Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Character Generator

Hello,

Me and Yoyoda worked a big amount of time on this Excel & Libreoffice (v6+) "Character Generator"

To use it click & save on hard drive, THEN open it (or this pecky read-only mode will mess everything)
    Excel : http://refhi.free.fr/exalted3/Fiche%...b.xlsx
    LibreOffice : http://refhi.free.fr/exalted3/Fiche%...ab.ods

Its main features :
    - give a user-friendly (a complete newbie should be able to make a character. Almost.) way to quickly/easily build characters throught the initial points repartition, the bonus point part, the XP spending and the printing (if you want).
    - automatic scores and defense calculations including weapons and armors !
    - automatic Charms description
    - Charms Prerequisites ! (abilities and attributes)
    - Upgradable ! (witch means : once your done building your caracter, a simple copy/past of 3 specifics columns allows you to enjoy the futures version of this tool without making all over gain)
    - no macros
    - plenty of advanced but sturdy excel formula for those who like to dig (I really like the custum Vlookup+1 and the [lvl]x[lvl-1]x0,5 for the xp calculation)
    - Crushable formulas ! (ok, it's not a feature, but for some cells we had no choice. Though all important formulas are protected so nothing bad should happen)

For now it's version 3.9 Charms update !.(Custom charms & DB charms) We'll put any update here and in the discussion.
    Please note that this page might of might not be up to date. Check the lasts posts to check if a new version isn't out !

We welcome any feedback ! (Constructive or not) or ideas about improving this stuff. As well as filled sheet with your character (just PM me to get my mail) to help us understand how people use the sheet.

If the devs allows it, please consider that it's under CC license :
    Last edited by Refhi; 04-10-2019, 05:24 PM.

French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
    Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
    Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

As someone who built their own character creation in Excel, I appreciate how much work you guys obviously put into it. It looks nice.

My Exalted Character Creation Tool may be downloaded here. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.
    Exalted: Seats of Power is a homebrewed manse creation system.
    I have a rewrite of the craft system which can be downloaded here.
    I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

Yes, I admit it has been quite a few hours of work. Many little details as the rules can be tricky. Do not hesitate to send us feedbacks of your tests so we can fix errors and prepare improvements and updates.

Craft (Excel) x x x o o
      Craft (IKEA) x x o o o
      Socialize o o o o o (= geek)

Comment

Haven't had time to dive into it but it certainly looks really clean and well-made!

As with all character sheet creators I've seen, I'll ask the same questions to you: can your sheet handle special attack pools, such as with The Burning Name? Can it factor specialties or other unique bonuses into attack pools?

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
        I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Hi The Unsung Hero,
          As for now when you choose weapons you also choose the ability you wish to use. We limited this to martial abilities (i.e. Archery, Brawl, Melee, Martial Arts and Thrown) and additionnal abilities but we can quite easily upgrade the "Ability List" to encompass all abilities including Occult.
          Concerning specialties, we used a Tick Box at the beginning of each weapon line that automatically changes Precision values. We did not implement special attacks such as granted by Tags for now... Did you have something specific in mind ?
          Thanks for your feedback, I will add the "Ablitiy List Upgrade" to our ToDoList for next version.
          Last edited by Yoyoda76; 05-04-2017, 01:48 PM.

Craft (Excel) x x x o o
          Craft (IKEA) x x o o o

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyoda76 View Post
            Hi The Unsung Hero,
            As for now when you choose weapons you also choose the ability you wish to use. We limited this to martial abilities (i.e. Archery, Brawl, Melee, Martial Arts and Thrown) and additionnal abilities but we can quite easily upgrade the "Ability List" to encompass all abilities including Occult.
            Concerning specialties, we used a Tick Box at the beginning of each weapon line that automatically changes Precision values. We did not implement special attacks such as granted by Tags for now... Did you have something specific in mind ?
            Thanks for your feedback, I will add the "Ablitiy List Upgrade" to our ToDoList for next version.
            My character is a sorcerer. He fights using The Burning Name, which is an Intelligence + Occult attack, but acts as a Ranged attack so gets a Thrown style accuracy modifier. Additionally, I have a specialty is magical flame attacks, so I get to add that to my attack roll. I'd love a sheet that can handle those kinds of numbers, even if it's a manual "I want to add +1 to this attack pool all the time"

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

My character is a sorcerer. He fights using The Burning Name, which is an Intelligence + Occult attack, but acts as a Ranged attack so gets a Thrown style accuracy modifier. Additionally, I have a specialty is magical flame attacks, so I get to add that to my attack roll. I'd love a sheet that can handle those kinds of numbers, even if it's a manual "I want to add +1 to this attack pool all the time"
              The Tick Box will add +1 to the pool easily (already functionning). The tricky part will be to enable using INT instead of DEX as space is scarce on the sheet to add another drop down list... *Brainstorming mode ON*...

Craft (Excel) x x x o o
              Craft (IKEA) x x o o o

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyoda76 View Post
                Hi The Unsung Hero,
                The major issue I found with adding this functionality is that often times the attribute associated with the attack is not Dexterity. The two attack spells in the book both use Perception and the Burning Name uses Intelligence. I wound up settling on just adding a box that let you declare what the special pool is. You can either add the number or type in the Excel formula. It's not an elegant solution by any means, but the alternative is that you have to figure out a way to input the attribute for the attack pool.

EDIT: You appear to already be all over it.
                Last edited by Demac; 05-04-2017, 02:09 PM.

My Exalted Character Creation Tool may be downloaded here. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.
                Exalted: Seats of Power is a homebrewed manse creation system.
                I have a rewrite of the craft system which can be downloaded here.
                I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

v0.93
                  changelog :
                  - you can now choose the attribute a weapon is using (be it a custom one or a corebook one).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...k9WdlppZExPbjg

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

Problem should be solved, may you test it and send your feedback please ?
                    Last edited by Yoyoda76; 05-10-2017, 03:42 PM.

Craft (Excel) x x x o o
                    Craft (IKEA) x x o o o

Comment

Changelog (v0.94)
                      - Nicer help on the sides
                      - Fixed broken Bonus Points Calculation
                      - the links now always point to the latest version
                      Last edited by Refhi; 05-14-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Changelog (v0.95)
                        - Unlocked 16th charm in Creation_1
                        - Fixed misscalculation of HP
                        - added Weapons/Armor help
                        - fixed lack of white backgroud in Creation_XP (M42:48)
                        - Fixed bug found upon impression : weapon values now shows properly when > 10 instead of #
                        - Fixed Dodge Armor Speciality checkboxes

/!\ please check that the welcome page says v0.95 /!\
                        if not empty your browser cache and try again
                        Last edited by Refhi; 05-17-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Changelog (v0.95a)
                          - Fixed Charm description bug on page Creation_XP

/!\ please check that the welcome page says v0.95a /!\
                          if not, empty your browser cache and try again
                          Last edited by Refhi; 05-20-2017, 04:08 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Changelog (v.095b)
                            - Fixed a few post-import bugs (ex. Weapons name, specialities, etc)

Comment

Changelog (v0.96)
                              - Lists in Charms selection are now reliably working in Libreoffice (yay !)
                              - We now pay* Beta-Testers for feedback !

/!\ Always check that the welcome page shows the correct version (0.96) /!\
                              else empty your browser cache and download again

*in Solar xp, your ST approval is not guarranted.

Comment

Working...
                              X