No announcement yet.

Kickstarter fulfillment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really looking forward to the novel.

“The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by RichT View Post

Our composer is working on the final track for the Exalted types, and will then start on the "adventuring" tracks.
      Hmm, did they happen to give you an approximate time frame?

Comment

No, just working on it currently.

Comment

Darn. I hope it's out soon.

Comment

I didn't mean to say that the Anathema goal shouldn't be considered a "yes." Just that it illustrates how the yes/no binary doesn't really work to the idea of interpreting how to interpret that. As a backer, I'm perfectly satisfied that Onyx Path did what it's promised to do, but as a player I'm disappointed that hasn't manifested into anything I can use.

Comment

Wait, colour art in the books was a kickstarter benefit... That's odd for a game as large as exalted.

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                Wait, colour art in the books was a kickstarter benefit... That's odd for a game as large as exalted.
                Exalted soft splats tended to have black and white art.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post
                  Exalted soft splats tended to have black and white art.
                  I believe you mean "Exalted everything-but-the-2e-core has black and white art". Unless there's something I'm forgetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwell View Post
                    I believe you mean "Exalted everything-but-the-2e-core has black and white art". Unless there's something I'm forgetting.
                    I couldn't remember off the top of my head if any of the fat splats had color or not, and I wasn't near my books.

Comment

That's disappointing. 3rd Edition is the first time I've read exalted so I assumed it'd all be in colour.

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                        That's disappointing. 3rd Edition is the first time I've read exalted so I assumed it'd all be in colour.
                        Well, we don't know what the new paradigm is. Maybe it will be. They did hit the stretch goal to have color in Realm and Arms. And they'll kickstart Dragon Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought, so that'll almost certainly be in color too.

Maybe they will make them all color. Time will tell!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetstream View Post

Well, we don't know what the new paradigm is. Maybe it will be. They did hit the stretch goal to have color in Realm and Arms. And they'll kickstart Dragon Blooded: What Fire Has Wrought, so that'll almost certainly be in color too.

Maybe they will make them all color. Time will tell!
                          RichT How does sourcing colour art vs black and white art factor into your costs to commission it? Like if the average one page black and white spread was $100 how much would you have to pay for a similar spread that is colour? I would have though that in this day and age of digital art that the cost of getting colour art would be pretty close to the same, especially if you aren't producing your own books outside of the Deluxe Editions, and DriveThru is handling all the colour printing logistics for you.

Is there a point where colour illustrations shouldn't be a stretch goals anymore and should just be assumed to be the de-facto status...outside of say WoD where it can be an aesthetic choice to fit the grim setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Arian Dynas View Post

While I agree, remember that the specific kickstarter goal was *not* for a completed Anathema suite. It was for the gameplay information to be sent to the Anathema team early so Urskr could get a headstart on it, and possibly complete it by the time EX3 was released. Onyx Path did their due diligence on that count, since Urskr is an independent party and was doing the whole thing as a hobby engagement, not something paid for or the like.

The exact wording of the goal is...

At $575,000 of contributions, our EX3 Dev Team will collaborate to create the Official EX3 Anathema Character Management Toolkit. This free software has evolved and grown with the development of Exalted, but now it is our aim to collaborate with the Anathema team for an EX3 version that releases with EX3 itself.
                            I can see why people expected more. "our EX3 Dev Team will collaborate to create the Official EX3 Anathema Character Management Toolkit." to me is a promise to create something, not just collaborate with no obligation to actually get things done. I know you can split hairs on what was technically said, but I think a reasonable person's reading of this stretch goal is very different than what it is being sold as after the fact. Nowhere in this stretch goal is any wording of uncertainty, it is presented as something much more formal that it apparently was in reality. I don't see how this can simultaneously be the "Official" character creator...and also a fan project completely unrelated to any responsibility on the part of OPP, the informal nature of this relationship should have been disclosed from the get go.

Comment

Originally posted by SpruceStripedGoose View Post
                              I can see why people expected more. "our EX3 Dev Team will collaborate to create the Official EX3 Anathema Character Management Toolkit." to me is a promise to create something, not just collaborate with no obligation to actually get things done. I know you can split hairs on what was technically said, but I think a reasonable person's reading of this stretch goal is very different than what it is being sold as after the fact. Nowhere in this stretch goal is any wording of uncertainty, it is presented as something much more formal that it apparently was in reality. I don't see how this can simultaneously be the "Official" character creator...and also a fan project completely unrelated to any responsibility on the part of OPP, the informal nature of this relationship should have been disclosed from the get go.
                              The other problem that could come from that is if Onyx Path "Pushed" for it or looked at getting done with someone else... what would the backlash be?
                              "They Stole the idea from a Fan!" "They took over from someone else"

They did what they said they would, they have to wait now for awhile.

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

Originally posted by SpruceStripedGoose View Post
                                RichT How does sourcing colour art vs black and white art factor into your costs to commission it? Like if the average one page black and white spread was $100 how much would you have to pay for a similar spread that is colour? I would have though that in this day and age of digital art that the cost of getting colour art would be pretty close to the same, especially if you aren't producing your own books outside of the Deluxe Editions, and DriveThru is handling all the colour printing logistics for you.
                                The majority of professional illustrators I know work in colour and then have their work greyscaled for black and white books. Certainly I have seen colour originals of artworks that went into B&W Exalted books of earlier editions.

I expect the cost of a colour book is in the production phase, not commissioning.

A Clutch of Dragons: Hub Thread, Presence, Resistance, Ride, Sail, Socialize Stealth, Survival, Thrown, War, First Draft pdf<NEW

Comment

Working...
                                X