The Realm Preview Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
    Yeah, the descriptions of the Dreaming Sea paint it as this really exotic and deadly place which has ideas bouncing around in my head for how to represent that.

One thing this has got me thinking about is other societies in the area with caste systems, and to what degree they might look like the one possessed by Kamthahar-which-became-Prasad.

Ysyr has...something like that. We know there's 2 classes, based on Purity. So probably some sort of caste system.

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

Originally posted by Roswynn View Post
      I somewhat doubt there are so many. Unless you're thinking of a very small internment camp.
      Well, a little goes a long way when it comes to raksha and anathema and demons (oh my!). And I basically took that to mean the Pure Way Wyld Hunt attempts to capture such beings alive so they can "convert" them. Obvi not all of them will go quietly, but the Hunters have probably developed special methods for it.

Comment

Still going through.

I think my only gripe on the Castes is they don't kind of line-up with what I think of when It hink varnas a bit. Mostly in that there's a caste that I gather is Untouchables, but there's no caste for farmers, unless I'm missing something?

And stuff.
        Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaque View Post
          Still going through.

I think my only gripe on the Castes is they don't kind of line-up with what I think of when It hink varnas a bit. Mostly in that there's a caste that I gather is Untouchables, but there's no caste for farmers, unless I'm missing something?
          The Corporal Caste would probably also be farmers in this system, since "grubbing in the dirt" would be considered unclean. Also, lots of fertilizer to handle.

"The true object of all human life is play. Earth is a task garden; heaven is a playground." -G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Still going through.

It might be that Caravaners supervise slaves who work the farmland of Prasad.

Leetsepeak's Ex3 Homebrew Hub - Hub of homebrew for Exalted 3rd Edition that I've made.

Comment

I think my only gripe on the Castes is they don't kind of line-up with what I think of when It hink varnas a bit.
              What's wrong with that?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
              Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
              https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                What's wrong with that?
                Exactly - don't think varnas. Prasad is informed and takes inspiration from Southern Asia, mostly India, but there's a lot that doesn't fit the bill. Exalted isn't a slavish recreation of historical cultures - it steals and borrows from them, but Creation is its own thing in the end.

Comment

So are there other lesser ranked Dragon-Blooded families that compete to marry into the ruling houses, or are the two ruling Houses endlessly marrying each other?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                    So are there other lesser ranked Dragon-Blooded families that compete to marry into the ruling houses, or are the two ruling Houses endlessly marrying each other?
                    Hmm...this makes me wonder how the transition goes in the rare instance of Jack from dirtjobs Caste of Clan notimportant becomes a Dragon-Blooded.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

What's wrong with that?
                      Mostly since I don't imagine most of the population of Prasad aren't still farmers like most palces in Creation, so I kind of wonder where farmers and laborers who aren't effectively dalits sit in things. In a culture that thinks everyone has a place, it raises a question of where the palce of what is probably the majority population might be.

And stuff.
                      Made signature by moderator request. Any actual typing of "And stuff." is out of habitual reflex.

Comment

"Lower castes may not cook for their betters for fear of spiritual contamination, and likewise may not handle or gather ingredients beyond their station"
                        It seems to me like every caste has it's own farmers

Comment

This is great stuff. I love it. I find it extremely interesting that the Pure Way accepts conversions from surrendered Anathema, and I love Prasad's spin on varnas and jatis. If everything else in the book is up to this standard, it's gonna be very worth the wait.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

Originally posted by DraMaFlo View Post
                            It seems to me like every caste has it's own farmers
                            That works too!

It actually maeks sense with some plants like chocolate too. Due to the stupid long and irregualr life cycles of those things, they actually seem like something a Dragon-Blooded might keep in her garden and have the lifespan/patience to pick the beans for.

And stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post
                              This is great stuff. I love it. I find it extremely interesting that the Pure Way accepts conversions from surrendered Anathema, and I love Prasad's spin on varnas and jatis. If everything else in the book is up to this standard, it's gonna be very worth the wait.
                              Though I do think the conversion being couched in the whole, "You can die and get a better life next time if you surrender" is in itself pretty neat. I approve. I also love how it has a corebook style "here are some more places" thing attached to it. I hope we get that all-over.

And stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by danelsan View Post

Hmm...this makes me wonder how the transition goes in the rare instance of Jack from dirtjobs Caste of Clan notimportant becomes a Dragon-Blooded.
                                ​Probably about as well as it does in the Realm.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                                X