The Bikini Witch thread, season 2: Because why the fuck not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nocte ex Mortis View Post
    Or, you know, the entire subject being fought over, again, is because you guys have, again, taken something that is a minor spoiler or piece of a greater thing, in this case the Exalted cover, and gone totally apeshit, again.

Seriously, we quite literally have ZERO CONTEXT to put this art piece into, and there's an entire thread threatening to erupt in some sort of twisted moral outrage.

Edit: In other words, yes, I know this is way too much of an overreaction. However, now I'm on a roll, and now I feel like I need to go through other media to demonstrate my point. Because again, SOMEONE IS WRONG ON THE INTERNET.
    Last edited by MrInsecure; 11-15-2013, 01:42 AM.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Really weird to me that given a picture of a Exalt levitating into the air on wings made of daiklaves, a bunch of socially enlightened thinkers choose to define her by her breasts and gender.

Ah well. You'll get the full comic eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Holden View Post
        Really weird to me that given a picture of a Exalt levitating into the air on wings made of daiklaves, a bunch of socially enlightened thinkers choose to define her by her breasts and gender.

It looks more like she's laying on a bed of daiklaves than floating on wings made of daiklaves. If she were floating upright her breasts wouldn't be spilling back into her armpits like she were laying on her back.

[I like the pose in general. I think the outfit could use some work, and it looks like she's laying down. There is nothing inherently wrong with the style; the artistic part of my brain is just going "boobs and clothes don't work like that!" I actually do like the piece other than those two peeves.]
        Last edited by tluthal; 11-15-2013, 02:46 AM.

Check out my art here! You can see my stuff from the old forum here.
        Two Exalted Bound In Chains of the Sun

Comment

Her costume is too simple for my taste, but she gonna be in a comic so I guest I can leave it alone

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

And shoulders.
            Don' t forget shoulders.

Comment

At least Exalted has female characters. So much gaming stuff (video games in particular) tend to be ridiculously male-heavy as far as representation goes, so it's nice that Exalted has females in it.

Comment

Maybe I'm not the best person to ask about this sort of thing. But as for the new Exalted being revealed, am I the only one who doesn't really care about how sexualized she is and is more interested in why the hell she has so many daiklaves?!

"Oh boys! Look what I got here!"
                "Hey, where the Dynast women at?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                  How to recognize a chainmail bikini witch:
                  • Spine: A bikini witch's spine is thing of both wonder and horror. Infused with Luna's essence, these thing can turn 180o degree and not kill their host.
                  • Boobs: If left unchecked, the prismatic essence within a bikini's boobs will continuously expand and turn into gigantic twin-star that devour everything in their path, that why they have to forsake the pleasure of wearing a bra (or sarashi if you are an anti-city Lunar), this will make their boobs jiggle and thus can seal the mighty power of her breasts into a single moment that stretch into infinity.
                  BRASSIERE OF EXCESSIVE FEMININITY (ARTIFACT •)

Many new asura have trouble coming to terms with their newfound ability to mold their own bodies. Surrounded by the exotic beauties of the demon realm and a culture where body modification is common if not expected, some try to emphasize what they know rather than immediately take on those unfamiliar aspects. Others simply have long-held complexes which they are finally able to resolve. Regardless of cause, many of them neglect to consider the side effects before using magic or surgery to increase the size of whatever dangling sexual bits they might have. As a result, the easiest way to identify a newly-Exalted Infernal is to listen for complaints of the weight.

While the men still wait cross-legged for relief, hell's women, including some demons recently, can acquire a brassiere of excessive femininity with relative ease to relieve their constant back pain. Every month, five days before the new moon, a particularly busty Lunar who calls herself Love's Last Hope enters Malfeas by way of a key to the infernal gates (Manual of Exalted Power – The Infernals, p.190) to sell these artifacts and take special orders. A prospective customer must find her location by word of mouth within the space of one day, for she never sells in the same location more than once and leaves immediately after her stock has emptied in the hopes that Luna will not spy her crossing the Endless Desert so frequently.

The core of this artifact is an incredibly fine web of moonsilver fibers upon which cotton, silk, or on rare occasions, a voice stolen by Berengiere, is woven. With the attunement of one mote, these fibers morph to perfectly fit the wearer, tightening or letting out the fabric as needed. As long as the wearer remains attuned, the moonsilver reacts to her body's movements, keeping her breasts from throwing her off-balance and taking the weight off of her spine, rendering her immune to any internal or external penalties resulting from the size of her bust.

Hope also makes a rarer soulsteel variant of this artifact, though acquiring the necessary material from her Abyssal Mate may take extra time. Saying it is comfortable would be an outright lie, as it provides its support through sheer rigidity rather than from flexibility. However, the natural cold of the material ensures that the wearer's nipples are always pert, and the appearance of the metal itself is used in some of the seamstress' gothic designs.

