Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compiling a List of Canon Dynasitic Dragon-Blooded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Compiling a List of Canon Dynasitic Dragon-Blooded

    So in anticipation of the upcoming Dragon-Blooded book. I'd decided that I want to do something I've never done before and run a Real Civil War game. I anticipate a lot of others do the same.

    I run my games exclusively in a Sandbox fashion, and have been playing way to many hours of Crusader Kings 2, so I thought it would be cool put together list of canon Dynasts and what we know about them. Maybe throw together some family trees etc. Realizing this is a massive undertaking, I don't actually know that much about the inner workings of the Realm, and a lot of others would likely be interested in this kind of info, I decided that I would push it out to the community and make a big project out of it.

    Right now this is really only the barest of ideas that I haven't thought through all that much, so lets keep it simple for now. Let's go with Character Name, Relevant Sources including page numbers, and possibly a brief description of why someone might be interested in the character.

    Edit: I'm going to start putting together a spreadsheet, but I'm not that great at making them look nice and readable, so if someone else wants to put that together I wouldn't object

    Edit 2: may as well put up spreadsheet. Going is currently slow. Feel free to make changes.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Hark; 04-24-2017, 02:44 PM.

  • #2
    I remember back in the old forums, we had a thread where we put a list together of all of the canon Exalted along with the book in which they appeared, including the Dragon Blooded of course. If someone still has that list, it would make this exercise much easier, since it would just be a matter of looking on that list to see which Terrestrials were part of the Realm.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
      I remember back in the old forums, we had a thread where we put a list together of all of the canon Exalted along with the book in which they appeared, including the Dragon Blooded of course. If someone still has that list, it would make this exercise much easier, since it would just be a matter of looking on that list to see which Terrestrials were part of the Realm.
      Something like this?

      Comment


      • #4
        Aw hell, why not?

        In terms of feel, the previous Devs said to read Aspect Book Air.

        Tepet Arada - Aspect Book Air - Aging and famous Realm General
        Mnemon - Aspect Book Earth - Head of House Mnemon
        Cathak Cainan - Aspect Book Fire - Frontrunner for the Scarlet Throne
        Sesus Nagezzer "The Slug" - Aspect Book Wood - Information broker
        Peleps Deled - Aspect Book Water - Shikari of the Wyld Hunt
        Cynis Belar Norren - Aspect Book Wood - Notable spy
        Tepet Ejava "The Roseblack" - Aspect Book Wood - Skilled General, granddaughter of Tepet Arada
        Ragara Bhagwei - Aspect Book Wood - Notable sorcerer, grandson of the Empress
        V'neef Celtis - Aspect Book Wood - Realm Folk-Hero and rogue general serving in the North
        Cathak Cacek Marn - Aspect Book Wood - Notable Gateway player, military leader.serving in the East, possible House of Bells instructor.
        V'neef Keersa Kalla - Aspect Book Wood - Notable preformer, three time widow, Lookshyan connections.
        Autumn Spiral - Ledaal Ansharu - Aspect Book Wood - notable Immaculate monk, tutor to Sesus Nagezzer, close friend
        Cynis Anbor - Aspect Book Wood - Master of Great Forks's slave and Drug Cartel, noted motherfucker, pedophile and serial killer (That suddenly went a dark place didn't it?)
        Peleps Japhen - Aspect Book Water - protege to Nellens Baeden
        Ragar Takar - Aspect Book Water - Member of the Spiral academy and the Scarlet Orchid society.
        Peleps Aramida - Aspect Book Water - Notable Realm naval commander
        Nellens Baeden - Aspect Book Water - Captain of the Grace of Daana'd, smuggler and drug trader
        V'neef Odessa - Aspect Book Water - Captain's Second of the Queen of Pearls, skilled diplomat and servant of house V'neef.
        Mnemon Tynalit Bera - Aspect Book Water - Chief Librarian of the Imperial Library
        Tepet Yasal - Aspect Book Water - Famous boxer, instructor at the House of Bells
        Peleps Danic Damanchina - Aspect Book Fire - Member of the Thousand Scales, ambitious bureaucrat
        Nellens Malakai - Aspect Book Fire - notable sorcerer, minor Nellens celebrity,
        Cynis Denovah Avaku - Aspect Book Fire - Doubting Shikari of the Wyld Hunt, notable young Legion officer
        Sesus Rafara - Aspect Book Fire - Assassin and master spy
        Sesus Taikona - Aspect Book Fire - Dedicated diplomat, brought Valis into the Realm
        V'neef Bijar - Aspect Book Fire - Least favorite daughter of V'neef,
        Sesus Chenow Lahor - Aspect Book Fire - Realm commander and rapist, stationed in the Northeast
        Sesus Chenow Tessani - Aspect Book Fire - Next in line for rulership of the Chenow line of house Sesus
        Senator Cathak Cacek Matarin - Aspect Book Fire - Aging realm senator, major player in house Cathak's political strategy
        Sesys Magel Kenruyo - Aspect Book Fire - Noted sorcerer-surgeon, innovator
        Sesus Magel Talor - Aspect Book Fire - Self-Interested uncle to Kenruyo
        Sesus Magel Alon - Aspect Book Fire - Self-Interested aunt to Kenruyo
        Cynis Takgana - Aspect Book Earth - Member of the Iron Horses, itinerant monk, member of the Immaculate Order. One-time betrothed to Peleps Dekna
        Peleps Dekna -Aspect Book Earth - Noted Anathema of the Solar Exalted
        Crow - Aspect Book Earth - Outcaste instructor at Pasiap's Stair
        Ragara Jasir - Aspect Book Earth - Skilled manipulator and spymaster
        Moias - Aspect Book Earth - Realm Magistrate
        Imminent Thunder - Aspect Book Earth - Ancient Immaculate Master, Wyld Hunt Shikari
        Dutiful Sparrow - Aspect Book Earth - Sorceress, Outcaste and demon-hunter
        Cynis Janism - Aspect Book Earth - Cynis reformer, Vintner
        Ledaal Chiska - Aspect Book Earth - Sorceress and worshipper of Autochthon
        Ragara Myrrun - Aspect Book Earth - Grandson of Ragara


        Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
        Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

        Comment


        • #5
          The 3e Core rule book was significantly less helpful than expected. 2e Core has lots of interesting characters though.

          Edit: Added link to spread sheet in OP.
          Last edited by Hark; 04-24-2017, 02:45 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Saur Ops Specialist View Post

            That was probably it indeed! Thanks for the link.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well up over 130 Names. Lots of details need filling in as most the names are from 1e Sources and my collection is pretty light on the 1e books. Maybe somebody else with the books can go through and fill out details they can find. For now I'm going to take a break then get back to combing through books that I have.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Arian Dynas View Post
                Aw hell, why not?

                In terms of feel, the previous Devs said to read Aspect Book Air.

                Tepet Arada - Aspect Book Air - Aging and famous Realm General
                Mnemon - Aspect Book Earth - Head of House Mnemon
                Cathak Cainan - Aspect Book Fire - Frontrunner for the Scarlet Throne
                Sesus Nagezzer "The Slug" - Aspect Book Wood - Information broker
                Peleps Deled - Aspect Book Water - Shikari of the Wyld Hunt
                Cynis Belar Norren - Aspect Book Wood - Notable spy
                Tepet Ejava "The Roseblack" - Aspect Book Wood - Skilled General, granddaughter of Tepet Arada
                Ragara Bhagwei - Aspect Book Wood - Notable sorcerer, grandson of the Empress
                V'neef Celtis - Aspect Book Wood - Realm Folk-Hero and rogue general serving in the North
                Cathak Cacek Marn - Aspect Book Wood - Notable Gateway player, military leader.serving in the East, possible House of Bells instructor.
                V'neef Keersa Kalla - Aspect Book Wood - Notable preformer, three time widow, Lookshyan connections.
                Autumn Spiral - Ledaal Ansharu - Aspect Book Wood - notable Immaculate monk, tutor to Sesus Nagezzer, close friend
                Cynis Anbor - Aspect Book Wood - Master of Great Forks's slave and Drug Cartel, noted motherfucker, pedophile and serial killer (That suddenly went a dark place didn't it?)
                Peleps Japhen - Aspect Book Water - protege to Nellens Baeden
                Ragar Takar - Aspect Book Water - Member of the Spiral academy and the Scarlet Orchid society.
                Peleps Aramida - Aspect Book Water - Notable Realm naval commander
                Nellens Baeden - Aspect Book Water - Captain of the Grace of Daana'd, smuggler and drug trader
                V'neef Odessa - Aspect Book Water - Captain's Second of the Queen of Pearls, skilled diplomat and servant of house V'neef.
                Mnemon Tynalit Bera - Aspect Book Water - Chief Librarian of the Imperial Library
                Tepet Yasal - Aspect Book Water - Famous boxer, instructor at the House of Bells
                Peleps Danic Damanchina - Aspect Book Fire - Member of the Thousand Scales, ambitious bureaucrat
                Nellens Malakai - Aspect Book Fire - notable sorcerer, minor Nellens celebrity,
                Cynis Denovah Avaku - Aspect Book Fire - Doubting Shikari of the Wyld Hunt, notable young Legion officer
                Sesus Rafara - Aspect Book Fire - Assassin and master spy
                Sesus Taikona - Aspect Book Fire - Dedicated diplomat, brought Valis into the Realm
                V'neef Bijar - Aspect Book Fire - Least favorite daughter of V'neef,
                Sesus Chenow Lahor - Aspect Book Fire - Realm commander and rapist, stationed in the Northeast
                Sesus Chenow Tessani - Aspect Book Fire - Next in line for rulership of the Chenow line of house Sesus
                Senator Cathak Cacek Matarin - Aspect Book Fire - Aging realm senator, major player in house Cathak's political strategy
                Sesys Magel Kenruyo - Aspect Book Fire - Noted sorcerer-surgeon, innovator
