Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adversaries of the Righteous: Harrowing Silence

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/210741

Looks cool, though there's an error in the charm description for Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit.
    All in all, seems like fun, though I'm a little sad it's nothing really new.

So, it's... a microtransaction? I... hm.

Homebrew: Lunar Charms for 3e

Solar Charm Rewrite (Complete) (Now with Charm cards!)

Comment

They are releasing it in chunks then releasing the complete book.

I can use this in my game with a little reskining

Comment

I think she's an intersting character overall. She even has a pretty time-neutral backstory, so I can see her being an antagonist for a mortals or Dragon-Blooded game very easily. Having some Solar Anathema skulking in the wilds and picking off your team might be a great use of her.

I'm curious, since this wasn't stated before, of a few things with though.
        - How many total characters are going to be in here? Is the total cost of the product comparable to the indivdiual purchases?
        - Will they all be Solar characters? If so, wouldn't these basically be pre-built characters by another name? Righ tnow it looks like this character is an Essence 2 Solar with her Charms reworded for an NPC format, but I think that it wouldn't hurt to be clear on what the actual design gaol of this is since I expected something more like a QC.
        - Will the Bestiary also only have one thing in it or will there be more critters per entry?

Also, there's a mistake in the Charm blocks also where the first one isn't bolded.

And stuff.

And stuff.
        Made signature by request. Any typing of "And stuff." is out of conditioned reflex.

Comment

The one discussion on the RPGDrive page mentions that "The charm description for Hardship-Surviving Mendicant Spirit lists the effects of Flashing Nocturne Prana instead." Just thought I'd post that here.

Comment

I like her, I like her art and I like her story. It is a bit disappointing though, as I was hoping Adversaries of the Righteous would offer more mechanically unique characters rather than a character constructed as a Solar using Solar Charms. I hope that other products in the series are more interesting, so I will continue to support it if they are.
            Last edited by Leetsepeak; 04-29-2017, 04:30 PM.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

It's good to see a first piece for the upcoming antagonists book being released, but I have to acho the feelings above. I like the character presented and her story, but I was expecting something a bit different. There's still plenty of time and room to see mechanically unique and distinct enemies in Adversaries of the Righteous, and that's what I'm most looking forward to. I'm very likely going to buy the whole thing when it's collected, but I'm going to pass on this one for said reasons.

Some of the things I hope we'll see, which I'll happily buy in slices, would be entirely new spirits of all kinds, beings from the Wyld, exceptional oddities in the world of Creation, and maybe a few examples of known Exalted for which player character coverage is still distant.

Comment

I do plan on getting the collected PDF on general principle to support the line, but I really don't need help coming up with ideas for Solar NPCs. I'm much more interested in seeing more spirits or weird antagonists along the lines of Mist.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
                [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
                [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Eh, I would've preferred a non-Solar being as the first antagonist. She's not a bad character and it's nice to have an example of a Solar QC, but I feel like we need a little more diversity in our antagonists if we're gonna be buying this stuff; Core gives us everything we need and then some to make antagonistic Solars, but we're a little short on Sidereals, Raksha, Lunars, Abyssals, and so on for the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaque View Post
                    Will they all be Solar characters?
                    No, they will not all be Solar characters.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Seems pretty good to me so far. I love her backstory. You guys did a pretty good job with this, keep up the awesome work.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

Hey folks,

I'm the developer for the Adversaries of the Righteous project and we've got a lot of interesting stuff (if I say so myself) planned. As Eric mentioned, they won't all be Solars, just a couple that we Manda and I had interesting ideas about and wanted to share. In addition to individual NPCs, we have some factions/group planned as well.

-MMM

Operations Manager - Onyx Path Publishing
                        Owner/Editor - FlamesRising.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-M-McElroy View Post
                          Hey folks,

I'm the developer for the Adversaries of the Righteous project and we've got a lot of interesting stuff (if I say so myself) planned. As Eric mentioned, they won't all be Solars, just a couple that we Manda and I had interesting ideas about and wanted to share. In addition to individual NPCs, we have some factions/group planned as well.

-MMM
                          Sounds very cool. Oh, if we buy all the pieces individually, will we get a free copy of the compiled book? Can we buy a subscription for the entire thing now, like we did for Compass: Autochthonia?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post

Sounds very cool. Oh, if we buy all the pieces individually, will we get a free copy of the compiled book? Can we buy a subscription for the entire thing now, like we did for Compass: Autochthonia?
                            Seconding the request for the subscription option.

Comment

Subscription would be great. I'd buy all the things individually but not if I'd then be expected to pay again for the final book. A subscription would resolve the dilemma.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                              X