[NPCs] Echoes of the Godkiller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NPCs] Echoes of the Godkiller

The tenth setting for Stranger Creations is now posting. It's called "Echoes of the Godkiller," and it's a return to the setting used in The Splinter of the Machine. Here's the intro:
    Seventy-seven years have passed since the Day of the Broken Sky. On that day this small world grazed against another cosmos, and survived. On that day the Luminous Godkiller Weapon was defeated. The land is recovering, and new gods are arising to fill the void left by the old. There is life, where there might have been death.

However, one cannot say that the world is at peace. Petty warlords battle alchemically-enhanced bandits. Treasure hunters raid ancient manses. Experiments begun before the death of the Weapon still hunt the living. In the lands north of the Imperial City, a strange automaton seeks a young girl, on whose shoulders the fate of the world will rest.

Come hear the Echoes of the Godkiller.
    The setting overview posted today, the relationship map will post tomorrow, and the NPCs will appear one-per-day after that.

Previous settings:

Current project: Stranger Creations, unofficial settings and NPCs for Exalted.

It's all done! Here are the Overview and Relationship Map for Echoes of the Godkiller, and here's the full set of NPCs:

Comment

I can't believe I missed this! Well, now I have something fun to read for the next few days.

...oh, putting one of the Children of Ether in this is going to be hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
        I can't believe I missed this! Well, now I have something fun to read for the next few days.

...oh, putting one of the Children of Ether in this is going to be hilarious.
        Yeah, posts with a lot of links require moderation, so these tend to be a little farther down the page by the time they're approved.

Cyn was a case where I saw the art and it was clearly an Etherite, and I thought "Well screw it, I get N stock art downloads per day, this one is so great I have to get it even if I don't have an immediate use for it." And then the character just fell into place.

Sometimes I have the concept first and fit the best art I can to it, other times the art drives the concept. Bakdan-O was a great case of art driving concept.

And then sometimes just the name is so compelling that everything else comes from that. Sunset-on-Snow was one of those. There's one in this list too...

Comment

Working...
        X