No announcement yet.

Great news for Lunar fans!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My love for Lunars is possibly distorting my judgement , but I think the authors having another set of charms behind them prior to doing the Exigent book can only be a good thing.
    Last edited by Apromor; 08-11-2017, 09:10 PM.

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game
    http://forum.atlas-games.com/viewtop...7a1c&start=272

Comment

Very good news. As far as I'm concerned, all the new types should be moved to the end of the release schedule. While perhaps more interesting as thought exercises in new types of Exalts, the 3rd Edition additional types can really wait until when/if the older established Exalts become officially playable.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        Dragon-Blooded
        Lunars
        Exigents
        Sidereals
        Getimians
        Abyssals
        Liminals
        Infernals
        ???
        Alchemicals
        ???
        ???
        I don't think they'll do Sidereals and Getimians back-to-back, or Abyssals and Liminals really. Actually, maybe Getimians won't even receive a hardback? I think the previous devs said not all the new Exalts will get a big ol' hardcover (though I don't see why not).

I think after Exigents will come Abyssals. They're new in-universe, iconic dark anti-heroes/villains, and literal opposites of Solars; it'd be good to have them early. I think one of the old devs said Abyssals were initially slated for 2015 back when things were first laid out, which would be pretty early in the game's run if Ex3 was slated for 2013.

So Abyssals, Sidereals, Liminals, Getimians, Infernals, something new, Alchemicals, and the other new ones following, I think. I'm pretty torn about Lunars and Exigents being swapped, but I want them all out anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by HighPriest View Post
          Very good news. As far as I'm concerned, all the new types should be moved to the end of the release schedule. While perhaps more interesting as thought exercises in new types of Exalts, the 3rd Edition additional types can really wait until when/if the older established Exalts become officially playable.
          I wouldn't go that far. I mean, let's be honest, Alchemicals are FUN but in terms of how important it is to get them out, they're kind of THE least urgent to get into Creation. We can wait on Alchemicals.

I'd say that Getimians and Liminals should definitely be out before Alchemicals... Probably even before the Infernals.

I can't speak for the Blankity-Blanks, the Chosen of the Depths, or the Speakers (I THINK those were teased names do NOT quote me on that) since without knowing a darn thing about them I can't say how important and influential they are in Creation.

Exigents, however, I can see justification for them being before Abyssals (potentially after), because as mentioned, the Exigent book will also help build up Exalts for people who need them before the book is out.

On the original topic, I honestly don't mind this. While I utterly adore a few types of Exalts more than Lunars (Sidereals, chiefly) I can see every reason for them to be released after the DBs. Plus, well, to beat the dead horse that had its heart eaten by a Lunar... I'm interested in seeing a thematically cohesive and together theme and a functional charmset.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by reseru View Post
            I don't think they'll do Sidereals and Getimians back-to-back, or Abyssals and Liminals really. Actually, maybe Getimians won't even receive a hardback? I think the previous devs said not all the new Exalts will get a big ol' hardcover (though I don't see why not).

I think after Exigents will come Abyssals. They're new in-universe, iconic dark anti-heroes/villains, and literal opposites of Solars; it'd be good to have them early. I think one of the old devs said Abyssals were initially slated for 2015 back when things were first laid out, which would be pretty early in the game's run if Ex3 was slated for 2013.

So Abyssals, Sidereals, Liminals, Getimians, Infernals, something new, Alchemicals, and the other new ones following, I think. I'm pretty torn about Lunars and Exigents being swapped, but I want them all out anyway.
            The original devs' plan was to have Abyssals and Liminals in the same year. Jumping off that thematic linking, having Sidereals and Getimians as a pair also made sense.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Ah, I see. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                I can't speak for the Blankity-Blanks, the Chosen of the Depths, or the Speakers (I THINK those were teased names do NOT quote me on that) since without knowing a darn thing about them I can't say how important and influential they are in Creation.
                Spoken. The Niobraran League Exalted were called the Spoken.

