X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demac
    replied
    Originally posted by DArchon5 View Post
    Ah, I see what my problem was, I thought I had to download the file as an Excel Sheet instead of making a copy in my Drive. Thanks for clarifying it.

No problem. Yeah, the thing with Excel was that it requires people to have already puchased a copy of it. Not everyone has it, and Excel uses Visual Basic as the basis for it's macros along where Google Sheets uses java script as its base. So I'd basically be doubling my work by keeping both versions of the sheet up to date.

Leave a comment:

• DArchon5
    replied
    Ah, I see what my problem was, I thought I had to download the file as an Excel Sheet instead of making a copy in my Drive. Thanks for clarifying it.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    I updated the instructions telling everyone that they need to download a copy of the sheet first. I also saved it to where the instructions are showing when you first enter the sheet.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    DArchon5 and shadowninja, did you download the sheet to your own google drive first? You need to make sure you save a copy of it to a place you have access to make changes. If you did that, then the custom menu DECCT Menu, Manage Character Menu, and Customization Menu should all load fine.

If that's not the issue you're having, can I get some more details?

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    Originally posted by DArchon5 View Post
    This may sound stupid, but how do I open the customization menus?
    You should just be able to open it at the top. I'll check out the issue for you and shadowninja later today when I get a chance

Leave a comment:

• shadowninja
    replied
    I have the same problem!

Leave a comment:

• DArchon5
    replied
    This may sound stupid, but how do I open the customization menus?

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    Okay so version 2.21 is complete now with the minor exception of any sorcerous merits that might be offered later in the chapter. Other than that, Demac's Character Creation Tool is ready for use in Dragon-Blooded campaign. Here's the link to the latest version. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g_...td3pDbZpaOxx4o

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    So here's a preview of version 2.21. Basically the main things it's lacking right now is the information for Ox-bodies and charms that give excellency-style effects for abilities that won't be released until next week's manuscript.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fS...I7pvcbsRPIbrBw

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    I'm working on getting my character creation tool updated for Dragon-Blooded. It's about 99% done. Unfortunately, the last 1% is actual code instead of updating some numbers on a database (they just had to go ahead and make the default starting essence for Dragon-Blooded 2 instead of 1, didn't they? ). Of course I won't be able to finish it this week because the rules for Dragon-Blooded Ox-Bodies haven't been released. However, I might release a preview if there's interest.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    Version 2.2 is out!

This version added in the use of siege weapons to the equipment page. I also added the (Intelligence + War) and (Intelligence + Sail) dice pools into the decisive attack list (which automatically makes them available for withering attacks). This means you won't need to use the Special attack slot to get correct calculations for siege weapons. Be sure to add the "Siege" tag to your siege weapons in order to get the correct calculation.

I've added a way to customize the decisive attack pools that appear on the printable character sheet. I did this because the addition of two extra decisive attack pools would have messed with the formatting of the printable sheet so instead of altering the formatting, I chose in increase the user's ability to customize their sheet. There are 6 slots on the printable sheet for decisive attack pools. If you place the number of the slot you want the pool to appear in next to the decisive attack pool on the "Character Traits - Attributes and Abilities" page (which can be accessed once you've converted your character to an experienced character), that pool will appear in the appropriate slot on the printable sheet.

Changed the formula's I'm using to calculate damage. I'm doing this because I'm playing with ideas on how to create the ability to add customized weapons tags in the system.

Additionally, people might notice that I now only have one splat for Dragon-Blooded instead of 3. I did this because the developers have made comments in the past about not having "tiered" character generation within a splat. Dragon-Blooded have 6 specialties available instead of 4. These changes were made in preparation for the Dragon-Blooded book (which is still a long way out).

As always, I welcome feedback on the sheet and ideas about what can go into it in the future.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    So I just updated version 2.1. The printable sheets were pointed at the character creation sheets and not the experienced character sheets. I fixed the problem, but for anyone that's already downloaded the sheet, they can fix it by using the find and replace feature. On each of the printable sheets, you'll need to search for "Character Generation" and replace it with "Character Traits". Be sure to use the "Also search within formulas" function when you run these searches.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    I've released version 2.1 of my character creation tool. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    A new version of my character creation tool is available. I've made some major updates to it.
    DECCT is capable of handling functions:
    • Easy to use menu that automatically displays and hides sheets based on whether or not you are using them.
    • Printable character sheets.
    • Martial Arts attacks are calculated using the highest Martial Arts ability.
    • Attacks made with a Martial Arts ability rated lower than your Highest Martial Arts ability.
    • Attacks made with non-combat abilities.
      • Example: The Burning Name
    • Soak and Health Levels calculations that are effected by Charms and Merits.
    • Charm calculations that automatically take into account free spells from sorcery charms.
    • Weapon Tags that automatically effect the appropriate attack and damage pools.
    It can be accessed here.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    Update (v 1.1)

Problem: Parry calculation would not calculate correctly when the same ability was used for two weapons of different weapon types. This most commonly manifest itself when I martial artist wanted to list their unarmed attack as well as a "Close: Medium" weapon and/or "Close: Heavy" mundane weapon. The vlookup formula would always use the the top weapon wielded by the duplicated ability.

Resolution: Added section in the Parry Calculation sheet to separate the weapon's Parry bonuses by ability and then changed the Parry calculation formula to take the highest bonus for that ability.

Problem: Parry did not calculated on Special attacks. This was a problem for those who wanted to use the Special attack feature to represent a second martial arts style instead of a ranged attack like The Burning Name or Death of Obsidian Butterflies.

Resolution: Added Special attacks to the Parry Calculation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X