Advanced Character Generator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIll this be updated for the DB?

Like the Sun I am relentless even in death...

Comment

Originally posted by Rahod View Post
      WIll this be updated for the DB?
      Oh yeah !

I don't know exactly when but it will. (I hope to start working on it next week)

French Exalt & ST & ToolMaker [Website]
      Advanced Character Generator Thread, Excel Version & LibreOffice Version
      Familiar Generator Thread & Libreoffice Version

Comment

Just a quick note : I'm curently working on the big Dragon-Blooded update !
        + preparation for future exalts, and essence/ability pre-requisites for charm selection. My server seems to be buggy for now so I can't upload, but I'll try to post asap.

Comment

DRAGON BLOODED UPDATE !

Changelog v1.40
          • DB implementation including : Essence charts (Just Hatched option available), Merits count, Auto-Cast abilities, XP Progression, Evocations and spells cost more for them ( :'-( Why so Cruel ?)
          • fixed a few cells
          • New charm database
          • errata-ed craft charm description (again)
          • New Charm looker algorythm... Everything should be fine.
          It's quite the big update, so feedback is very welcome so I can hunt those pesky bugs.

To-do :
          • DB Charm Database
          • auto-select charm selection by Charm Prerequisite (loads of works...)

Comment

I love this tool, but I noticed yesterday that the current version seems to have some mismatching between Solar charm types and their actual list.
            Steps to reproduce:
            Excel 365, V1.4 9Dragon Blooded Friendly!)
            Open a blank sheet
            Scroll immediately to Charms
            Select Ability: Presence
            Allow subtype autofill
            The list of charms goes from
            Empty Mind Strike (Martial Arts -> Steel Devil Style) -> Healer's Unerring Hands (medicine)

Looks like the database may have been moved around from previous versions and not updated, or something? There's some sort of offset that starts as early as Craft (the first charm in Craft is currently Empowered Barter Stance) and as far as I can tell with limited time to test, this doesn't fix when you determine an exalt type and caste. Hope this helps, because, again, <3 this tool.

Comment

Originally posted by BestCaseSurvival View Post
              I love this tool, but I noticed yesterday that the current version seems to have some mismatching between Solar charm types and their actual list.
              Steps to reproduce:
              Excel 365, V1.4 9Dragon Blooded Friendly!)
              Open a blank sheet
              Scroll immediately to Charms
              Select Ability: Presence
              Allow subtype autofill
              The list of charms goes from
              Empty Mind Strike (Martial Arts -> Steel Devil Style) -> Healer's Unerring Hands (medicine)

Looks like the database may have been moved around from previous versions and not updated, or something? There's some sort of offset that starts as early as Craft (the first charm in Craft is currently Empowered Barter Stance) and as far as I can tell with limited time to test, this doesn't fix when you determine an exalt type and caste. Hope this helps, because, again, <3 this tool.
              Thanks for the feedback !

I've been aware of this bug for a few days but couldn't find time to fix it, sorry >.<

Fortunately the rest of the sheet should work perfectly.

The good news is that I'm working on a new sturdier system that will fix this+add Charm prerequisites ! (At least for abilities and attributes)

Comment

Originally posted by BestCaseSurvival View Post
                I love this tool, but...
                Fixed !

v1.5 : now working prerequisites... Except for supernal. Should'nt be too much work though, so bear with me.

Comment

Changelog (v.1.51)
                  - Fixed God Mod (it's usefull for testing but got things messed up)
                  - Supernal prerequisite now working properly !

To do :
                  - rework on database to get fixed charms ID

Comment

I really love your character sheet being in Excel. I often will use a Microsoft Surface at the table to save space from physical books and binders, and having this powerful character sheet is awesome. I really appreciate the hard work you and your friend/group have put into it.

I'm just stopping by to see how the updates are going!

Comment

Originally posted by Scottyzen View Post
                      I really love your character sheet being in Excel. I often will use a Microsoft Surface at the table to save space from physical books and binders, and having this powerful character sheet is awesome. I really appreciate the hard work you and your friend/group have put into it.

I'm just stopping by to see how the updates are going!
                      Thanks for the kind words, you're the reason we keep doing this !

If you have any kind of feedback it's always welcome (we intend the sheet to be so user-friendly that even newbies can make a character, we hope we did it right)

Comment

I'm probably missing something or doing it wrong, but my Supernal Martial Arts Dawn can't learn Single Point Shining Into The Void's Form charm despite having MA 4 and having the prerequisite charms.

Comment

Originally posted by Oriares View Post
                          I'm probably missing something or doing it wrong, but my Supernal Martial Arts Dawn can't learn Single Point Shining Into The Void's Form charm despite having MA 4 and having the prerequisite charms.
                          Hey, thanks for the feedback !

I'll take a look this week (if I can manage to find enough time >.

Comment

Just want to say, this is the sheet I use in every game.

Any chance you've begun work on the lunar book's additions?

Comment

I don't know if this is a bug or if the charms haven't been added, but I can't get any of the DB charms from the dropdown menus.

Comment

Originally posted by Nabirius View Post
                                I don't know if this is a bug or if the charms haven't been added, but I can't get any of the DB charms from the dropdown menus.
                                Hi,

Unfortunatly the charm database still need a lot of work to include the DB and the Lunars charms. I think I'll wait for the final Lunars manuscript to do everything in one shot (I'm using semi-automated extraction which is quite a pain...)

Though any help is welcome if you have some skills in vim/sed/cut or pdf extractor, please feel free to start, I could use a hand on such hardship...

Anyway thanks for your feedback and for using the sheet

Comment

Working...
                                X