X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demac
    started a topic Demac's Exalted Character Creation Tool

Demac's Exalted Character Creation Tool

So version 2.21 of my character creation tool is released. To those of you who are new to the tool, Demac's Exalted Character Creation Tool is specifically designed with the idea that you can go into the sheet and easily customize it to your game needs with just a little knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets.

Version 2.21of my character creation tool is now available. I've made some major updates to it from version 2.2:
    • First and foremost: IT SUPPORTS DRAGON-BLOODED CHARACTER CREATION (I'll pretend I hear some applause)
    • You can now shift easily between creating a new exalt and an experienced Exalt at character creation.
    • Caste and Aspect abilities now automatically update when the Caste/Aspect field is changed. That means with Solars, the list of available options for each ability (Caste, Favored, or Unfavored) automatically updates. For Dragon-Blooded, Aspect Abilities are automatically marked as such. Contrast this with version 2.2 and before where you had to update your template after changing your caste and you'll see that the workflow is much smoother.
    • I corrected a mistake with the printable sheet that made it not update the Excellency/Specialty markers next to the ability name after character creation.
    You should also notice that some charm names and all merits appear in a list in the appropriate field. The charm names are only those charm names that require an exact spelling for certain calculations to work correctly in the sheet (i.e. sorcery/necromancy charms, Ox-Body Technique, and all the Dragon-Blooded Excellency charms). If the charm you want isn't in this list, then you shouldn't worry because you wont' get an error message for populating the field with a value not in the list.

As of today (4/17/18), we don't have the sorcery merits that will be offered in Dragon-Blooded: What Fire has Wrought so they obviously aren't on the merit list yet. I'll do a quick update of that list when we get them. Otherwise, enjoy version 2.21

DECCT is capable of handling these functions:
    • Easy to use menus that automatically displays and hides sheets based on whether or not you are using them.
    • Printable character sheets.
    • Martial Arts attacks are calculated using the highest Martial Arts ability.
    • Attacks made with a Martial Arts ability rated lower than your Highest Martial Arts ability.
    • Attacks made with non-combat abilities.
      • Example: The Burning Name
    • Soak and Health Levels calculations that are effected by Charms and Merits.
    • Charm calculations that automatically take into account free spells from sorcery charms.
    • Weapon Tags that automatically effect the appropriate attack and damage pools.
    • Automatic Bonus Point Calculation for New Characters.
    • Automatic XP Calculation
      • supports both regular and solar XP awards and calculations.
    • Custom Character Creation Rules
    • Custom Splat Creation (Found in the Engage the Exigence) menu option
    • Siege Weapons (weapon calculation and the pools needed to use them)
    • Customizing the Decisive attack pools that appear on the printable sheet.
    Here's the link to the Google Drive folder.

Here's the link to the latest version.
    Last edited by Demac; 04-17-2018, 10:02 AM.

• Demac
    replied
    New question for everyone:

how many sorcerous rituals do people need? I'm thinking about reassigning some of the slots for sorcerous rituals to be used for hearts blood library/animal innate ability purchases.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    Originally posted by The MG View Post
    Stamina 1-2: −2x
    Stamina 3-4: −2x2/−4
    Stamina 5: −1/−2/−4x2

You automatically gain the Excellency of a Caste/Favoured Attribute if you have 3+ dots in it, or have at least one Charm. This rises to 5 dots or two Charms for non-Favoured Attributes. They are not named Charms.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• The MG
    replied
    Originally posted by Demac View Post
    1) Ox-bodies: I know they work like the Solar Ox-Body but I need to know what health levels are granted at each level of stamina.
    Stamina 1-2: −2x
    Stamina 3-4: −2x2/−4
    Stamina 5: −1/−2/−4x2

2) Excellencies: How do lunar's acquire excellencies? Is it similar to solars in that they automatically get them or more like the Dragon-Blooded where you get your dice adders rolled into the effects of other charms. If the later, I need to know the names of the charms that grant the excellencies so I can incorporate them into the logic on the character sheet.
    You automatically gain the Excellency of a Caste/Favoured Attribute if you have 3+ dots in it, or have at least one Charm. This rises to 5 dots or two Charms for non-Favoured Attributes. They are not named Charms.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    Okay everyone, so here's the deal: I wasn't actually able to back the lunar kickstarter due to some other financial obligations at the time. I was able to procure the character generation rules and have about 80% of what's necessary to update the tool completed. That being said, I don't have the charms:

So here's what I need from you guys:

1) Ox-bodies: I know they work like the Solar Ox-Body but I need to know what health levels are granted at each level of stamina.
    2) Excellencies: How do lunar's acquire excellencies? Is it similar to solars in that they automatically get them or more like the Dragon-Blooded where you get your dice adders rolled into the effects of other charms. If the later, I need to know the names of the charms that grant the excellencies so I can incorporate them into the logic on the character sheet.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    Okay so I can confirm now that when it updates, it will be able to handle the casteless discount on attributes for both BP and XP. I'm still hashing out the details on how I'm going to handle the paradigm shift on attribute BP costs away from the primary/secondary/tertiary structure into the favored/unfavored structured.

Leave a comment:

• squidheadjax
    replied

I'm updating for lunars now. I haven't gotten a chance to look at the BP and XP costs yet.
    Yay!

That'll be awesome. I'm kinda super dependent on your sheet to fiddle with the numbery stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    Originally posted by squidheadjax View Post
    Are there any plans to update this to accomodate Lunars and their divergence in casted and casteless attribute BP costs?
    I'm updating for lunars now. I haven't gotten a chance to look at the BP and XP costs yet.

Leave a comment:

• squidheadjax
    replied
    Are there any plans to update this to accomodate Lunars and their divergence in casted and casteless attribute BP costs?

Leave a comment:

• saaxilk
    replied
    I just downloaded the version and read all of them to have my version working, great effort! thank you very much

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    I had someone report to me that the drop downs for the specialties weren't working. I fixed that.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    Originally posted by Ren9077 View Post
    I made a copy to my own Drive. It's still in View Only. Instead of asking me for permissions on my own copy, it's trying to contact the owner, which I imagine is you. If I'm understanding this correctly, approving this will authorize me to make changes to the original...

I think I got an email request for access for you. I'll reply back to that email and help you troubleshoot that way.

Leave a comment:

• Ren9077
    replied
    I made a copy to my own Drive. It's still in View Only. Instead of asking me for permissions on my own copy, it's trying to contact the owner, which I imagine is you. If I'm understanding this correctly, approving this will authorize me to make changes to the original...

Leave a comment:

• DArchon5
    replied
    Ok, so now I'm having trouble with the Caste Abilities, every time I try to select them I only get the choice of F and #N/A.

Leave a comment:

• Demac
    replied
    Originally posted by DArchon5 View Post
    Ah, I see what my problem was, I thought I had to download the file as an Excel Sheet instead of making a copy in my Drive. Thanks for clarifying it.

No problem. Yeah, the thing with Excel was that it requires people to have already puchased a copy of it. Not everyone has it, and Excel uses Visual Basic as the basis for it's macros along where Google Sheets uses java script as its base. So I'd basically be doubling my work by keeping both versions of the sheet up to date.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X