Micro-preview of Infernals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aquillion View Post
    Obviously 3e Infernals will be Antisolars. Not in the Abyssal sense, but in the matter-vs-antimatter sense - if an Infernal and a Solar of the corresponding caste come into contact, they cancel out and explode violently, killing both.
    And anyone in the immediate vicinity as well I'd presume.

Originally posted by Robert Vance
    If the Abyssal Castes are dark mirrors of their Solar counterparts, then the Infernal Castes are twisted, warped reflections.
    Infernals put the 'fun' back into funhouse mirrors.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

Just want to tell everyone involved in this (and Exalted 3e in general): thank you for what you are doing.
      I love this game, and I love the effort everyone puts into it. These little teasers make my day. Thank you for doing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
        Extreme Ultraviolet sounds like a more imaginative name than Slayer.
        Halo Caste Infernal: Grey Ash Falling Under the Rays of an Ultraviolet Sun.

Comment

I should perhaps note that the halo effect can also occur courtesy of the moon. It's all about the ice crystal clouds dispersing light in the atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
            So, assuming this is intended seriously, the theme there would seem to be... shadows cast by the sun? Or possibly phenomena associated with the corresponding Solar phase?

​I wonder what that theme could lend to the other Castes.
            Green Flashes would be the natural infernal-themed counterparts of Dawns, though it's not that evocative a name.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post

Green Flashes would be the natural infernal-themed counterparts of Dawns, though it's not that evocative a name.
              Aren't green flashes at usually observed at sun set? Given that Ligier is a crafter, it works for Twilights.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Aren't green flashes at usually observed at sun set? Given that Ligier is a crafter, it works for Twilights.
                If there's a large body of water to the west of the observer, such that it extends to the horizon, then yes. Otherwise, the scattering doesn't give that color.

Comment

Hehe; while I have absolutely no issue with the idea of Penumbra as a Caste name, it does suddenly give me an idea in which each of the Castes takes a corresponding Solar phase, and goes for its cool, edgy equivalent.

​I had an idea for how their Caste marks could form; the flesh in the middle of the forehead kind of convulses and roils, bubbling up before opening in the manner of a third eye, except instead of an eye it's the glowing Caste mark, which is mildly noxious.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Third eyes are always evocative.

I play...
                    Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                    Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

An obvious name in this theme is Corona; less obvious names include Sunspot and Flare.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                        If the Abyssal Castes are dark mirrors of their Solar counterparts, then the Infernal Castes are twisted, warped reflections.

So twisted an warped? Does that mean caste abilities might be different? So for example Dawns normally get Archery, Awareness, Brawl, Dodge, Melee, Resistance, Thrown, and War. Is it possible that the Infernal version of the Dawn have Archery, Athletics, Melee, Presence, Performance, Resistance, and War?

My Exalted Character Creation Tool may be downloaded here. The thread talking about the tool can be found here.
                        Exalted: Seats of Power is a homebrewed manse creation system.
                        I have a rewrite of the craft system which can be downloaded here.
                        I like the Mesoamerican look.

Comment

Something I expressed elsewhere, but I like that Penumbra fits in with Castes and Aspects being named after celestial or physical phenomena, rather than just straight-up title. Fiend, Malefactor and so on has more or less a bit of "outright title" by being various descriptors of demony-people. This always felt a bit odd in context of things named after events like the elements, planets, phases of sun and moon, materials, or (recently) body parts.

Penumbra is also just a great one for an Eclipse-alike since it has all sorts of liminal imagery to it as it being the area where light becomes darkness and vice-versa and yet it is neither truely the shadow nor truly the light. Good stuff.

And stuff.
                          My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

When they first mentioned it, I was guessing the infernal caste redesigns would figure more into phenomena or environmental features of hell to match the motifs of other Castes and Aspects, and I'm quite happy that seems to be the case. Penumbra is a really good Eclipse Caste equivalent name, and it suggests that they might all be references to green sun, which is neat. Lends some weight to the appellation of Green Sun Princes.

If I had to take a wild guess right now, Corona would be the Zenith equivalent, given the etymology and symbolism of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
                              If I had to take a wild guess right now, Corona would be the Zenith equivalent, given the etymology and symbolism of the word.
                              Also reinforces flavor; anyone would make questionable decisions after social influence from nine Coronas.
                              Last edited by Aretii; 08-22-2017, 11:29 AM.

Glorious Solar Kitten

Comment

I've generally found that it's not the Coronas that lead to questionable decisions, it's the Jose Cuervo you're chasing with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X