Ekorren's Homebrew Hub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ekorren's Homebrew Hub

I write a lot of homebrew and have so far kept it all in different threads. I decided to make this thread instead where I can keep all of my stuff in one place. I value presentation just as much as material. I put a lot of effort into making my homebrew look nice so that it can easily be used at the table. I use Adobe Creative Cloud for the layout. Some of the art have been made by me. The rest have been licensed via Adobe Stock.

EXALTED

ART

Dawn of the Chosen - Last Update: March 17, 2018

Dawn of the Chosen is a webcomic based on one of the Exalted chronicles I'm storytelling. It's also set in the same story as the Dawn of the Chosen playable adventure found below. On my Deviantart you can also find other art as well as an older comic I abandoned some time ago.

FICTION

The Boy from the Fishing Village - Last Update: October 23, 2015

This is the story of the first Exalted character I ever played.

It all happened when the fleet of Peleps Wakde came to the coastal village of Sakama. A boy no older than five hid as he witnessed the soldiers of the Dynasty murder his parents and take his siblings captive. The boy had no idea what his village had done to cause the Dynasty's wrath. All he knew was that he had to run away as far and as fast as he could. Along his journey, he found new friends that became his new family, and they all made their way to Nexus.

This chronicles the life of the boy who would one day become a great Solar Exalted of the Night Caste. The story was written nearly ten years ago when I played Exalted for the first time. I did refine it a little a few years ago, but I have no immediate intention of ever finishing this story. Maybe I will if I decide to return to this character one day. He is still my most treasured character. Maybe because he was my first.

GAME CHRONICLES

Here follows the Dawn of the Chosen game chronicle. It is an Exalted 3E game played-by-post.

Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 01 Ascending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 02 Ascending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 03 Ascending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 05 Ascending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 07 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 08 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 09 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 15 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 20 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 21 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 22 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 23 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 24 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 25 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 26 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 27 Descending Air - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 768 - 01 Ascending Earth - Last Update: June 18, 2018

Dawn of the Chosen - RY 769 - 05 Resplendent Water - Last Update: June 18, 2018
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 769 - 1st Day of Calibration - Last Update: June 22, 2018
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 769 - 2nd Day of Calibration - Last Update: July 9, 2018

Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 21 Descending Wood - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 01 Ascending Fire - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 02 Ascending Fire - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 03 Ascending Fire - Last Update: May 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 04 Ascending Fire - Last Update: July 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 05 Ascending Fire - Last Update: July 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 06 Ascending Fire - Last Update: July 28, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 01 Descending Fire - Last Update: July 30, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 02 Descending Fire - Last Update: August 8, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 03 Descending Fire - Last Update: August 8, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 04 Descending Fire - Last Update: August 9, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 05 Descending Fire - Last Update: August 10, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 06 Descending Fire - Last Update: August 13, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 07 Descending Fire - Last Update: August 19, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 08 Descending Fire - Last Update: November 6, 2017
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 770 - 09 Descending Fire - Last Update: November 9, 2017

Dawn of the Chosen - RY 771 - 10 Resplendent Water - Last Update: June 22, 2018
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 771 - 01 Resplendent Wood - Last Update: February 15, 2018
    Dawn of the Chosen - RY 771 - 02 Resplendent Wood - Last Update: June 22, 2018

NEW MATERIAL

The Book of Bone and Ebony - Last Update: April 14, 2018

(WORK IN PROGRESS: 112 PAGES)

This is the ultimate source of the darkest aspects of Exalted's setting. This book contains rules for necromancy, blood magic, necrosurgery (including rules for undead prosthetics), necrotic workings, Underworld-themed martial arts, new Underworld-themed upgrades to existing martial arts, rules for the Centimane Exalted (a new type of ghost Exalt), rules for Arcanoi, new and old Deathlords, Dragons of a Different Color, and a setting addition called the Realm of Nightmares that is tied to Epiales, the Black Dream, one of the Neverborn.

The Chosen - Last Update: June 23, 2017

This book contains Exigents where focus is to provide enough material to make them playable.

PLAYABLE ADVENTURES

Dawn of the Chosen is a playable adventure series for Exalted Third Edition, written for Solar Exalted players but could just as well be played with other Exalt types.

It is a story driven adventure set in an established setting, a small kingdom in the North called Yilali. This is a kingdom that was founded at the end of the Shogunate but was built on top of the ruins of an older civilization. The general theme of this kingdom is inspired by a mixture of real world cultures---they are imagined as if Scandinavian vikings merged with romaniticized medieval Europe, with heavily armored knights wearing runes and displaying pride over gods and ancestry. Take this culture and dip it in feudal Japan, as the noble warriors doff their plates and don their hakama while sharing tea before a dragon carved intricately into a black stone wall.

This is a civilization represented by an ancient northern culture changed by the Shogunate heroes who founded the kingdom for a people mostly local to the north. As generations passed and the Scarlet Dynasty blossomed into the Blessed Isle, the culture changed further as the kingdom was used as an important satrapy for the Realm's interests. The Immaculate Faith became the state religion, though the faith of their ancestors were still respected and heavily practiced.

But then the Realm betrayed the Royal Household and assassinated the king and queen. The only survivor of this treachery was Princess Neiya Karamat who was crowned the new Rose Queen after the conflict was over and the land had won its independence.

