No announcement yet.

Increasing the number of Lunar Exalted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which makes this discussion more than 3 months since anybody else was talking about it. Unless you've got a really good reason to revive a thread I think most of us would appreciate leaving stuff alone that's more than a month old.

It's not a years-dead discussion, but still dude.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post
      It was only back two pages. :P
      Don't worry I am not offended by threadomancy. It didn't used to be so taboo, but somehow its a touchy thing now.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Especially considering the thread in question was a troll thread from a poster who got banned.

Comment

Why do you say its a troll thread? Yes the poster was banned, but a question is a question.

Comment

I don't mind it, someone wants to make an input they can.

Personally I think it sounds like a very unnecessary change but if it works for the OPs game then go for it.

Comment

That was my feeling. I don't think it makes the game more interesting.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

I'm not even sold on the idea of there being 400 Lunar Exalted. I definitely oppose the idea of 900.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

I was rather fond of the idea of their being one Lunar for each Solar so about 300. But I can get used to 400, it sacrifices a smidge of auspiciousness and harmony in exchange for a smidge more flexibility in the setting.

900 is a lot though, the setting would be completely different. But it is still worth discussing, you can even talk about maybe what if most of the Lunar Exaltations spread beyond Creation? So they are in the various worlds created and disconnected after the 1st age. And also populating the deep seas and undergrounds of Creation. And what about a mirror of Creation on the other side of the coin that only has Lunars and Terrestrials? There are a lot to discuss about it, its just going to be a departure, and if the Lunar host ever fully consolidates in Creation Proper they would be the biggest powerblock. Thus even the Solar's ruled they would need the tacit approval of the Silver Host. But with how Solars are only smidge more omnipotent then Lunars it really makes it seem that if their were three times more Lunars then Luna either crippled herself way more then Ignis Divine in creating her Chosen, or she was way mightier (maybe multiple Moons).

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    I'm not even sold on the idea of there being 400 Lunar Exalted. I definitely oppose the idea of 900.
                    My main feeling was "oh, that's 1 for every Solar, plus 100 for people who really don't want to be connected to a Solar." But there's possibly other ways to avoid that issue anyway.

Admittedly, 400 isn't a big increase, so doesn't make a huge difference either way. 900 though, yeah, that's a massive difference.

Comment

900 is definitely for a non standard setting, its as drastic as saying there are only 100 Lunars.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        My main feeling was "oh, that's 1 for every Solar, plus 100 for people who really don't want to be connected to a Solar." But there's possibly other ways to avoid that issue anyway.
                        ​My feeling since the core came out is that the Bond isn't necessarily even to the same Solar across lifetimes, and you can get plenty of Lunars who used to have it still going in for the whole focusing heavily on something else highly personal to them.

​It seems to me that there must still have been something between Solars and all Lunars for that line about the loss of the Solars having an extreme effect on the Lunars to still hold up.

​Still, this all reminds me of the very earliest days of my interest in Exalted, where somewhere along the way I got the impression that there were two Lunars to every one Solar.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

I always thought that the number of Solars and Lunars both didn't need to be set precisely.

They made as many as they thought were needed and that amount is known maybe to them alone, or maybe even the Incarnae don't know exactly. The amount wasn't based on how many humanity deserved (because in my take on Sol, there would have been an Exaltation for everyone because he sees infinite potential in everyone) or on how many they could make (because I don't think the amount of Exalted should be based on such... I want to say such a base concept of how hard they are to make?) but on how many would be needed to win the War while making it a hard-fought battle (and again, I think that Sol would state that they needed heroes, and the stuff of heroes was adversity, it couldn't be too easy).

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                            Yeah, just twenty more would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                              I always thought that the number of Solars and Lunars both didn't need to be set precisely.
                              Well, I think the canon answer in 3rd edition is about 300 Solars and about 400 Lunars. So it's not precise anymore.

They made as many as they thought were needed and that amount is known maybe to them alone, or maybe even the Incarnae don't know exactly.
                              Hmmm... tbh, in the High First Age, it doesn't seem really that hard for the Deliberative to count. Sure, they might miss a few secretive ones, but they'll have got a number somewhere close to it.

Comment

One of the concerns I have is Luna and the principle of diminishment.

A Lunar Exaltation may not be exactly as powerful as a Solar Exaltation, but Luna has never been exactly as powerful as Sol. To make more Exalted than him, it seems that she would have diminished herself far beyond his own sacrifice, proportionately.

Unless he also diminished himself to create the Flame of Exigence.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Working...
                                X