Exalted Music Suite Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post

Obviously subject to change given changes of devs, but Exalted backer update #69
    "What is known for sure is that Thulio loathes Heaven, and has sent his agents to tear it apart, piece by piece."
    From the section of the update talking about Getimians.
    True, but that doesn't really say want to watch the world burn so much as being against these guys who run the world.

Course then again this is Exalted, I mean one of the primary aspects of the game is that everyone ,in theory, has equal claim to hero and villain as a title. The Getimian could be opposing what they feel is a great injustice and scam perpetuated across Creation at the cost of countless lives. The Sids it's their freaking job and they do this for the benefit of the world to save countless lives and ensure the world's survival.

Then again we're getting off topic here.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
      True, but that doesn't really say want to watch the world burn so much as being against these guys who run the world.

Course then again this is Exalted, I mean one of the primary aspects of the game is that everyone ,in theory, has equal claim to hero and villain as a title. The Getimian could be opposing what they feel is a great injustice and scam perpetuated across Creation at the cost of countless lives. The Sids it's their freaking job and they do this for the benefit of the world to save countless lives and ensure the world's survival.

Then again we're getting off topic here.

Looking back at some of the other comments from devs on them, it does look like at least some of the Getimians are very much the "We're doing a good thing!" being secretly manipulated into destroying heaven by Thulio.

But yeah, you're right.

Music. It's awesome! I wish we had more of it!

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade

Comment

So just checking, the next suite will not be included as a backer reward correct? I mean unless it gets added as a thing to the DB kickstarter of course.
        Also if that's not a thing being discussed as an option I would like to say it be put on the list of options to discuss.

Comment

So just checking, the next suite will not be included as a backer reward correct? I mean unless it gets added as a thing to the DB kickstarter of course.
          Also if that's not a thing being discussed as an option I would like to say it be put on the list of options to discuss.

Pretty sure the tentatively named "Music to Adventure To" will be given to backers as well.

Comment

SamuraiMujuru is correct. Both suites were part of the original Kickstarter for the core book. It is suspected that it will be made publicly available at some point (likely for a cost of some sort) but I haven't heard anything official on that matter.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
            I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
              SamuraiMujuru is correct. Both suites were part of the original Kickstarter for the core book. It is suspected that it will be made publicly available at some point (likely for a cost of some sort) but I haven't heard anything official on that matter.
              Ahh snap, I said something right for once!

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post

I could see that. The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Humble normal beginnings, the hint of mystery and power, the discovery of majesty, and the granting of power.
                I agree!
                I also think that'd track to most Exigents. An important difference we realized while listening to the music was in how Exigents are chosen. You will usually have your basic hero's journey. You have to catch the god's eye somehow and probably prove worthy and/or impress him in order to be chosen for an Exigence.
                The Exigent track sounds so fitting for that, I've only grown fonder of it in the meantime.
                Solars "just" have to prove worthy once, under extreme circumstances. They needn't have a hero's journey or buildup to that moment, even if I'd assume most of us create their backstory in that manner. Their story really starts from their Exaltation on, even if their motivations arise from who they were before. Which I think the solar theme plays to perfectly. It doesn't waste any time. It just goes for total epic glory and just in case it was too subtle adds some trumpets.

3EX Martial Arts basic overview (Weapons, Armor, Attributes & Abilities)

Comment

Hi everyone, James Semple here. I just wanted to say a massive thank you for all your wonderful comments on the music. It's great to hear it being so well received. Really glad you are enjoying it.

Really pleased to hear how popular the Alchemicals theme is. I started with the idea of only using metal instruments. Had to compromise a little with some drums and electronic noises. The huge brass theme was written for a ridiculous number of players with the idea of invoking some kind of huge machine instrument that regular people would never be able to play.

I'd say there is an element of each Exalt being the hero of their own story, certainly with the DragonBlooded where we consciously chose heroic over imperial. Even the Liminals is more creepy and eerie with the sense of them being born (you can hear a 'heartbeat' start up halfway through the track in the basses). Rather than full-on gloomy and dark I wanted it to still feel wondrous in its own way.

I don't typically come to the forums often but I'll try and check back in on the thread from time to time.
                  Last edited by ComposerJames; 06-29-2017, 09:18 AM. Reason: Originally wrote "giving birth" but I meant "being born"

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Eldritch View Post
                    It just goes for total epic glory and just in case it was too subtle adds some trumpets.
                    Love this quote! Yup, you definitely got that right! Solars was the first track I wrote for the suite and I really wanted to get that larger-than-life Exalted sound established.

Incidentally Exigents is my favourite track. I'm glad it's growing on you.

Comment

Originally posted by ComposerJames View Post
                      Hi everyone, James Semple here. I just wanted to say a massive thank you for all your wonderful comments on the music. It's great to hear it being so well received. Really glad you are enjoying it.

I don't typically come to the forums often but I'll try and check back in on the thread from time to time.
                      Thank you for coming and sharing your thoughts! It can be a dangerous place sometimes but your work was awesome. Really looking forward to the second suite!

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                      I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Just because I think this should be noted and celebrated: the comments in this thread were such that James wanted to come here and post and talk with you all. This is hugely encouraging, and congratulations to everyone who posted here!

Comment

I am simultaneously pleased at this thread's positivity and intensely envious of the people with access to the soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by ComposerJames View Post

Really pleased to hear how popular the Alchemicals theme is. I started with the idea of only using metal instruments. Had to compromise a little with some drums and electronic noises. The huge brass theme was written for a ridiculous number of players with the idea of invoking some kind of huge machine instrument that regular people would never be able to play.

I'd say there is an element of each Exalt being the hero of their own story, certainly with the DragonBlooded where we consciously chose heroic over imperial. Even the Liminals is more creepy and eerie with the sense of them being born (you can hear a 'heartbeat' start up halfway through the track in the basses). Rather than full-on gloomy and dark I wanted it to still feel wondrous in its own way.

You really knocked it out of the park! I'm looking forward to the second suite.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                              You really knocked it out of the park! I'm looking forward to the second suite.
                              I'll echo this thought. If I had to offer criticism it is that I wanted the pieces to be longer.

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game
                              http://forum.atlas-games.com/viewtop...7a1c&start=272

Comment

Will these go on sale anytime soon? A friend of mine who backed played a few tracks for me and I really enjoyed it.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

Working...
                                X