The Bikini Witch thread, season 2: Because why the fuck not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bikini Witch thread, season 2: Because why the fuck not

This is a place for bikini witches. You like bikini witches? You don't like bikini witches? You don't know what a bikini witch is? Right here.

When Heaven forbids Exigents, only forbidden gods will have Exigents. The Hanged Man wrote: Space. Pfft, whatever. I can kick Space's ass with a starting Dynast.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGABLARGLABLAORG!
    Character Design!
    Empowerment!
    Feminism!
    Blow-up Dolls!

THERE ARE NO STOPS ON THE FLAME TRAIN!

Bearer of the legacy of Trauma Bear
    Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

I will, of course, contribute my male bikini witches to this thread.

Because clearly I needed to bring them back.

Lunar, Abyssal.

Check out my art here! You can see my stuff from the old forum here.
      Two Exalted Bound In Chains of the Sun

Comment

'Because the conversation is going to go nowhere it hasn't gone the last hundred times' seems like a good reason for 'why the fuck not'. But that might just be me.

Also, they are fine so long as they don't over-saturate the artwork with them.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

Originally posted by Mizu View Post
          'Because the conversation is going to go nowhere it hasn't gone the last hundred times' seems like a good reason for 'why the fuck not'. But that might just be me.
          Totally just you, bro.

When Heaven forbids Exigents, only forbidden gods will have Exigents. The Hanged Man wrote: Space. Pfft, whatever. I can kick Space's ass with a starting Dynast.

Comment

Omg, didn't I just do this back in the other thread? xD

Yes, actually, I did. I'm not in the mood to repeat myself right now.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara! View Post
              Totally just you, bro.
              Well, I always knew I was something of an oddball.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

Those seeking more information on Weimann's invariably excellent (I assume, because I only skimmed the thread) contributions to this topic may begin here. Ctrl+F "Weimann" and go from there.

(Thank you, Weimann!)

Comment

There are a lot of misrepresentations in RPG's and comics. From physical proportions (in both sexes) to physics (it's become natural to see stupid stuff and not lift an eyebrow).

My personal opinion is that all this "bikini witch topic" is as important as you or me let it be. I for one, consider that the exalted audience is intelligent and we are capable of using our criteria and not feel offended or mind controlled by something so simple.

Just as you can ignore the rules you find aweful. You are free of creating your own aesthetics for your characters. Just because the book shows illustrations, it doesn't mean you need to stick to that style and theme.

On one hand, to the game, I think all this discussion is a bit irrelevant and may be "harmful" to the new edition (expectations vs. reality).

On the other hand, this discussion isn't irrelevant in other contexts, like if we were discussing discrimination. But that would be more fitting in another forum. One that is not dedicated to a game.

This is my personal opinion, and I am in no way trying to convince anyone or actively asking to stop the discussion. These are my final words on the matter.
                  Last edited by Gonzo; 11-14-2013, 08:07 PM.

Join the Strife

Comment

Yeah, while the idea of having a dedicated thread for this kind of thing is nice, it kind of depends on people not blowing up at each other. Unfortunately, it's been proven time and again that this will happen on these boards. It's just a very charged issue, and everyone doesn't even agree that it is an issue, and will come and tell those who think it's an issue why it's not, and there we go again.

If we could have a thread where those who didn't subscribe to the core idea that female depiction in Exalted is off in a number of ways just didn't post, we could maybe have a lasting discussion (emphasis on maybe). That, however, is not likely to happen. At least not without very tight moderation and an explicit interest from the moderators to keep it going and not just close it down to save them the hassle (which I'd totally understand).

Edit: A neat thing with being able to create a steady platform of assumptions that don't have to be retread every three pages is that the discussion could indeed get off the ground and branch out into other topics. For example, we could talk about more deep-reaching depictions of characters than their visual images, which in fact is an area where Exalted excels (at least in my opinion). We could talk about the stereotypes men have (because they do!) and how they could be improved and diversified upon. And stuff like that. It'd be neat.
                    Last edited by Weimann; 11-14-2013, 08:11 PM.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Clothing should be appropriate for the character and the character's context.

You can make it more complicated than that, but you don't need to.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
                      [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
                      [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

What? Can...

Someone care to explain the joke... I am confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara! View Post
                          Those seeking more information on Weimann's invariably excellent (I assume, because I only skimmed the thread) contributions to this topic may begin here. Ctrl+F "Weimann" and go from there.

(Thank you, Weimann!)
                          You flatterer, you! I must hide my face! O ///_/// O

Seriously though, I'm mostly talking out of my ass based on shit I've read on the internet. Anyone with half a clue about this topic could probably demolish my points in minutes.

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post
                          Clothing should be appropriate for the character and the character's context.

You can make it more complicated than that, but you don't need to.
                          That's a really good guideline. Remains only to define what is "appropriate" for what character and context. That can't be that hard. Right? :P
                          Last edited by Weimann; 11-14-2013, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I think Exalted needs as many Roseblacks and Perfect Souls as it has bikini witches. Well drawn all of them, mind. If you are going to provide fanservice, make it look good.

It also needs less of Princesss Chains-For-A-Bra.

Dead But Not Gone: Ghosts
                            Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
                            Masters of the Industrial Elements
                            Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                            ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Originally posted by WalrusJones View Post
                              What? Can...

Someone care to explain the joke... I am confused.
                              A bikini witch is a witch in a bikini. This really jerks some people off. Others jerk off to it. The choice is yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X