I'm working on it, all right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gensh View Post

BRASSIERE OF EXCESSIVE FEMININITY (ARTIFACT •)
                    VYCTOREA'S SECRET (ARTIFACT ••)

VYCTOREA'S LITTLE SECRET (ARTIFACT •)

This device is an artifact from the first age, created for one Vyctorea, a Sidereal Martial Artist with a bit of a chest problem. This [little] secret lifts and supports the chest, preventing any gainaxing that would discomfit or limit the wearer's movement. The wearer's clothes and any cloth wrapped around their body is absorbed into the artifact, allowing the wearer to create perfectly fitted clothes in any style - assuming the device has enough cloth to work with. Additionally, the greater version provides a small elsewhere pocket reached through the wearer's cleavage.

Check out my art here! You can see my stuff from the old forum here.
                    Two Exalted Bound In Chains of the Sun

Comment

Christ, Holden, this is like déjà vu. I could quit all over again!

​what I am interested in is far more complex and nuanced than something you can define in so few words.

ಠ__ಠ

Comment

So if we ever did get that theoretical picture of Arianna, it would be wrong to define her by her breasts and gender rather than being a guest in an alien house of forbidden lore?

EDIT: Also, you're not giving credit to the other threads which were specifically devoted to analysing the picture in terms of its other qualities.

Heck, half the people who've looked at her have speculated at length that she's some kind of Exigent Chosen of Swords.

Those wings of daiklaves have definitely made an impression.
                        Last edited by Isator Levi; 11-15-2013, 05:55 AM.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by MrInsecure View Post
                          You know, I sort of want to play a game. You know, post pictures of characters from various shows, comics, or video games, and see if people can guess their personalities from their pictures. Like, for example, I'm sure no one who hasn't played BlazBlue is going to know this character's story, just by looking at her, while I'm sure most of you could figure out this guy's story in two seconds, even if you've never touched the games.

That, by the by, is a textbook example of the Bikini Witch problem.
                          Can you guess this guys personality and backstory from his picture?
                          http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...385-vash00.jpg

How about this tone?
                          http://isilie.files.wordpress.com/20...ni-kenshin.jpg

This one?
                          http://images1.fanpop.com/images/ima...3_1024_768.jpg

Maybe this one?
                          http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...Lamperouge.png

I find that a good character has a much deeper and complex personality then can be conveyed by a single picture. The problem with art of female characters in general is not that they don't accurately portray their personality (although that too can be a problem at times), the problem with art of female characters tend to be that they're posed to give a good view while male heroes are usually posed to look determined. For instance compare Lelouch's pose to Bullets, Lelouch has his arm raised like that to signify how he's looking down on you, Bullet comes across as something like "I suppose I should keep at least one arm up if I'm about to fight, but god forbid I accidentally cover my breasts".

It's possible to draw her in less terrible ways, show by:
                          http://aliothfr.tumblr.com/image/35773168877 and http://www.donmai.us/data/af8fb142b6...17a737fd47.jpg
                          Last edited by Zironic; 11-15-2013, 07:32 AM.

Comment

The other thread clearly is an over-reaction. I've stated multiple times that we do lack context and further character information. I think it's as much a case of "let's talk about this spoiler we got!" and we know how those things can get out of control.

I want to point out, the sword-wings are certainly what struck me first about her, and they look awesome. But it's possible to have problems with a part of something without condemning the whole.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Originally posted by Zironic View Post

Can you guess this guys personality and backstory from his picture?
                              http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...385-vash00.jpg
                              He looks like a cowboy or bounty hunter. Maybe a bad guy? Maybe a dual personality or a dark side to his past, looking at his light and dark pistols.

Well, he's obviously a samurai. There's probably a story behind the scar on his cheek. I'd guess he's seen a lot of fighting.

Obvious villain or antihero. He looks sophisticated, though, like he has education or money or something to that effect. Judging from the blood in his mouth (and the name, but that's cheating) I'm gonna guess he's a vampire.

He looks aristocratic and kinda girly. A student? Some sort of nobleman I guess. I'd guess he's full of himself.

I find that a good character has a much deeper and complex personality then can be conveyed by a single picture.
                              I'm going to say now that I've seen all the shows these characters are from and am quite familiar with how they act but I'm trying to go off of just how they look. The point of MrInsecure's exercise isn't that you should learn everything about a character from first impressions. It's that you should be able to look at a character and be able to infer who they are from that. If someone's supposed to be a knight in shining armor, it probably fits to make him a literal knight in shining armor. Giving him a loincloth and a savage look, however, indicates something different, and would be an ineffective design for the character's appearance.

e: Whoa, you've edited stuff in.

The first picture of Bullet is at least an action pose. The denim thong is made even worse, though. The second one redirects to a 403 Forbidden for me.
                              Last edited by kongurous; 11-15-2013, 07:42 AM.

A Green Sun Destrier

Comment

Stern seriousness, thousand-mile stare, sardonic bloody grin, haughty imperiousness.

Vash is the only one I don't know much about, and I think he's supposed to have a certain sense of goofiness, but the others I'd assess as kind of good first impressions of the characters.

Originally posted by Zironic
                                the problem with art of female characters tend to be that they're posed to give a good view
                                Also their faces tend to look pretty blank.

Originally posted by Zironic
                                male heroes are usually posed to look determined.
                                I'd say they're more likely to look like all kinds of things, which suggests a greater incentive to view them as people.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
                                X