Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jancarius
    replied
    I used this character sheet to generate my character for an upcoming game and it's mostly great so far. However, I have some questions on how to get it to do a few things.
    How do I add spells and martial arts gained during CC? I have Terrestial Circle Thaumaturgy and the Martial Arts merit , but the only place I could add them was on the XP spend sheet, where it's counting them as XP spent (which will throw off essence calculations).
    Related, the red arrow on Martial arts saying that I haven't taken the merit won't go away and I'm not sure why.
    I'm not sure how to add hidden lines or additional copies for charms/intimacies etc, but this is a more general future question than something I need to solve immediately

Also what is the value DC in weapons? And is there a way to put Glorious Solar Blade in so it doesn't commit motes but still appears on the sheet so I know the stats
    Last edited by Jancarius; 08-04-2019, 04:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LazzerusThanatos
    replied
    This is fantastic. Good for making notable NPCs too. I like.
    Last edited by LazzerusThanatos; 04-16-2019, 03:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Refhi
    replied
    Version 3.92 :
    - Text mouse-over where mostly disabled in the LibreOffice Version : fixed
    - When creating a Lunar, you couldn't properly select sub-ability : fixed
    - Essence 6 characters where getting an error in the essence lvl display : fixed
    - Changed the way the sheet is looking for the sub-ab drop-down list in the charm selection, it is now easier to understand and sturdier
    - Charm selection in _XP was broken after the last update : fixed

Known Issues :
    - "Keywords" is lacking in the charm description

Leave a comment:

• Maseiken
    replied
    This is really impressive! Great work! Will deffo use it to draft out new characters.

Leave a comment:

• Refhi
    replied
    BIG UPDATE !

Nabirius I think you'll like it.
    Oriares the bug you had should be fixed. Please export/import to the new version.
    Aphani thanks for the sheet and the feedback. Everything should be fixed, please export/import to the new version.

Version 3.9 ! DB Charms AND Custom Charms !
    New :

- Improved xp calculation extended to merits and alternative abilities
    - Improved charm management (from now on, you can add custom charms in the "Charm" tab, as long as you put it in the right the "sub-ability" place
    - Static values are now calculated with alternative ability/attribute if you have "Arrogant Lion Bearing" or "Sublime Fa├žade Art" IF it's better
    - Mouse-over explanations are now more numerous, most notably in the first tab
    - Bonus Point cost reminder now updated if you switch exalt kind (ex. DB/Lunar/Solar won't have the same text)
    - Errors are easier to spot when you build your caracter. Ex : if you buy martial art ability without the merit, it becomes red and the mouse-over text explain the mistake.
    - You can't go over 5 for attributes/Abilities anymore
    - Made the tutorial easier to use and to read (it is small enought to be just next to the places you need like specialities)
    - Made obvious that Lunars only have 3 specialities.
    - Color-code reminder for the Cells usage on page _1
    - The Dragon Blooded charms are here ! IT WAS A PAIN TO DO ! (please tell me if some Charm description are off)
    - CONCAT is dead !
    - less named area, hence easier to understand.
    - You can now have bigger name/concept (just scale the lines)

Known issues :
    - Uhhhhhh..... none ?
    - [edit] the Hearthstone merit have a lvl 3 coded which shoudn't exist

The Excel version is up, the LibreOffice version will be in a few minutes
    Last edited by Refhi; 04-11-2019, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Refhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Nabirius View Post
    Hey no prob, thanks for helping all of us out by making this tool.
    You're welcome !

And to say the truth I just received the wfhw pdf final version... and well... I'm on it ! ETA time about 2 weeks I'd guess ?
    (70% of the job is already done... but seriously what a pain it is... the layout is just crazy...)

oh, and while I'm at it : to all users, please send me your character sheet, it helps me understand how people use it and how I could improve it, just PM me to get my mail

Leave a comment:

• necrotek
    replied
    Originally posted by Refhi View Post

Thanks for the feedback ! I usualy only see the downloading stats to thank me (about 150 per month, quite nice I believe ?) so your comment is gladly read !

Annnnnd, as a happy Lunar Backer myself, I couldn't help my self but to update the sheet indeed !

Here's a Lunar Update ! (download in my signature) (version 3.1) Have fun !
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

now I can build abominations that should not be to my heart's content!

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Nabirius
    replied
    Hey no prob, thanks for helping all of us out by making this tool.
    Last edited by Nabirius; 03-25-2019, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Refhi
    replied
    Originally posted by necrotek View Post
    Just want to say, this is the sheet I use in every game.

Any chance you've begun work on the lunar book's additions?
    Thanks for the feedback ! I usualy only see the downloading stats to thank me (about 150 per month, quite nice I believe ?) so your comment is gladly read !

Annnnnd, as a happy Lunar Backer myself, I couldn't help my self but to update the sheet indeed !

Here's a Lunar Update ! (download in my signature) (version 3.1) Have fun !

Version 3.1 : Lunars ready !
    New :

- improved xp calculation (nobody will notice, but the formula is muuuuuuuuch nicer and sturdier)
    - new merits included
    - updated xp costs and bp costs and caracter creation overall for lunar

Fixed :
    - the health points calculation was off... didn't notice... it's fixed and also work for Lunars and DB !

Known issues :
    - Fixed defense values won't be changed if you buy a charm switching the attribute/ability for another (ex. Presence to calculate Guile)
    - charm auto-filling miss the DB and the Lunars (unfortunatly I might not have enough time to fix this until a few months, unless a friendly hand helps me)

Leave a comment:

• Refhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Nabirius View Post
    I don't know if this is a bug or if the charms haven't been added, but I can't get any of the DB charms from the dropdown menus.
    Hi,

Unfortunatly the charm database still need a lot of work to include the DB and the Lunars charms. I think I'll wait for the final Lunars manuscript to do everything in one shot (I'm using semi-automated extraction which is quite a pain...)

Though any help is welcome if you have some skills in vim/sed/cut or pdf extractor, please feel free to start, I could use a hand on such hardship...

Anyway thanks for your feedback and for using the sheet

Leave a comment:

• Nabirius
    replied
    I don't know if this is a bug or if the charms haven't been added, but I can't get any of the DB charms from the dropdown menus.

Leave a comment:

• necrotek
    replied
    Just want to say, this is the sheet I use in every game.

Any chance you've begun work on the lunar book's additions?

Leave a comment:

• Refhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Oriares View Post
    I'm probably missing something or doing it wrong, but my Supernal Martial Arts Dawn can't learn Single Point Shining Into The Void's Form charm despite having MA 4 and having the prerequisite charms.
    Hey, thanks for the feedback !

I'll take a look this week (if I can manage to find enough time >.

Leave a comment:

• Oriares
    replied
    I'm probably missing something or doing it wrong, but my Supernal Martial Arts Dawn can't learn Single Point Shining Into The Void's Form charm despite having MA 4 and having the prerequisite charms.

Leave a comment:

• Refhi
    replied
    Originally posted by Scottyzen View Post
    I really love your character sheet being in Excel. I often will use a Microsoft Surface at the table to save space from physical books and binders, and having this powerful character sheet is awesome. I really appreciate the hard work you and your friend/group have put into it.

I'm just stopping by to see how the updates are going!
    Thanks for the kind words, you're the reason we keep doing this !

If you have any kind of feedback it's always welcome (we intend the sheet to be so user-friendly that even newbies can make a character, we hope we did it right)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X