Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Made A Thing: Third Edition's Map in a 1E Style

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Made A Thing: Third Edition's Map in a 1E Style

    Hello! A while ago I started on a little project to recreate the Third Edition map in the same style as the map as presented in First Edition. Now, I know what alot of you are thinking; the 3E map looks great! You're an idiot who wasted alot of time! Well, maybe I did. However, I always liked the 'pop' of the bright colors of the 1E Map, I find the 3E map a tad washed out looking for my tastes. I also wanted something that lacked the fanciful embellishments of the 3E Map, which I sometimes find distracting. I am sure there are errors that need to be corrected and I would gladly take any criticism as constructive advice!

    Here's the Imgur links Let me know if they don't work. Beware, it's kinda big.

    Map with 500 Mile Grid

    Map with 100 Mile Grid

    Blank Map with Grid
    Last edited by Kashi; 07-10-2017, 08:22 PM.




    My Map of Third Edition Creation in a First Edition Style

  • #2
    Very nice.

    Comment


    • #3
      I admittedly prefer the 3e map, but what you've done here looks very nice. Awesome job!

      Comment


      • #4
        God damn that looks so good! And you've got the 500 mile grid already built in. I love this map. Thank you for making it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by KymmetheSeventh View Post
          God damn that looks so good! And you've got the 500 mile grid already built in. I love this map. Thank you for making it.
          Thank you! I've got a layer in the original file that adds a second grid that's 100 miles, I could probably post that too if anyone was interested.




          My Map of Third Edition Creation in a First Edition Style

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kashi View Post

            Thank you! I've got a layer in the original file that adds a second grid that's 100 miles, I could probably post that too if anyone was interested.
            I could actually REALLY use something like that. Count me in as interested.

            Comment


            • #7
              This is the best.


              Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

              Comment


              • #8
                Worth it just for the grid itself! Very neat! Kudos!


                It is a time for great deeds!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Gorgeous! The only thing I feel I should point out is that there's a few things not marked on it. Vaneha, Medo, the White Sea, the city of Ember...these are all missing. Might be a couple more too that I missed. Other than that, awesome stuff.


                  "Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

                  Now...count up all your sins.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post
                    Gorgeous! The only thing I feel I should point out is that there's a few things not marked on it. Vaneha, Medo, the White Sea, the city of Ember...these are all missing. Might be a couple more too that I missed. Other than that, awesome stuff.

                    Good eye! That's part of the reason I posted it, so people can point out things I missed. I've already got a changelog going for what to add that I missed. Thanks!
                    Last edited by Kashi; 05-23-2017, 03:51 AM.




                    My Map of Third Edition Creation in a First Edition Style

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Kashi View Post
                      Hello! A while ago I started on a little project to recreate the Third Edition map in the same style as the map as presented in First Edition. Now, I know what alot of you are thinking; the 3E map looks great! You're an idiot who wasted alot of time! Well, maybe I did. However, I always liked the 'pop' of the bright colors of the 1E Map, I find the 3E map a tad washed out looking for my tastes. I also wanted something that lacked the fanciful embellishments of the 3E Map, which I sometimes find distracting. I am sure there are errors that need to be corrected and I would gladly take any criticism as constructive advice!
                      Doing a happy dance

                      Thank you for sharing. While I think the 3E map looks good, all the embellishments makes it kind of useless for me to be used for actual gaming. This is what I have been thinking of doing, but beside not having time for, being to lazy to do myself.

                      Would you mind sharing the project file, or a large map with no location on it? That way it would be great resource to update with out own spots for our own games, and the size seems big enough to make local maps.

                      When it comes to the location of things, while it is the same location as the official map, being a dot makes it stand out more. I guess Onyx should be located on the coast and not in the middle of the island.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lundgren View Post
                        Doing a happy dance

                        Thank you for sharing. While I think the 3E map looks good, all the embellishments makes it kind of useless for me to be used for actual gaming. This is what I have been thinking of doing, but beside not having time for, being to lazy to do myself.

                        Would you mind sharing the project file, or a large map with no location on it? That way it would be great resource to update with out own spots for our own games, and the size seems big enough to make local maps.

                        When it comes to the location of things, while it is the same location as the official map, being a dot makes it stand out more. I guess Onyx should be located on the coast and not in the middle of the island.

                        Sure, I can give you a 'blank' map no problem. I'll try to throw something up later today along with a smaller grid that was asked for earlier. And, yeah, I know about the dots. I mostly just put them on the center of the little 'city' icon on the 3E Map, which, as you pointed out, has caused problems. I think I'll move some of them closer that I know are coastal, like Onyx. Some of the new places, like Goldenseal, though, I have no idea if they are coastal are not.




                        My Map of Third Edition Creation in a First Edition Style

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Awesome job. While I love the new map, and prefer the look, it's just much easier to actually use the 1E Style. Thanks for your work.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I really love this.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This is great. I found the embellishments distracting as well.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X