Since they're all deader than disco, though, I don't think we need a splatbook about them... unless the Niobrarans are making a comeback to Creation, that is. Could be an interesting optional subplot, the West would benefit from more stuff happening.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

I hope not. Sidereals are more of a setting pillar involved in core conflicts of other major pillar splats. Abyssals (while no less awesome if done right) are a new X factor to the setting (in universe I mean, not that they're new to third edition) far less automatically entwined with the built in conflicts of Lunars, Solars, and Dragon-Blooded.
                  I also hope to see Sidereals before Abyssals because a)I love Sidereals conceptually, but never played one (partly because of the charmset: both because it was bad mechanically, and because it didn't quite do what I wanted), and b)Abyssals are by far the easiest splat to homebrew, as you just take Solar charms and make them look eeevil.
                  But I still expect Abyssals before Sidereals, because they tend to come up in games more.
                  They might also be one the easier splats to write in some ways... not sure if that makes a difference, but it might.
                  Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 08-12-2017, 05:37 AM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

I'd rather have Exigents. Much more interesting than the boring Lunars.

Comment

Originally posted by Roswynn View Post

Spoken. The Niobraran League Exalted were called the Spoken.

Since they're all deader than disco, though, I don't think we need a splatbook about them... unless the Niobrarans are making a comeback to Creation, that is. Could be an interesting optional subplot, the West would benefit from more stuff happening.
                      Both the Spoken and the Chosen of the Depths were Niobraran League Exalted.

From what the previous devs said, the Niobraran War was not a war of extermination, or at least not a total war of extermination, as they intended Heroes of the Niobraran to enable you to play modern-day members of the races who survived the war.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        From rpg.net

Yes, that means it's very possible Lunars could be out in 2018!

After DB, this is the book my playgroup most wants/needs, so having both of those would go a long way to making Exalted 3rd edition feel like a full game.

It might even make me want to run Exalted again!
                        Hahaha, YES! Lunars! IMO, at minimum, you need DBs, Solars and Lunars to run a game of Exalted. DBs because they rule the world, will be your antagonists most of the time and have the strongest support structure, Solars because they're the catalyst that will shape the new age, and the Lunars because they're the most visible and immediate of the Anathema threats. (The Solars are still trickling back in, the Abyssals have only just now become a clear threat, the Infernals are still in hell and may or may not exist, the Alchemicals aren't here yet, you get the idea)

I might be biased, but w/e.

My wordpress
                        Let's Play Warcraft 3 (Updates Thursdays)

Comment

Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
                          I'd rather have Exigents. Much more interesting than the boring Lunars.
                          See I think it's mindsets like that that make Vance want to go "Yes but what if Lunars like... WEREN'T dull?"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I honestly would rather Exigents first. I need this homebrew juice. Like, Lunars are cool, but pushing back the exigents seems...off to me. It's like, here's the thing that lets a determined homebrew make any exalted they need in playable form. I was kinda annoyed that Exigents were behind Dragonblooded, because I could homebrew dragonblooded easier with exigents.. Same with Lunars, Infernals, Siderals, or even weird one off stuff. Exigents, as a book, just seem infintely more valuable.

Restoring demonic glory in Infernals:What Hell Has Wrought

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

I wouldn't go that far. I mean, let's be honest, Alchemicals are FUN but in terms of how important it is to get them out, they're kind of THE least urgent to get into Creation. We can wait on Alchemicals.

I'd say that Getimians and Liminals should definitely be out before Alchemicals... Probably even before the Infernals.
                              You're right, my statement was overly broad. To rephrase, I'd prefer new stuff get moved after what I consider "setting vital" Exalted types - DBs, Lunars, Sidereals, and Abyssals. Infernals and Alchemicals happen to be my personal favorites, but I recognize that neither is as vital to the setting as the big 5, so I'm fine with them going last. It feels like the new stuff should be in that same category.

Comment

Hmmmkay. I'd have taken Exigents first, but fine, I get that Lunars are classics. I am curious to see what direction they go in, particularly since they are the least thematically pinned down.

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

Working...
                                X