Seal of Eight Divinities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seal of Eight Divinities

So my players have discovered a signal from Autochthonia and the location of the seal. Now I need ideas for what they could do to unlock the seals. Any good ideas?

So you are having the seals be physical seals? Interesting...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Well at least physical indicators that that seal had been broken.

Comment

Well, first they need a large tub of lube - then they take that to where-ever the seal breach point into creation is - then they drop their pants, lube up, and prepare to embrace their new mechanical overlords

no but IMO letting anyone breach the seal from creation... I would argue against letting players do that. IIRC then it says in one of the splatbooks that even in the high first age the solars couldn't undo that seal

but if what they detected was a prelude to the seal being undone from the autochtonia side? who knows. depends on how the players interpret things.

Do they think its an invasion coming? do they know where its coming from? do they think its a tricky demonic invasion from a hole into malfeas?

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

In the first age the solars unlocked 7/8. I've decided on the one they didn't get back then(item in autochthons forge in yushan), but I'm at a loss for the rest

Comment

I think one is only operable from Autochton's side. I mean obviously that one would likely be opened already in your scenario, but it would be an interesting challenge to figure out how to communicate across the seal in order to get it open.

Well you said the Solar's opened 7 of 8, so do they reseal themselves?

Comment

Dreams of the First Age says that using a Protoshinmaic Vortex and a Hand of the Great Maker the Solars were supposedly able to open 7/8 seals but could not open the eighth before the remaining seven snapped shut again. The text does not make it a hard fact. The Hand allows Wyld Shaping in Creation although also the possibility of creating a big wyld pocket.

MoEP: Alchemicals says a metaphysical barrier it is impossible to open from the outside but relatively easy to open from the inside with an E8 Municipal charm. It also states that it is supported by the power of the divine ministers.

So by having them be physical, you have already changed the basic assumptions.

The Eye of Autochthon is probably the most appropriate "key" followed by something involving the Clayman or the Jadeborn. Perhaps a sufficiently strong concentration of Autochthon's essence, such as from a level 5 Autochthon aspected manse could "trick" the seal into believing that the end is in Autochthonia and so opening. Alternatively, the operation of complex machines is a prayer to Autochthon. Perhaps if the seal is incorporated into an N/A level artifact it will, again, be tricked into unlocking. They may also just need to channel an obscene amount of power at the seal, like redirecting the Sword of Creation.

You might make it so that the PCs actions determine where the breach will occur when the seal breaks. Perhaps that spot south of An-Teng was where Autochthon left Creation the first time which is why it "normally" happens there.

Comment

why not just use the key hidden under the mat next to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Exthalion View Post

The Eye of Autochthon is probably the most appropriate "key" followed by something involving the Clayman or the Jadeborn. Perhaps a sufficiently strong concentration of Autochthon's essence, such as from a level 5 Autochthon aspected manse could "trick" the seal into believing that the end is in Autochthonia and so opening. Alternatively, the operation of complex machines is a prayer to Autochthon. Perhaps if the seal is incorporated into an N/A level artifact it will, again, be tricked into unlocking. They may also just need to channel an obscene amount of power at the seal, like redirecting the Sword of Creation.
                  That's the most likely solution. Of course the seals could be torn at the metaphysical corners by someone slipping through - ala The Elegant Nova of Progression from Keychain of Creation - which could help with your quest.

My homebrew blog

Comment

What I've got so far is:

1) Some doohickey from his sealed workshop in Yu-Shan
                    2) The soul of a Dragon King
                    3) The heart of a Jadeborn

Comment

Originally posted by Darkuwa View Post
                      What I've got so far is:

1) Some doohickey from his sealed workshop in Yu-Shan
                      2) The soul of a Dragon King
                      3) The heart of a Jadeborn
                      Why would a Dragon King soul help?

My homebrew blog

Comment

Stall. Always stall. I think it should have to be opened from the other side, given that Autocython (sp) was doing a GTFO before the solars started looking at him like a useful assembly of parts to make anything and everything from.

But! it is a new edition. If you mean to do this, you can open 7 gates by using 1 of each caste of alchemicals to unlock it. Then all 6 can unlock #7 together. #8 can be unlocked on the other side by 6 other alchemicals.

Given that there are all sorts of Exalts now that there did not used to be, maybe there are alchemicals in creation, at the very least, there are the plans to make them with the beloved Jadeborn? Maybe the Jadeborn have 6 in stasis that they will allow the party to awaken if they do X for the jadeborn.

Then the alchemicals will only do it if they think the party is not going to hurt the Great Maker, and promise to help him. And to prove their good intentions, would the party kindly do X for them?

Autocython can open all sorts of bizarre things to the party. it is your game, do what you will. Normally, I am all about Player Characters doing the cool stuff themselves. But in this case, the things they do should be suitably epic, and result in a few things that can maybe reawaken the great maker, once they are on the other side of the seals? It gives you a little more control over things, but lets your players do something awesome. After all, if they succeed at waking him up, well, maybe they can help him with this health issue he has...

I need to remember how to spell his name again. Been years.

Comment

Remember though that the people of that place have no immunities to the diseases of Creation. One of the scenarios in 1e was that the quiescent Great Contagion, which everything in Creation was immune to because their ancestors had sutvived it, ravaged the population of that place as soon as the Eight Seals were broken.

Comment

You have to summon a third circle demon whose domain is locks and heaven thunder hammer it into the lock.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Comment

You must complete the Keychain of Creation.

The Lunar Castebooks fan project

Comment

Working...
                              X