In the year that has passed since, the kingdom has been run by the Queen's court, as the new regent is still too inexperienced to dare take real charge over her nation. The queen is mostly tucked away within her chambers, or praying before Skyfang, the Blade of Kings. At least until the fateful day when she disappears, leaving behind a feather of crystal cold as ice.

Dawn of the Chosen - Chapter 1: The Crystal Feather - Last Update: June 19, 2017

(COMPLETED: 43 PAGES)

This adventure is the quest to find the missing queen and bring her back home. It is inspired by a classic sword and sorcery adventure that involves traveling between places and experiencing hardships along the way. It is an adventure that could very well take a couple of game sessions, with suggestions for how to elaborate or shorten certain sections, as well as how to modify the difficulty to better fit your group.

While the adventure is written with a very specific setting in mind, it could also be used as inspiration for a setting that fits better with your own campaign. But if you plan to run this adventure in your own setting, some preparations need to be made in order to convert the setting material that is vital for this adventure into aspects of your own setting. This PDF mentions how important certain aspects of the setting are to the story of the adventure.

This first chapter of the Dawn of the Chosen story focuses more on the countryside than the city of Rosalia and the politics therein. The most important aspects of the story for this chapter is the fate of the queen (the queen could be substituted for another type of regent, or a king if you want to avoid the damsel in distress story), the existence of the White Mountain, and the existence of the Men in the Mountain (this order could be altered to fit your own idea of mountain sages, though).

SHEETS

Ekorren's 5 Page Solar Sheet - Last Update: October 31, 2015

This is a five pages long sheet for Solar Exalted characters. It's made for the player who wants a little bit more to write on.

VIDEOS

Pattern Spider - Last Update: June 7, 2018

Pattern Spider is a Youtube channel where I make Exalted-related videos.
    Last edited by Ekorren; 07-09-2018, 05:06 PM.

Freelance writer for Exalted Third Edition.

Machineborn has been removed!
    Last edited by Ekorren; 09-04-2018, 08:33 AM.

Comment

CHRONICLES OF DARKNESS

GAME CHRONICLES

A Wheel of Fear and Fate - Last Update: June 23, 2017

(ABANDONED: 41 PAGES)

This is my first attempt at storytelling Chronicles of Darkness. Unfortunately it seems like this project will never be finished because we stopped playing the game before we could complete the story. Hopefully you will still get some enjoyment out of it.

The small town of Chime is nearly forgotten in Jackson County, Oregon. A hundred years ago, it was known as the greatest manufacturer of grandfather clocks in the United States, much due to the machine created by its founder Arthur D. Chime. This machine was often called the god of all machines, and it was the cause of both blessings and tragedies in the small town. Eventually it was shut down and the factory was turned into a museum. Today, a hundred years later, the machine has woken up as if from a hundred year's slumber, and it calls upon the people of Chime to repair it, so that it can return to its former glory.
      Last edited by Ekorren; 04-06-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Placeholder.
        Last edited by Ekorren; 11-12-2017, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Going to bump this thread just to let people know that this stuff exists and that it would be nice with a pat on the back for all the hard work.

Comment

Oh, sweet, an updat to necromancy! Love that shit.
            I've not really looked into Machineborn, sorry. I'll need to check out the adventures later.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
              Oh, sweet, an updat to necromancy! Love that shit.
              I've not really looked into Machineborn, sorry. I'll need to check out the adventures later.
              Every single Shadowlands Circle spell from 2E have been properly converted to 3E now with the latest update. Still need to add content for higher circles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                Every single Shadowlands Circle spell from 2E have been properly converted to 3E now with the latest update. Still need to add content for higher circles.

Awesome! ...Now to fit a necromancer back into the plot...

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

In the original Rockband videogame there's an achievement for perfect scoring every song at the highest difficulty setting, with every instrument. The achievement is called Start a real band already.

Ekorren, you might wanna apply to Onyx Path.

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
                    Ekorren, you might wanna apply to Onyx Path.
                    Speaking of ... I'm going to pause my homebrew work indefinitely for that very reason. I will no longer update any of the homebrew PDFs here. Some of the chronicle stuff and video discussions "may" be fine depending on the content, but I'll have to review the contract first. So if people wonder why I'll grow silent about my necromancy homebrew and Machineborn stuff in the future, it's because I've been given an opportunity to write for official Exalted products. I hope that you will continue to use this material even though I will no longer update it.

Comment

I've been enjoying Machineborn, so fingers crossed you get to work on Alchemicals!

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                        I've been enjoying Machineborn, so fingers crossed you get to work on Alchemicals!
                        That would be awesome. That's a distant one, though.

Comment

Congrats! Looking forward to reading your published content.
                          Last edited by Keichiokami; 06-15-2018, 06:18 PM.

May you live in interesting times...

Storyteller of Sun Forged Oath

Comment

Originally posted by Ekorren View Post
                            Speaking of ... I'm going to pause my homebrew work indefinitely for that very reason. I will no longer update any of the homebrew PDFs here. Some of the chronicle stuff and video discussions "may" be fine depending on the content, but I'll have to review the contract first. So if people wonder why I'll grow silent about my necromancy homebrew and Machineborn stuff in the future, it's because I've been given an opportunity to write for official Exalted products. I hope that you will continue to use this material even though I will no longer update it.
                            I'm going to take full and sole credit for everything, because obviously it was my idea.

/s

Hey man, that's fantastic! Give it all you got.

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Working...
                            X