump for future books can't be out until those books are actually finished), and "Yes" marks that don't actually mean a finished thing has gotten to the backers (the stuff has been sent to the Anathema team, which hasn't finished with it yet). Then there's things we don't have any solid news on, like the the essays, and some rumor mill issues regarding things like freelancers and getting the pay bump.

Reflecting on the good and bad of the list is hard when the good and bad of the list isn't as simple as a binary yes/no.

Comment

Anyone know the status of the music suite? That was one of the things I thought would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Piff View Post
                      As I understand it, the pay bump did not actually end up happening for at least one of the authors and is still outstanding.
                      If that is the case then that writer should contact Rose so we can find out why the bump was not included on that writer's pay schedule when the devs handed it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonmystic View Post
                        Anyone know the status of the music suite? That was one of the things I thought would be cool.
                        Our composer is working on the final track for the Exalted types, and will then start on the "adventuring" tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                          I think it might be of value to not just put everything in a binary yes/no. There are "No" marks things that we have no reason to doubt will become "Yes" but have obvious reasons why they're not yet (the novels are being written, the art bump for future books can't be out until those books are actually finished), and "Yes" marks that don't actually mean a finished thing has gotten to the backers (the stuff has been sent to the Anathema team, which hasn't finished with it yet). Then there's things we don't have any solid news on, like the the essays, and some rumor mill issues regarding things like freelancers and getting the pay bump.

Reflecting on the good and bad of the list is hard when the good and bad of the list isn't as simple as a binary yes/no.

While I agree, remember that the specific kickstarter goal was *not* for a completed Anathema suite. It was for the gameplay information to be sent to the Anathema team early so Urskr could get a headstart on it, and possibly complete it by the time EX3 was released. Onyx Path did their due diligence on that count, since Urskr is an independent party and was doing the whole thing as a hobby engagement, not something paid for or the like.

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
                          Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

Our composer is working on the final track for the Exalted types, and will then start on the "adventuring" tracks.
                            I look forward to it myself. I enjoy the Exalted theme (blows the 1e ones out of the water. God, they're so bad, they sound like early 90's RTS soundtracks. Like someone's gonna shout "Wolo" at me and then start hitting me with an army of monks so they can convert my buildings) my Exalted playlists need some more orchestral/specifically-designed-for-exalted action.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

I agree in general, but specifically disagree about the Anathema goal, which is why I interjected here. We fulfilled our goal, which was to give the Anathema team everything they needed to go live with EX3. Our goal wasn't for us to make it go live, as that was always out of our hands and skillsets. The collaboration spoken about in the goal description happened, and then things changed for the Anathema team and their project.

Comment

Working...
                              X