X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kashi
    started a topic I Made A Thing: Third Edition's Map in a 1E Style

I Made A Thing: Third Edition's Map in a 1E Style

Hello! A while ago I started on a little project to recreate the Third Edition map in the same style as the map as presented in First Edition. Now, I know what alot of you are thinking; the 3E map looks great! You're an idiot who wasted alot of time! Well, maybe I did. However, I always liked the 'pop' of the bright colors of the 1E Map, I find the 3E map a tad washed out looking for my tastes. I also wanted something that lacked the fanciful embellishments of the 3E Map, which I sometimes find distracting. I am sure there are errors that need to be corrected and I would gladly take any criticism as constructive advice!

Here's the Imgur links Let me know if they don't work. Beware, it's kinda big.

Map with 500 Mile Grid

Map with 100 Mile Grid

Blank Map with Grid
    Last edited by Kashi; 07-10-2017, 09:22 PM.

• Kashi
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words. I had fully intended to update it, but 3e setting books are practically non existent save for The Realm. I have considered a mishmash of old 1e and 2e locations but I have yet to do so. I haven't actually played Exalted in years.
    Last edited by Kashi; 10-25-2020, 07:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Su-tehp
    replied
    Hell, I only found out about this map just a few minutes ago and just downloaded the 500 mile grid map. And I totally agree that SLS' endorsement of this map is the best acknowledgement you could get.

Leave a comment:

• Jutlander
    replied
    I liked and commented on this years ago, forgot that it existed, thought that I saw it for the first time today, and was equally excited all over again.

Leave a comment:

• Blaque
    replied
    I'm almost tempted to try and with Lunars out now, going through and adding more dots ala SLS, but htat seme slike something that'd be quite project.

Leave a comment:

• Mal'akh
    replied
    It's close to vanilla, but the biggest changes I am making is in the Underworld.and history. I'm also trying to figure out what would happen if I change some of the underlying "metaphysical" mechanics of Creation.

Leave a comment:

• Kashi
    replied
    Originally posted by Mal'akh View Post
    I am in the process of making a Shard for 3e and I liked some aspects of the 3e map,but not all, so I took your Kashi map and made some edits.

https://imgur.com/RH1hmI5

Oh, neat! What's the skinny on the shard?

Leave a comment:

• Mal'akh
    replied
    I am in the process of making a Shard for 3e and I liked some aspects of the 3e map,but not all, so I took your Kashi map and made some edits.

https://imgur.com/RH1hmI5

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    I really liked the embellishments on the 3rd ed map, but this map I think is useful for zooming in on wherever your game is, and then embellishing with cities and forests or whatever you've put there. Or political boundaries, so you can have a political map that's quite clear.
    Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-30-2017, 10:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• imadaman
    replied
    I must say I love it quite a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Hermit
    replied
    Thanks for the map!

Its very printer friendly (for when you want to yoink a specific area & add custom locations onto it).

Leave a comment:

• Kashi
    replied
    Hello again, guys. I made a few minor tweaks to the map I made and have adjusted the image links accordingly. Just fiddly little stuff that bothered me. I am working on adding the roads /trade routes. That should be my next big update, along with possibly Shadowlands.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    This is awesome! So nostalgic.

Leave a comment:

• Tytalus
    replied
    Fun map, great job, it must have been a lot of work

Leave a comment:

• Cleverest of Things
    replied
    This is so handy. Though I prefer 3e's setting and rules, my only exalted group is First Age set. If I can figure out how to add town names and dots, this is almost perfect for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X