No announcement yet.

The Realm Preview Part 1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked this on the Dev thread, but I really wonder how Prasad fits into the 15,000 Realm DBs (5,000 of whom are Lost Eggs), 5,000 Lookshy DBs, and 5,000 Outcaste DB numbers.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      I asked this on the Dev thread, but I really wonder how Prasad fits into the 15,000 Realm DBs (5,000 of whom are Lost Eggs), 5,000 Lookshy DBs, and 5,000 Outcaste DB numbers.
      And Eric just confirmed on the dev thread that Prasad has an additional 2000 DBs not part of the Realm's count.

Comment

And Eric just confirmed on the dev thread that Prasad has an additional 2000 DBs not part of the Realm's count.

...so that means Prasad (which I want to call Parsaad for some reason?) has 2/5 of all Outcaste Debs, or roughly 1/2 as much as lookshy and probably more than any single Great houses (11 great houses means a little under 1500 per Great House, depending on distribution). This makes my 'Prasad independnce war' much more viable.

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

Well, I guess Prasad has 2 Houses, so at 1000 each, they're a bit smaller than Realm Houses.
          The number's big, but not, I feel, ridiculous. The key thing is that it's very difficult for Solars to conquer! Which makes a change.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

So, who do I have to beg gratuitously in front of for the Rockship to get a nice big art panel? Because damn. Damn son. That's cool. Damn.

"Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

Now...count up all your sins.

Comment

It is somewhat interesting that gods and spirits are included in the reincarnation cycle. I suppose, technically, it falls in the hard to falsify territory of things that can't really be tested. Gods sometimes die and sometimes come into being. While Yu-Shan might know with utter surety what happens to every soul and could point out the error, it is nice to see a religion that is "wrong" without it being some sort of deliberate deception.

Comment

Tanistry is, notably, how Irish clans dealt with ruling and bloodlines.

Neall Raemonn Price
                Beleaguered Scion Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post
                  Crusader Kings 2 taught me this!

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

Originally posted by Neall View Post
                    Ahhh...

​Wait a minute... all of the pronunciations I can find for it go with the form of tan-ist-ry.

​But it's a reference to the Gaelic term Tánaiste (still used as the title of our deputy prime minister), which is pronounced tawn-ish-ta

So would it not be more accurately pronounced as tawn-ish-try?

Damn English!

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                      ...so that means Prasad (which I want to call Parsaad for some reason?) has 2/5 of all Outcaste Debs, or roughly 1/2 as much as lookshy and probably more than any single Great houses (11 great houses means a little under 1500 per Great House, depending on distribution). This makes my 'Prasad independnce war' much more viable.
                      Eric confirmed Prasad's their own group, not counted as part of the Outcaste.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Whoohooo I'm glad Prasad was my favorite new area in the Corebook, and for some reason I wasn't expecting them to be fleshed out so much in the realm Book!

Wait are those numbers confirmed? Really weird that a citystate has 1/3rd the Dragonblooded of a supercontinent roflstomping the world.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                          Crusader Kings 2 taught me this!
                          Hehe me too, and encouraged a lot of cultural fleshing out.

In fact I'm glad a lot of Prasad reminds me of work I did on a continent with some Indian themes. Crusader Kings taught me you can really make an area the size of India feel like a whole world with a buttload of cultures.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

Wait are those numbers confirmed? Really weird that a citystate has 1/3rd the Dragonblooded of a supercontinent roflstomping the world.
                            Yes those numbers are from the Dev thread. My own interpretation is the Lookshy Gens are a bit more spread in the Scavenger Lands, not all residents of the city itself. But that's just a guess.

Comment

I was just wondering what language(s) is/are spoken in Prasad, and it reminded me how I feel like Dragontongue was such as useless addition in the 3E core, given the breadth of dialects the other languages are assumed to cover. If a new major language-family option was to be added in 3E, certainly "Dreamtongue" as the language of the Southeast would have made the most sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

​Supercontinent? It's... bigger than Europe, at least...

​The Exalted population of the Blessed Isle is not exactly proportional to the mortal population or surface area.

​I'd say that the number of Dragon Blooded who live in the city of Kamthahar is about the same as the number of Dynasts who reside in the Imperial City at any given time.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                                X