                Sesus Magel Talor - Aspect Book Fire - Self-Interested uncle to Kenruyo
                Sesus Magel Alon - Aspect Book Fire - Self-Interested aunt to Kenruyo
                Cynis Takgana - Aspect Book Earth - Member of the Iron Horses, itinerant monk, member of the Immaculate Order. One-time betrothed to Peleps Dekna
                Peleps Dekna -Aspect Book Earth - Noted Anathema of the Solar Exalted
                Crow - Aspect Book Earth - Outcaste instructor at Pasiap's Stair
                Ragara Jasir - Aspect Book Earth - Skilled manipulator and spymaster
                Moias - Aspect Book Earth - Realm Magistrate
                Imminent Thunder - Aspect Book Earth - Ancient Immaculate Master, Wyld Hunt Shikari
                Dutiful Sparrow - Aspect Book Earth - Sorceress, Outcaste and demon-hunter
                Cynis Janism - Aspect Book Earth - Cynis reformer, Vintner
                Ledaal Chiska - Aspect Book Earth - Sorceress and worshipper of Autochthon
                Ragara Myrrun - Aspect Book Earth - Grandson of Ragara
                Small correction, Sesus Alon is not a member of the Magel branch of House Sesus. She's actually mistress of her own household, an older branch that is heavily involved in Deliberative politics. Everything else seems right at a glance though!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shinjo View Post

                  Small correction, Sesus Alon is not a member of the Magel branch of House Sesus. She's actually mistress of her own household, an older branch that is heavily involved in Deliberative politics. Everything else seems right at a glance though!

                  ...

                  Well damn.

                  Now I'm impressed.


                  Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
                  Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    At this point I'm calling it a night. Updated a lot of info based on the content in MoEP: Dragon-Blooded and have the number of Dynasts up to almost 150. If anybody wants to continue where I left off it was MoEP: Dragon-Blooded page 45 with House Sesus.

                    If anyone can think of any useful fields to add it would be welcome. I'm currently using "Name" "Source" "Description" "Aspect" "House" and "Location"
                    Pipe dream for this project may include a map featuring the Locations one might expect to find given DB's and their Holdings, so location is nice to have.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is a *glorious* resource. if I ever truly get to run my Blessed Isle game, this will be an invaluable document to me. I mean its a 150 ready NPCs to build a Dynastic epic around.


                      May you live in interesting times...

                      Storyteller of Sun Forged Oath

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well, heading into final projects and finals for the semester, so I won't be able to devote all that much time to this. However, 150 in a day is a very solid start, and the project is still open for anyone to contribute if they want.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I added the Wyld Hunt of the Office of Harmony from the appendix of Cult of the Illuminated onto the bottom of your list. They're an interesting bunch, in my opinion the best part of that book.


                          Currently writing for Exigents.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Shinjo View Post
                            Small correction, Sesus Alon is not a member of the Magel branch of House Sesus. She's actually mistress of her own household, an older branch that is heavily involved in Deliberative politics. Everything else seems right at a glance though!
                            When/If I get my hands on that Aspect Book: Fire I'll review the section and see if there isn't 2 characters going by the name Alon.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Finished off Manual of Exalted Power: Dragon-Blooded. Moving on to Compass of Celestial Directions: The Blessed Isle. This one should be a wealth of info on characters.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X