AotR: Cynis Borok and Regaria Fera and HDNP: Strix and Zicnal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AotR: Cynis Borok and Regaria Fera and HDNP: Strix and Zicnal

Drivethru has posted the new adversaries!

Here's the Adversaries of the Righteous:
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ath=8329_24225

And the Hundred Devils Night Parade:
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ath=8329_24225

Haven't had a chance to read them yet myself, figured I'd share first!

EDIT: It's Ragara Feria, I don't know what my hands were doing when I typed the thread title.
    Last edited by Abakus; 06-28-2017, 03:57 PM.

Flavour wise, I love Zincal.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

DRAGON-BlOODED CHARMS

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Just from the preview, this Adversaries of the Righteous entry looks to be really good! And it shows more Dragon-Blooded charms, including some pretty cool examples of their pseudo-excellencies.

Comment

Ragara Feria - finally given some game stats in 2017 after first appearing in Savage Seas. (^VVVVVVV^)

Comment

It's interesting that the Brawl/MA 'Excellency' which you have to buy doesn't also let you boost Parry. Seems like DBs will need to buy two excellencies for their combat abilities.

Some of me humble homebrew for ex3:
            Artifacts for Crumple's DB homebrew
            Some Lintha QCs
            A Wyld Behemoth

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
              DRAGON-BlOODED CHARMS

And Feria's writeup also has some evocations!

I think I like the new DB dice adders so far. Stoking Bonfire Style and Hammering Wave Technique both seem solid as dice adders and give some marginal effects that seem to make them effective as entry-level charms.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS View Post
                It's interesting that the Brawl/MA 'Excellency' which you have to buy doesn't also let you boost Parry. Seems like DBs will need to buy two excellencies for their combat abilities.

Hmm, it looks like you're right. Feria's writeup has attack and Parry adders broken up over Stoking Bonfire Style and Blinding Spark Distracting. I wonder if that will be true for Brawl as well, of if it won't have a Parry adder. I imagine it must, for Martial Arts to use.

It's interesting that they decided to go with success additions rather than dice additions for the social skills and Dodge. I wonder why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Abakus View Post

It's interesting that they decided to go with success additions rather than dice additions for the social skills and Dodge. I wonder why that is?
                  I just noticed this as well! Maybe a split in social skills like combatones? A Socialize excellency that gives bonus die (w/a trick) to only persuade actions?

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

Originally posted by Abakus View Post
                    Abilities where the number of threshold successes really matter (combat Abilities, Awareness, Craft) get bonus dice because you want the potential to get as many successes as possible. Abilities where threshold successes are less relevant (Presence, Lore, Survival) get automatic successes, because they want the reliability that gives.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Success addition in non-combat skills makes their base prowess is reliable and beating mortal difficulties easier, but it's harder to hit the heights Solars can get and they have a more restricted ceiling compared to likely the other Celestial Exalted too.
                      Edit: And sniped by developer!

I gotta say, the Dragon-Blooded adversaries are both rather cool and they show off useful stuff both in terms of mechanics and narrative roles. Zicnal is awesome, he feels like an good but not overtuned potential adversary and interesting character in the world. The storyteller advice is neat.
                      Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; 06-28-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Glowing review. Feria and Borok seem like great archetypes of characters who got a good amount of details in their writeups, Manda Collis did an awesome job with that. Their charms are cool and its great seeing some full DBs here.

Zicnal is awesome and has some really great merits. The details in the storytelling traits section are exactly the kind of stuff I want to see, including the details of his followers.

That Strix is carrying a person. And is also awesome.

This is pretty much everything I'd been hoping for in both Adversaries and Night Parade. I can't wait for the next releases, and I can't wait to use this material in games.

Please considering doing the Simhata next. I am dying for good art of what Simhata look like!

I am no longer participating in the community. Please do not contact me about my previous work.

Comment

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
                          Please considering doing the Simhata next. I am dying for good art of what Simhata look like!
                          I submit that the IDEA of a Simhata is infinitely cooler than any actual art of a Simhata could ever portray. You hear me devs? I challenge you to prove me wrong! (hint hint)

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
                          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

On Glowing Coal Radiance, does the text:

and roll a non-Charm die for each 10 on the roll
                            behave the same as Flawless Handiwork Method:

Craft rolls supplemented by this Charm reroll 10s until 10s fail to appear.
                            ?

That is to say, if my non-Charm die is a 10, do I add a second non-Charm die, etc.?

(I can imagine an incredibly finicky dice trick charms that cares about the difference between the two, involving something like getting a bonus for rolling a sequence of numbers, but I suspect you didn't write any such charms.)

Comment

Here's a question for folks, where would you put Cynis Borok's satrapy? The answer that's obvious is wherever is appropriate for your game, but I like the basic description given, that it's an eastern satrapy that the Realm has all but abandoned.

My first thought is somewhere north of Port Cailan, though somewhere on the coast near Jiara could also potentially cover it. Further inland could be cool, but I'm at a loss for where a Realm satrapy would be in the East if it isn't on the coast. Where Greyfalls once was seems almost too far now, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X