Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advanced Character Generator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Changelog (v0.97)
    - Printing now scalable and nicer ! (You can hide/show/expand some cells easy) (Print only Creation_XP or it will be messy... fix in progress)
    - Changed some list choices to optionnal for more modularity


    /!\ Always check that the welcome page shows the correct version (0.97) /!\


    French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
    Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
    Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

    Comment


    • #17
      Hi Refhi. First off, AWESOME work on this. It's a very handy tool for helping to work out characters. As someone just learning the system, it really, really helped.

      In hopes of helping improve what you've done, I have two bugs and a suggestion.

      Bug 1: If you have the Giant Merit, the extra Health level is not reflected on your sheet.
      Bug 2: If you have an Artifact Weapon or Armor, the Attunement costs are only reflected in the Creation1 tab and do not carry over to BP or XP tabs. They are not reflected on the final output, either.
      Suggestion: If you have an Artifact Weapon with both Melee and Thrown tags (such as an Axe) there is no way to list it as both Melee and Thrown without it charging you Attunement twice. Perhaps a checkbox to override the cost for a duplicate entry of that sort?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Fyndhal View Post
        Hi Refhi. First off, AWESOME work on this. It's a very handy tool for helping to work out characters. As someone just learning the system, it really, really helped.

        In hopes of helping improve what you've done, I have two bugs and a suggestion.

        Bug 1: If you have the Giant Merit, the extra Health level is not reflected on your sheet.
        Bug 2: If you have an Artifact Weapon or Armor, the Attunement costs are only reflected in the Creation1 tab and do not carry over to BP or XP tabs. They are not reflected on the final output, either.
        Suggestion: If you have an Artifact Weapon with both Melee and Thrown tags (such as an Axe) there is no way to list it as both Melee and Thrown without it charging you Attunement twice. Perhaps a checkbox to override the cost for a duplicate entry of that sort?
        Thank you very much for your feedback. Glad our work helps a bit ^^

        I've fixed the bugs and implemented your suggestion : if you have two line with the same artefact (i.e. the same name) the attunement cost will only be taken once. If you have other feedback or suggestions please let us know :-)


        Changelog (v0.98)
        - Added flaws and supernatural merits
        - Fixed scalable lines in _XP
        - Fixed Attunement Cost calculation
        - Reworked completely the Health Lvl calculation, and now Giant Reflect properly on them

        /!\ Version is now v0.98, be sure it's shown on the Welcome tab. If not empty your browser cache /!\


        French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
        Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
        Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

        Comment


        • #19
          Hi, first of all this looks really good. But it would be nice if you had space to specify lore ability. Like with craft since the rulebook says you have to select which field of lore you are studying. I had to implement this midway into my own campaign.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Sungamer View Post
            Hi, first of all this looks really good. But it would be nice if you had space to specify lore ability. Like with craft since the rulebook says you have to select which field of lore you are studying. I had to implement this midway into my own campaign.
            Unlike with Craft, though, you only ever have a single Lore rating.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Morangias View Post
              Unlike with Craft, though, you only ever have a single Lore rating.
              True but you still have to indicate what areas of expertise in lore you have studied.


              Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
                True but you still have to indicate what areas of expertise in lore you have studied.
                Hurm... My fist answer would have been "use specialties", but "Lore areas of expertise can be expanded with specialties and role-playing"... so I guess we'll have to come up with something.

                Do you think a lone box just next to "Lore" would be ok ? (I know that won't be enough, but we're short on space...)

                For now you can use the "specialties" or "background". I'll talk with Yoyoda76 who is way better than me to organize the sheet


                French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
                Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
                Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

                Comment


                • #23
                  Hello Refhi, I'd like to thank you for all the effort you've put into this. It's certainly made character creation a bit easier for me.

                  One bug I noticed seems to be the charm Majestic Radiant Presence. When selected, the description box just says "Meditation" which is the last word of its prerequisite.

                  Thank you again for your efforts so far!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Changelog (v0.99)
                    - Fixed a cell in the welcome page in Libreoffice Version (or not, still bugy >.<)
                    - Added a few informations in Comments box to help in Libreoffice (for lines scaling notably)
                    - Charms descriptions cells are now in blue
                    - Improved the explanations for Export/Import
                    - You can now use the MA Styles/Lore Domain cells for... well... put your MA Style and your Lore Domain (thx to Sungamer)
                    - Fixed a few problem on Charms Description (thx to Pelleas)
                    - Fixed Images ancors in Libreoffice (they were not moving nicely when scaling lines)

                    /!\ remember to check that it say "v0.99" in the welcome page /!\ (if not purge your browser cache and try to download again)


                    French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
                    Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
                    Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Version 1.00 !

                      We had quite enough beta-testing to say that you can use this version pretty smothly. The import/export option should now be reliable enough for you to use without afterthoughts.

                      Changelog v1.00 :
                      - Changed the way we chose the intimacies intensity to something more reliable with scaling and hiding cells (the intensity cells will fail to import to v1.00 from previous version so you'll have to fix it manually after import.)
                      - Fixed a few problem of cells color and borders
                      - Fixed a few importation problem


                      /!\ remember to check that it say "v1.00" in the welcome page /!\ (if not purge your browser cache and try to download again)

                      Please feel free to give us any feedback.


                      French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
                      Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
                      Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        There are a few bugs with specialties in weapons and armors on v1.00 >.<
                        I'll fix them asap


                        French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
                        Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
                        Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          It appears that the current versions Intimacies are a bit bugged? I can't access the drop down menu for any of the "Intensity" options, or click it at all.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Úlfhéðnar View Post
                            It appears that the current versions Intimacies are a bit bugged? I can't access the drop down menu for any of the "Intensity" options, or click it at all.
                            That as well 😥
                            I'll fix it tomorrow.
                            (meanwhile you can just unlock the sheet, it will do the trick for the Intimacies and select your spe in the _bp)


                            French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
                            Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
                            Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Ok, this time it should be ok... >.<


                              Changelog (v1.01)
                              - fixed armor and weapons specialties in _XP
                              - fixed intimacies intensity selection
                              - fixed import/export pb with weapons names /!\ After export to v.1.01 you might have to fix weapons name/specialties manually /!\


                              /!\ remember to check that it say "v1.01" in the welcome page /!\ (if not purge your browser cache and try to download again)

                              Feedback welcome to tell me if any pecky bugs a still lurking around ^^


                              French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
                              Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
                              Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                /!\ check if the version you downloaded say 1.03 in the welcome page. If not purge your cache or open a private browsing tab and try again /!\

                                Changelog (v1.03)
                                - fixed some charm description
                                - removed the "Soak" Column
                                - spelling corrections
                                - Better tutorial ! (color coded so you know how to choose your merits, when you did not choose a proper Supernal and so on)


                                French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
                                Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
                                Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X